• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looking foward to this patch! Improved tooltip info, revolt risks, and target portraits in plots are all major thumbs up in my book!

Will this adversely affect save games on a previous patch or under the hood changes should work well?

Love the antipope changes. I had to assassinate a couple of unemployed antipopes to clear out the moral authority decline over the weekend in a game. At least once deposed and becoming antipopes they do not get replaced presumably because they dont have a controller.

Love it.

Mayve I missed it in the changelongs, but one thing that still needs to be fixed is pressing claims. While the tooltip says that couty-claims need to be in your de-jure region as liege or from someone in your dynasty for the claimant to become your vassal, any would-be count anywhere will in fact become your vassal when you press the claim.

What does that fix mean exactly?

At the moment you get -10 opinion penalty from all your vassals for every extra duchy you hold over 2. This however means that you will never be able to build strong cenralised kingdoms, like lategame Castille or Hungary. Therefore I belive the penalty is too high, it'll probably need some tuning.

On the other hand a more elegant solution would be to lock the maximum number of held duchies to crown laws, i.e. 1 base and 1 more every level passed. This would mean a 5 duchy cap at absolute crown authority which is a more reasonable number. Or at least it is IMO.

"Combat events will not happen until three days into a combat (to avoid commander deaths and such when overrunning tiny forces)"

Ah, thank you, finally my king can lead armies again...

... and thanks for the update, and the upcoming patch, but mostly just for having a relatively bug free game in the first place.

As someone who has been playing Pdox games for 6 years, seeing a forum only 3 weeks from a release not being filled with a million GAME IS UNPLAYABLE PATCH NOW threads is downright weird. This is what happens when Paradox actually makes games that work at release.

This is the first PI game that has not crashed on me. The original CK was horrible with crashing. And it always timed it perfectly so you have not saved for a while, and your first son has finally been born.

I'm curious what this means.

It means that the tooltip for a character will display useful info like character ID etc which is useful especially for modders.

What has changed?

Some more info? Are there some general changse or are these buffs/nerfs to their starting position in 1066?

The Shia Caliphate and especially the Seljuks have gotten a bunch of new castles and cities as well as some more buildings early on, which gives them more income and way more levies.

I guess it means that it does work at all (because now it doesn't)

The message system have been working just as it was designed, it's just that most players didn't understand that design. So it has been tweaked to work more they way they expect it to instead.

The Brittany and Cornwall into Wales bit seems like a bad idea. There are six provinces in Wales, six in Brittany and two in Cornwall. Even if someone owns all of the actual region of Wales, they wouldn't have enough provinces to create the Kingdom title. However, if the Duke of Brittany manages to get either province in Cornwall, they suddenly have the ability to become King of Wales despite not owning anything in Wales. I take it it's impossible to have a province that isn't part of a de jure Kingdom like in CK1?

Not sure the Shia caliphate needed any more power, but the Seljuks sure did.

Indeed, the Shia Caliphate is one of those 'always-does-well' countries in my games. Sure, it gets a few losses here and there and sometimes loses to a crusade, but they simply recapture the region once Europe is looking elsewhere. Even the Byzantine Empire isn't safe because it can rapidly deploy enormous amounts of levies to the Byzantine border, fast enough to take advantage of any Byzantine civil wars.

Not sure the Shia caliphate needed any more power, but the Seljuks sure did.

The Shia C. is already very strong in my game. There is a ongoing crusade for 200+ years now and during this time countless nations declared war and even the hre was not able to win against the Caliphate :eek: