• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((definition of a dictator, A ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained power by force. or A person who tells people what to do in an autocratic way or who determines behavior in a particular sphere. Sounds like Roseno to me))

((Which you can appoint and dismiss at will, it's more "Prussian Consitutionalism" then an absolute monarchy but ultimately you are able to rule by decree.))

((Suppose I'll join))

José Olózaga
Born 1824
Lived in Britain since the age of 25, made money through the shipping industry and studied at Cambridge while he was there and became inspired by British constitutional monarchism and democracy, writing a number of essays on the subject. When he heard of the rise of Cesar by letter he didn't believe it and decided to return to his home country. While he still believes in constitutional monarchism he opposes Cesar I and his dictatorial rule.

I am an agitator.

(( Excellente. A constitutional monarchist to serve as Chile's Orleanist faction. Now we have a Bonapartist faction, the Imperials; the republican faction; orleanists/constitutional monarchists; and all we need are the Legitimists/Bourbons/neo-absolutists to complete the parallels.

And for the record, Cesar's rule by decree is a power so dangerous and loathe for him to use he has not yet used it. We are not a constitutional monarchy purely by the fact that we do not believe in monarchism in the traditional sense, we believe in Napoleonic constitutionalism; but in terms of parliamentary democracy, yes we do not currently have voting. We are a reactionary dictatorship, but Cesar is not the dictator. Currently we are a provisional dictatorship of the reactionaries of the former lower house of the Congreso, the unnamed lower house that affected the ability to enact reforms one way or another. There are plans in motion to restore democracy as soon as the unnamed courtiers allow us to squeeze a political reform through.

In and out of character Cesar and myself, for instance, and most of the Imperialists i do believe, want to bring back voting; we just cannot get it past the unnamed courtiers/lower house right now. ))

Guys. Please stop with the OOC arguments again.

In game, the government type is Absolute Monarchy and (excepting slavery) all political reforms are in their most reactionary positions. In the thread we're still voting because we're using the Junta voting system, modified for game balance reasons.

I'll get that map to you when I get access to my Vic2 computer again, some time this evening.

For those keeping count, we're now up to 11 agitators.

We have some new, or a new, imperialist as well. LordVagrant.

((There is a difference between my views and the Orleanist's in that I ally with the Republicanos with the purpose of seeing the restoration of democracy, be it monarchist or republican, though I should have mentioned that.))

((Olózaga's basic principles are that all of the political rights that existed under the Republic should be restored. The purpose of the monarch should be purely to protect the constitution. No parties should be banned. Cesar I should be replaced by a liberal monarch. A democratic republic is better than an absolute monarchy. I'll do an in-character pamphlet to summarise it better at some point.))

Last edited:
((Everything you just said would be completely supported by the majority of the imperialistas, except for removing Cesar as Emperor. That just doesn't make sense. Monarchs are supposed to be conservative, that way the nation doesn't overextend itself too quickly.))

(( From now on let's try to keep OOC chatter to a minimum. We never seem to cause problems IC, it's always OOC that causes them. ))

((On that note, here is the new character. Plus a pic so mine doesn't get stolen again, talkin about you Spitfire ;)))

General_Baquedano.jpg

Name: Sebastian Roseno
Titles: Marshal of the Army of the North, Grand Prince of the Chilean Empire
Born: 1816 (40 at 1856)
Bio: Following in his father's footsteps, Sebastian enlisted in the army at the declaration of war against Bolivia. He served under his future father-in-law, Colonel Manuel Carerra, as a dispatch runner until being sent off to an Officer's Academy in Santiago during the war after showing immense talent commanding a platoon of troops during an emergency. He was stationed as a temporary Captain within the Santiago Infantry Regiment when the news of the Zepeda-Badajoz Coup was released. Fighting galliantly, Sebastian led the troops storming into the Palacio de La Moneda and captured those responsible for the coup: Badajoz, Zepeda, and Alvarez.

During his time in Santiago, he met his future wife, Isabella Carerra, while out with his friends from the Academy. They began a long seriess of secret correspondences and accidental pregnacy in 1849 until Sebastian was transfered to the War Ministry, to serve under the father of the woman he had been courting, his old commander Colonel-now-General Manuel Carerra. Upon realizing that this young man was the one responsible for his daughter's pregnancy, Carrera gave Sebastian an ultimatum, "Either marry my Isabella, or leave the army forever." Sebastian quickly chose to marry the General's daughter, as he had already been preparing to ask the big question to the young woman. They were happily married in 1850 with their son, Cesar, in their arms.

Sebastian has continued to serve with distinction in the army until being promoted to the rank of Colonel by Presidente Romano in 1854. When news reached him of his father's ascensent to Emperor, Sebastian was at first horrified, and would have quickly joined the Republicanos if not for his father-in-law Carerra. The now old General took him aside, and explained to him the reasons for his father's action, and why this would be for the best. Sebastian accepted them, though with much concern still hidden.

Sebastian is now acting Marshal of the Army of the North and Grand Prince of the Empire. He does not take either title with joy, as he sees the Empire through skeptic eyes. He has already devised a plan to re-establish a form of democracy and the re-integration of the republicanos once he has been crowned "Emperor."

((hmm, interesting. We'll see how well that will go, since the Republicans would probably only cooperate if the Republic was re-established. My guess on how well that will go is: badly.))

Name: Abelardo de Vasces
Born: 1831
The son of Armando de Vasces and heir to the Vasces family fortune, Abelardo de Vasces sees himself fighting the same battle his father did during the war for independence. He took to hunting at a young age, and has become an excellent shot with a rifle. He inherited his fathers conservatism and his dedication to democracy. He has an intense hate for the Weissmüller family, as the Chilean security forces both burned the Vasces estate to the ground and killed his father. He currently leads a small band of conservative Republicanos that are running the security forces around in circles. The has killed a total of 24 Imperialist Chilean officers, and has gained a reputation as a sniper.

He is an agitator

((It's a bit late, but I figured Abelardo needed a bio))

Last edited:
So here's that picture you've all been waiting for.

Just_Chile1-1-1861.png

It looks like I fed some misinformation to those of you asking about the current state of world affairs: Bolivia is now a one-state country because Argentina apparently did take back that sliver of land at some point, and we do share a border with Brazil because they took La Paz. My bad.

Rogov and Hoi2geek, I don't think I've gotten platforms for either of your characters. I need them to get the elections started.

And guys, really no more OOC arguments.

((TH, is the Army of the North located along the Chile-Brazil, Chile-Peru, and Chile-Bolivia border, and the Army of the South along the Chile-Argentina border?))

More or less. The Army of the North is in Potosi.

The Imperial Chilean Army's Quartermaster's Office (or is that the Office of the Quartermaster of the Chilean Imperial Armed Forces?), in an effort to affect efficiency, has compiled some paperwork that has managed to make it's way into Congress.

Imperial Army Diversity Act
Now that our glorious country has grown, and the size of our armed forces has increased, I propose the following bill to ease the workload on our greatest generals, and limit the ability of a single man to lead his forces to the detriment of our beloved country.

A General (or Admiral) shall have command of no more than 30% of our total brigades/ships.

The leader of our country (and thus Commander in Chief) is of course exempt from this while commanding our forces in exercises and parades about the capital.

Captain Martin Schmidt, Imperial Chilean Army's Quartermaster's Office

So far the posters in this thread have handled the recently events exceptionally well with almost no posts of any concern. The last page and a half has quite a few borderline posts. Can I strongly suggest that all posts are in character and that discussion of your personal opinion about real world political movements and ideologies are left out completely.

In the spirit of Marshal Carerra's heroic life and bold vision of unity, I propose this flag as a permanent replacement for the provisional flag so graciously offered by Mr.Caviezel :

My suggestion of course, is to alter this design - which refrains from the cross of burgundy - to possess the black eagle, instead of the star, in the center of the crest; as proposed by the artful Mr.Caviezel. That way we have a flag representing the New Order, with a new symbol of that order, without relying on the symbols of the cursed Spanish.

AndeanEmpire.png