• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They probably are light years behind in tech...

Ottoman Empire in that shot is only at land 10; I don't think that they can be too far ahead.

Light years is the measurement of distance, not time.

If you put all the research bars next to each other and mark points where Ottomans are and where their enemies are, the difference between their positions will be distance not time.

Last edited:
This is the most pointless argument since the last pointless argument in this thread. :p

And clearly, differences in technological advancement should be measured in Attoparsecs

Sadly i didn't take a screen of it, but Portugal moved it's capital to Delaware (with it's population of 1000) in 1562 (They still hold Lisabon so it's not becouse of war)

The last game I played, the Portuguese moved their capital to manhatten, and by 1730-ish owned virtually all the territory the USA would have, while having only one province in Europe, and a few in Africa.

I'll pop up a screenshot (still got the save) if anyone is particuarly interested

I've seen them relocate to sunny Guatemala :D
Similarly, Squeezed between Prussia and France, the Netherlands relocated their capital and eventually lost all their European territories

I've seen them relocate to sunny Guatemala :D
Similarly, Squeezed between Prussia and France, the Netherlands relocated their capital and eventually lost all their European territories
They seem to do that a lot. I've seen them in Central America before!