• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 2, 2012
I feel inclined to make a list of my feedback because I can very much see the further potential in this game; the foundations are perfect, the feel is great (Well done) but I feel as though it is lacking in certain areas which are stopping it from reaching the next level. Some things here will have been mentioned elsewhere in other threads however I feel the need to post all my thoughts regardless. I will be updating this regularly.

Here of a few of the main things from the current state:

Dynamic elements

I very much understand the purpose in custom mode, unleash your creativity and build your own clan how you want it, but I still feel as though it needs more dynamic elements to keep you alert and on your feet as so to speak. Raiding could be a start, I'd feel much more inclined to build defences around the main entrance as well as constructing doors around the colony. Not only that, I'd feel the need to structure my rooms such as my throne room, food hall, sleeping quarters, barracks etc in sequence of priority for dealing with an attack. Essentially I want more AI elements to challenge my game.

Scale

From the experience in my custom game, after levelling my spawn point so I had a maximum of 31 dwarves, I couldn't go any higher at all. I would presume that this has been capped due to performance stability, but with my rig, I know I could handle much more. If I am correct with 31 dwarves maximum, perhaps an option for dwarf cap in game options i.e, recommended (31), high (51), very high (71), insane (Unlimited spawner upgrades); I would like to have the authority to determine how many dwarves I can have in my home.

Tiles

This has been shouted around the forums but I feel the need to contribute. This is one of the biggest basic flaws in the games foundations at the minute; when I want to unleash creativity, I want things looking exactly how I want it to look, just like in mine craft or any other creative-based game. Currently if I make a mistake with a block, or remove a block for what ever reason such as obtaining resources, that can effectively destroy the integrity of what I am trying to make structure wise. It doesn't look right for example making a lovely throne room and having one piece out of place which I couldn't refill. This feature is a must.

Question(s):

What is the consequence to unhappy dwarves? Haven't noticed a side effect as of yet, do they start leaving after a very long time because I haven't experienced it.

Those things you list are indeed some of the very topics we are looking over and have great interest in. Though I am unable to say at this point what will actually make it into the game.

A low happiness mainly affect some of your dwarves productivity and the time it takes for new dwarflings to arrive to the settlement.