• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YodaMaster said:
Re-reworked list:

Dalmatia => forests
Hellas => mountains
Ionia: wine => grain

Leon => mountains
Aragon => forests
Murcia => plains

Marche => mountains
Emilia => mountains
Tuscany => mountains
Piemonte => forests + wine
Siena => forests

agree

now ...france

limousin to mountains
vendee to marsh
berry to marsh
lorraine to forest
niversais to forest

Toio said:
adana has a few rivers in the province form the mountains, .i would say marsh or forests in that order
marsh was my first thought too.

Toio said:
now ...france

limousin to mountains
vendee to marsh
berry to marsh
lorraine to forest
niversais to forest
I agree for all of them but not Limousin. With the new map, you can see Limousin province is bigger than vanilla map one and more to the east where mountains are located. With vanilla map, better keep forests.

EDIT: Lorraine is already forests.

Last edited:
Zimbabwean gold

Just finished Early Gold Mining on the Zimbabwean Plateau and it conveniently maps gold mines for the game's period. The gold is further east than I'd expected, running along the central Zimbabwean Plateau from NE to SW. The mines are scattered throughout this area, with no notable center.
In game terms this means that Sofala (1508), Rowzi (1510) and Nembire (1511) need to be changed to gold and Zimbabwe (1509) to slaves. To prevent changes to the game balance I plan to keep the total of 75 gold unchanged. Conveniently this means that each of the three provinces can have 25 gold.
This means that some adjustments are necessary in this event:
Code:
#(1500-1550) The Mwenemutapa Empire
event = {
	id = 335004
	trigger = { neighbour = POR }
	random = no
	country = ZIM
	name = "EVENTNAME335004" #The Mwenemutapa Empire
	desc = "EVENTHIST335004"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1500 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1550 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME335004A" #Zimbabwe gradually fades away
		command = { type = capital which = 1511 } #Nembire
		[COLOR=YellowGreen]command = { type = mine which = 1511 value = -15 } #Nembire
		command = { type = mine which = 1508 value = -15 } #Sofala[/COLOR]		
		command = { type = population which = 1511 value = 2000 } #Nembire
		command = { type = provincetax which = 1511 value = 1 } #Nembire
		command = { type = population which = 1509 value = -2000 } #Zimbabwe
		command = { type = provincetax which = 1509 value = -1 } #Zimbabwe
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = 50 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME335004B" #Take back our lost territories by force
		[COLOR=YellowGreen]command = { type = mine which = 1511 value = -15 } #Nembire
		command = { type = mine which = 1508 value = -15 } #Sofala	[/COLOR]	
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 15 }
		command = { type = population which = -2 value = 2000 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 1 }
		command = { type = trade value = 500 }
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = -50 }
	}
}
I think that the gold was going to decrease regardless of which choice the Zimbabwean player would make. I also increased the total loss from 20 as the Portuguese struggled to get much gold out of the country.

sturmvogel said:
Anybody know why Mombasa is spices? I'd think ivory or slaves would be more appropriate. Edit: Slaves I think.

it should remain spices as the area historically was called the pepper coast

sturmvogel said:
Huh? Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_Coast. The Pepper Coast is Casamance in game terms.

Then give me an example of spices that it exported. Zanzibar's cloves, etc are all late- or post-game. I got nothing that Mombasa grew as even coffee is post-game.

i was just reading a book and the portuguese author wrote it as pepper coast, ..........below is an extract of what we can use for goods

East African Coast at the beginning of the sixteenth
century by Duarte Barbosa:
'There is a beautiful city of the Moors (Swahili), called Bombaze
(Mombasa), very large and beautiful, and built on high and hand ome
houses of stone and whitewash and with very good streets, in the
manner of those in Quiboa. And it also has a king over it. The people
are of dusky white and brown complexion, and likewise, the women, who
are much adorned with silk and gold stuffs. It is a town of great
trade in goods, and has a good port, where there are many ships, both
of those who come from Cambray and Melinde, and others which sail to
the islands of Zanzibar, Manfia and Pemba. This Mombasa is a country
well supplied with plenty of provisions, very fine sheep, which have
round tails and many cows, chickens and very large goats, much rice
and millet, and plenty of oranges, sweet and bitter, and lemons
cedrats, pomegranates, Indian figs and all sorts of vegetables, and
very good water. The inhabitants are at war with people of the
continent and at other times at peace, and trade with them and receive
much honey and wax, and ivory'."

maybe sheep for mombasa or grain

also we can use as the city name Bombaze ( as per article)

Unfortunately food production was declining in East Africa pretty much during the entire game. Mombasa and Pate are fighting over food from Pemba by the late 1600s. So I'm still inclined to go with slaves.

YodaMaster said:
Yes, think to the most representative for the entire timeframe. If only we had a command for Goods change in provinces...
We can only hope that Paradox's opening of the engine will actually happen and that it will include that.

:eek:

I didn't see it mentioned, but if you've reasoned that Hellas ought to be mountains, the same must apply for Ionia. The terrain in Euboea and the other Aegeans islands are just as rough as Hellas'. Thoughts?

Change 441 Lisboa to salt. The salt pans of Sétubal were large enough to bring merchants from the Hanseatic ports of the Baltic. They were actually south of the Tagus, but I'd prefer to put them in 441 to avoid modifying the Enrique the Navigator event and it still allows the Portuguese to build a FAA in the capital with no sacrifice of manufactories.

ThanatosHelen said:
:eek:

I didn't see it mentioned, but if you've reasoned that Hellas ought to be mountains, the same must apply for Ionia. The terrain in Euboea and the other Aegeans islands are just as rough as Hellas'. Thoughts?

In the venetian archives Euboea was split in 3 sections , the north and central where mountainous while the south was plains, .....I thought about mountains , but after testing , I found the TUR had a harder time in taking the island, so I left it as plains, .......besides the capital was in the southern area

Garbon said:
Actually, I'd like to protest about all the anatolia changes. None of them track on to the topographical map provided nor any maps I've seen.
LOL. Dulkadir (in the current map) is located in the Anti-Taurus and is actually the most elevated region in Anatolia.

"None of them track on to the topographical map provided nor any maps I've seen"

Indeed :rolleyes:

But obviously since I've proposed it, it's wrong..

Therion said:
LOL. Dulkadir (in the current map) is located in the Anti-Taurus and is actually the most elevated region in Anatolia.
Which province are you talking about?

Therion said:
No, this is because we have to take in account topography, abstraction(s) and gameplay.

Therion said:

"None of them track on to the topographical map provided nor any maps I've seen"

Indeed :rolleyes:

Ah one of your several suggested changes. The only one that actually maps on...and yet oddly you called Dulkadir, a country that starts in Aleppo. Is it clear now why I didn't think Aleppo should have its terrain changed?

Therion said:

Is there a reason you're making such a statement?