• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
""Kill by peaceful means? That's an oxymoron.""

Jorge Gales

(( Has Gales declared? Is he an agitator? ))

Captain Martin Schmidt
Born 1837 Wurtemburg
Loyalist

Schmidt migrated to Chile with his family in the 1840's. He has since joined the Imperial armies and served with distinction in Argentina.

It always good to another loyalist to the Empire of the Andes! Keep at it and I see a great career ahead of you.

((Officially, how many agitators and imperialists are there?))

((Officially, how many agitators and imperialists are there?))

Ten agitators and I'm not counting imperialists. We maybe have 25 total participants in this thread, so the remaining 15 are eligible to participate in the imperial government. I think we've had eight or nine people, including the Emperor and the government, declare their support for the Empire.

Oh, so we do outnumber them. Good to know. Also, is there any way to start a revolt?

Oh, so we do outnumber them. Good to know. Also, is there any way to start a revolt?

Sorry, you have to wait for in-game militancy to take its course.

((TH, how exactly do agitators work? Or better (and more to the point), how do you represent them in-game? Are we basically +.1 militancy a month, or whatever rate you give?))

((I've been paying attention to this thread but something's bugging me that I must have missed; why are the anti-imperialists called viceroyalists?))

((I've been paying attention to this thread but something's bugging me that I must have missed; why are the anti-imperialists called viceroyalists?))

((Because the Imperials are full of themselves and like to portray their opponents as UTTER EVIL. Thus the made-up derisive remark "vice-royalist" (as in, they are of - and support - the old spanish rule)))

((It's solely used to rally public support against the anti-imperialists, because the people of Chile are used to fighting Viceroyalists. It's like calling your political opponents communists or fascists, even if they are completely opposite of those political beliefs.))

((Because the Imperials are full of themselves and like to portray their opponents as UTTER EVIL. Thus the made-up derisive remark "vice-royalist" (as in, they are of - and support - the old spanish rule)))

((Getting a little too into what's going on aren't we? :p
I'm fairly sure vice-royalists suits you fellows just fine :D))

(( The Empire is essentially Napoleonic, considering itself a New Order, and associating the Republic with the Spanish Viceroyalty under a lumped concept of the Old Order.

Also, because I control the newspapers, and because I remember in Legend of Galactic Heroes when the space kaissereich got to decide what to officially designate the rebels they were fighting at the time. ))

((Getting a little too into what's going on aren't we? :p
I'm fairly sure vice-royalists suits you fellows just fine :D))

((Umm...Santandera is dead, remember? I'm not involved in either side when not in character. So, you calling me Vice-royalist when OOC is not really that accurate. :p))

Clearly, the monarchists are the real vice-royalists, since they openly use spanish symbols.

Also, lovely how the monarchists call the Republic "the old order" but the republic (and democray) is very recent has only been running for 30 years (and monarchism has existed in Chile since the first chilean cities were founded in the 1530s).

Last edited:
Not true. At no point has the Court or Prime Ministry approved any official change in flags as of yet, and the proposed flag I proposed we vote on does not include spanish symbols.

The temporary flag approved by Cesar I, with the Cross of Burgundy, was a temporary transitional flag as proposed by the well intentioned Mr.Caviezel during the transition; and was never intended to be a permanent flag, as the Emperor himself stated at the time.

((Suppose I'll join))

José Olózaga
Born 1824
Lived in Britain since the age of 25, made money through the shipping industry and studied at Cambridge while he was there and became inspired by British constitutional monarchism and democracy, writing a number of essays on the subject. When he heard of the rise of Cesar by letter he didn't believe it and decided to return to his home country. While he still believes in constitutional monarchism he opposes Cesar I and his dictatorial rule.

I am an agitator.