• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sir Paulus

Recruit
Mar 1, 2014
I played just over 100 years and my game freezes on July 8, 575 every time. It not only freezes the game; it freezes my computer. Can't alt/tab out or use the task manager. Have to shut system down and restart. As the title says, I'm running Gold: Vae Victis. Vanilla version. Bought dvd from used book store - not Steam. It shows version 2.1 with the checksum JHDS. In another thread someone suggested editing the date in the save file so I tried that - to no avail. I only advanced it a few days, from july 6 to july 10. If someone has a fix I'd greatly appreciate it. Thought about advancing the date a whole year... that should expire many things that would be in effect now...

hmmm, none of those worked. I'm going to try playing a new game to see if I develop the same problem. One positive note: I found I don't have to reboot. The logout option from ctrl/alt/del still works and when I log back in all running programs are killed. So less time wasted.

Lol, this time it happened in 494. Way earlier. But I think I see a pattern. In both games I was raiding barbarian territories for slaves to increase tax revenue and provide a base to turn into freemen, then citizens. I initially did this to prevent massive hordes from showing up on my frontier. Then i saw the tax benefit... I may have to abandon this strategy and do the client state thing.