• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The current state of the economy is what prevented myself, as Minister of War, and former Presidente Romano from expanding the military any larger than it is. What I would propose, however, would be the establishment of an Armada de Chile ((Chilean Navy)), to safe guard our shores, ports, and merchants from pirats and privateers. It would also allow us to easily transport our armies from coast to coast, rather than relying upon the still widely used Andes mountain trails. A railroad through the mountains, after all, will take some time to be constructed, and thus a quicker and cheaper way to move our men to the nearest zone of need would be by sail, and possibly steam if the rumors from England and France are true.

And by my watch, that's time.

The lame duck period is over and Cesar Roseno's government is now in power. Out with the old and in with the new.

I believe the new President has something of an inaugural address he'd like to make before the next update.

Greetings, citizens of our glorious Fatherland!

497px-Anne-Louis_Girodet-Trioson_005.jpg

"As you know, I am General and current Presidente Cesar Roseno. I am here to inform you, that as of now, the Chilean Republic is defunct. For too long, we have been the victims of the greedy power houses of the world. For too long, the corruption and greed of competing politicians has kept us from achieving anything! For too long, the inefficiencies of slow legislature and nation wide corruption have kept our lands from developing. It is with this oppurtunity, that I announce an end to the old order. An end, to the Old Republic. Today is the start of a new beggining. A new order. I hereby announce the creation of the Chilean Empire with myself as Emperor. Viva La Chile!"
-Emperor Cesar I​

"I hereby announce the creation of the Chilean Empire with myself as Emperor. Viva La Chile!"

For all those of you who didn't catch that, President Roseno has declared a coup to install himself as Emperor! ((You never know, do you?))

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
Voting on the party union is suspended.

I need all the generals and ministers to tell me which side they're backing as soon as possible, Support the Republic/Support the Empire.

Those ministers and generals are Roseno's - Cesar I's - ministers and generals, meaning Carrow, Carrera, Disraeli, Santandera, and José de Vallenare.

I support the Empire. While I previously disagreed on Zepeda's analysis of our system, I recognize that it is indeed broken, and I firmly believe that it must be left behind for the better.

¡Viva el Imperio! ¡Viva la Chile!

I, Antonio Disraeli, swear fealty to the House of Roseno and to the immortal Fatherland!

The full might of the Interior Ministry Supports The Empire

Ave Emperor! Viva Los Emperador!

Chileans, we liberals and supporters of Badajoz knew about this plot ever since Roseno betrayed us days before my predecessor's decision of suspending the elections. We sought to defend our democracy and failed.. men who had sworn alliedgance to the flag marched to our capital and destroyed our legitimate government. We waited, and tried to untarnish our reputation. We made the attempt to show the reality to everyone, but we were ignored. We spoke of unbalanceness and people like Carrera. Carrow or Pallen rejected our ideas. It was because they always plotted against democracy, and the liberal party knew it. We made our attempt to purge the traitors, and you ditched us and damaged our reputation.

These people are the same who actively fought against the "coup" (as they wrongly call it). You people thought they defended democracy.. no, they just wanted to wipe out the liberals. All these people supporting the empire are the ones who marched against President Badajoz and my uncle Vice President Zepeda

You people prevented us from purging the plotters when we had the upper hand. Now we will all suffer. Chile has been lost.

((ThunderHawk3, can we make an uprising if we get enough votes?))

Shame! You Liberales knew nothing of the sort, as there was not plot when Badajoz and Zepeda sought to overthrow the Chilean people. Your "glorious" Badajoz wanted nothing than his own empire within Chile. He wished for nothing but what suited his interests and those of his supporters best, not for the people of Chile. The people of Chile now stand with Emperor Cesar I, and we shall rise from this twisted and corrupt Republic the better for it!

¡Viva el Imperio de Chile!

((ThunderHawk3, can we make an uprising if we get enough votes?))

You can knock the militancy up. I'll explain if and when the coup is resolved.

I declare my opposition to this gross expansion of power!

Where is our love for freedom; for democracy? Do we wish to abandon what we fought for less than three decades ago only to gain another emperor, an elite class, disinterested the people? I stand for the old system, for a republic, not an empire; especially not lead by a man with such a disregard for individualism and reform. This system he wished to implement will fail, as all tyrannies do. So long as those who love freedom remain unafraid in the face of such dictators, liberty will prevail.

Viva la Republica! Viva Libertad! Viva Chile!

That reminds me - Cesar - if you succeed, what demands are you enforcing? ((IE: What political reforms are you implementing for the Empire? I'll assume standard reactionary demands if you don't give me anything))

((Once again...people who don't hold positions, please don't declare, you'll just confuse TH. TH, would you rather I PM them or post them here?))

You can post them. Either it'll be moot or everyone will know soon enough anyway.

((Oh. Reform wise. Better social reforms, as much as possible. Hm, a ban on political parties, and ministers will be appointed. Public meetings still allowed, but obviously no voting. Missing anything?))