• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
More unit type groups would be cool (especially for the very large Chinese and Muslim groups) but it generally comes down to a lot of research time for very little gameplay benefit, which is why we don't split unit groups very often.
This suggestion would indeed be a lot easier to accommodate if it included suggestions as to what units might be used :) (balance etc, is better left to us I think but there needs to be a good number of types at about the same intervals year-wise).

It is allso woth remembering that the other effect tech groups have these days is the known land at the start of the game, This is a bit wired for the nations near the edge of the tech groups, such as the manchu tribes,who do not know that shakalin exists, even though Yeren controls it in 1444. Also the berber nations don't know that is on the other side of the sahara.

While this is true it's perfectly possible to split unit type groups while keeping countries in the same tech groups as they used to be :)

What's needed to split a unit group is basically name and descriptions for units, preferably with a focus on how tactics and technology evolved over time. When you think you have enough for both new groups I suggest you post both lists in one post and ping me and I'll see if we can make it happen.
It won't be for 1.20 though.