• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Jarski

Captain
34 Badges
Apr 21, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • War of the Roses
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
Hey!

Our group is playing a campaign which is currently at April 3, 1938. Due to unforeseen reasons, our USSR player is unable to participate for extended period of time, so we are looking for a substitute to take over.

UK, USA, China, USSR, Germany, Italy and Japan are being played by a human.

We are using Improved 1936 modification, which will be provided for anyone interested.

We have a set of detailed rules which you are expected to abide by, which can be found on our forums.

Custom M-R pact has already been signed by USSR and Axis, which you are expected to honor.

Playing times vary, but usually we start somewhere around 16-19 UTC, play for 3-6 hours and usually once a week, usual day is Sunday but occasionally on Fridays or other weekdays.

Due to the amount of players and on-going hostilities in China the playing speed is rather slow and a lot of pausing is done. You are expected to be fine with this and be able to entertain yourself during the halts, we play the long game, not Starcraft.

Basic understanding of game mechanics is required but sufficient, you will have a lot of allies that can help you out with details and any questions.

I tried my best to scare you off but if you are still interested in joining us, then please post here!

Greetings Lord Jarski, long time no play. Just asking, I assume you obtained a player given the time that has elapsed from your above posting? Been taking a look at 1.12, much harder than earlier AoD versions.

Hey MagooNZ, good to see you posting! :D

We have indeed found a player, but only very recently. A veteran you might have played alongside before - Doshite. But of course you're more then welcome to join our ongoing campaign. Currently the UK, USA, (now) USSR, China, Japan, Italy & Germany are taken - but there's the potential for handling a particular front (with especially the UK perhaps), so India is a good companion, or Canada. Or perhaps Hungary (due to get Slovakia very soon) if you wanted to join the Axis - I'd offer Manchukuo but I've got my own plans for them as I'm Japan!

We've now reached 4 February 1939 - you can see our latest save here

To download the version of Jarski's mod we're playing, you can do so here

Hey MagooNZ! As Bona already mentioned, we eventually did find a player for USSR but that certainly doesent mean we wouldnt be glad to have you on board aswell. The Allies had a lack of players but now the situation has improved so you are welcome to join either side although the Allies I guess would have more to do due to their less compact geography. We always start a new campaign after the previous one so you can hop in to get familiar with the setting and grab a major for the next campaign too. For this campaign you can grab a minor or I'm sure someone will be ready to co-op a country, at least on the Allied camp.

I will send you a PM for further contact.

Sorry, I was off line yesterday as I had almost reached my monthly data cap. Good to hear from you both Lord Jarski and Mr_B0narpte. Maybe Doshite was playing USA, but preferred Darkest Hour? I should see if I have any records. My AoD account & email & WPO stuff has lapsed for such a long time, I will have to try to find it again. Have to use a different web browser. Try to remember my passwords. As you're well into a game, I would be happy to have a fill in or minor role. My Improved 36 mod will also be out of date. Guess I need to know what starting AoD version I need & its 4 digit code code, so a lot of computer stuff to sort out. We are on summer time so I believe that 16:00 UTC is my 5 am local, so currently a good local time for me.

That's smashing! The checksum is AEKD and the game is here - https://warplanorange.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5160#p100158

You can download it in its full version for simplicity, just might take a few hours to download depending on your internet speed.

We tend to use Steam as well for organising sessions, I can't remember if you have an account? If you do, please add me, my friend code is 79713237 and I can invite you to our Steam group :)

I'm dead asleep at 5am, but very glad you're not! :D

Last edited:
Thanks Mr_B0narpte, some progress made this evening. I have installed the AoD1.12 AEKD Imp36 game with correct checksum. Had to run Arsenal to enable music as the game had this set off. I have a problem with Steam that I mentioned to Lord Jarski. Looks like I unistalled it as I was locked out, so will look at that tomorrow. Looks like Steam is my last big hurdle; apart from having forgotten everything Imp36 does.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Haha, well glad to hear you're making progress, fingers crossed with Steam.