• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(189568)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2010
  • Majesty 2
hi!

enjoying the game quite a bit with friends, but some questions/suggestions came up:

1. bots - potions/behaviour:
Please let bots use potions. i think it would be far easier if they used potions. Or add better AI behaviour. (i think mage bot doesn't use ray of awesome - don't know about other classes)

2. bots - loadout:
It would be cool if the host of the game could equip the bots with items he already has unlocked. Or let us buy different AI behaviours (i.e. focus on healing, more aggressive, more defensive,...)

3. perks / abilities:
Are the perks just for the person who activated them or for the whole party? We played a game with two rogues and a mage and the mage constantly hitted crits (which normally he doesn't)

4. filter for game list:
As suggested by a few other players: some filters (full games, just a particular game mode, friends, etc.) would be cool

5. camera movement while player is dead:
I'd like to control the camera a bit more while being dead (while the countdown goes on). Maybe make it so we can cycle through the players by left click or something like that. Sometimes it seems the camera just freezes at some random place.

6. items:
Why would someone spend money on weapons/armors/hats before getting all of the other items/perks? Would be cool if items also had some effects (heal with every hit, more damage, more crits, ...)

7. energy / mana:
I can't see anywhere when my ray of awesome is ready again or how long i can cast it - maybe we could get a little bar showing how much energy/mana we have right now.

8. buy lives:
Would be cool if we could buy some lives in the item shop. Yesterday we managed to do stage 2 of a level, but we had no lives left. Starting a boss fight with no lives left is not that easy ^^

Last edited:
9. change game type:
I'd love to be able to change game type (local, private, public) while i'm in the lobby. Yesterday i had a game where i finished stage 1 and a part of stage 2 with bots, but the passage where you have to run away from the saw blades is impossible with bots because they won't stop attacking the rocks even if there's already a space where you can get through. Would be nice if i could change the gametype to public, so i won't have to play stage 1 and the first part of stage 2 again.

10. dm mode and money:
Do you get more money when you torment the players more? Or do i get the same ammount of money if i kill the players in the first 5 minutes than if i kill them in the boss fight after they beat me down to 10% life?

Last edited:
Just bringing my opinion in.

Anything to do with A.I. improvements, read: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ssage-From-The-Devs-quot-Of-Bots-And-Men-quot
Basically throw your opinion in whether you want them to focus on improving the A.I. or other aspects of the game(getting it completely stable would probably be a higher priority imo)

#4 I agree with. Having to constantly re-sort everything instead of just saving filter options is a bit annoying.

#5 Agreed, though that's a low priority in my opinion. There's a lot more important stuff to be working on, considering they're a small team.

#6 Completely disagree here. How I view it: Start spending your initial gold on perks/potions/DM related things you want, then on unlocking all of them, then on cosmetics. I like having that long-term goal of one of those hats that costs 8k, but I won't have gimped stats because I don't have it yet.

#8 That'd break the game completely. It would make losing lives trivial and would require a complete re-balance of the game. A major aspect of the game is managing your lives and working together to not lose them

#9 I don't know if that's necessary. It'd be a nice little aspect, but there are a ton of games where you host local/private/public and would have to remake it to change.

@lonesword:
#6 ok, i didn't think of it this way - i also don't want to be gimped until i have the 'noble sword of awesomeness +3' :)

#8 but this way i had some people disconnect because we lost 2 lives in the first stage. it was a nice team otherwise, but a little mistake cost us 2 lives and in the end one of our team left and we had to quit the game because we couldn't go on with a bot

and btw, added question #10 :)

#6 as Lonesword said, would not be good for the game... but i hope that every weapon get different spells. you can se a spell on all weapons but it's all the same :/ hope in the future they add different spells on all weapons!

#8 it would ruin the game. if you loose all your life you need to run and try to find more life.. if you all die just press continue and you will start on the stage you died and might get better luck finding an extra life:)

#9 i can agree a little but still many games have it like this, and if you don't like it start host "private" so you can invite friends or start playing online every game :) this is something they could add in the future when they have time :)

#10 you get 500 Gold bonus for each map, and you gold for all your evil, you is you successfully get like 200 evil on one stage you get 700 Gold