• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Very nice! I would like to move this to the FAQ forum, but the you would not be able to update it. Send me a pm when it is ready for it?
I could just sticky it right here, but then people would not see it. Stickys have the magic power of invisibility...

True, stickies can be invisible, but I always assume the FAQ section is invisible too as it is in a different forum than the main action - in fact a lot of people on this main forum asked where they could get the manual.

Once they have played a Paradox game before, these things usually become habitual though.

I know but I think we need to know exactly how the parameters work to coordinate gifts, marriages, dissent, ninja use and war/peace.
So far I managed to plot against Hosokawa (38%) as Imagawa and an entire part of his reign turned to me in Kyushu and on the other side of Honshu. I wish to know if you can make a vassal defect without declaring war on his lord because I tried everything and it doesn't seem to work. So, if my assumption is right it means that the invite to clan is NOT working at all because with plotting it DOES seem that, somehow, you can make other vassals become your vassals. Weird and very curious about this.

I wrote a long explanation, but the forum stole it from me so this is the short answer:
AI almost never accepts invites apart from during civil wars.
AI accepts join requests when they think you won't be able to topple their clan too easily from within.

AI needs to be wary lest the clans get very unstable.

Ehm... so what do I need to do in order to make a vassal defect and come to my clan? :)

1. Get him to join your plot and execute the plot.

or

2. Be the leader of one side in a civil war, honorable and winning. Invite him over.