• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Steam, perhaps? I don't use Windows 7, so can't be of much help I'm afraid.

Thanks for the info Kainser. So you are saying that you got the game from Steam and then installed the 2.32 patch, and then installed the Reign of the Ancients Mod? Just want to be 100% sure before I purchase the game from there.

I once bought a game from Steam before and the way it worked is everytime that I launched the game, it had to contact the steam website to verify the license which slowed things down and also meant that I had to have access to the internet to play, i.e. no playing on airplanes, car journeys, etc. Also if I recall, some of the game files were stored remotely rather than on my computer which might cause difficulties for installing some mods. Does Steam still use this method? Or do they now have the option to download the entire game and not play via the steam website?

Without fail the game crashes on day 3 or 4, right after I get my mission. This happens on all saves/games.

edit: I sent an e-mail to you.

edit edit: Scratch that, fixed the problem by reinstalling Rome.

Last edited:
I've had an odd experience with RoA2.

Playing as Rome none of the characters have wives. In fact there are no women in Rome to begin with at all!
So by now, maybe some ten years after game start, all of the married men have foreign wives. Which obviously means that there aren't that many children yet and a line or two have died out. Is this WAD?

I did a fresh install of Rome for this, Rome Gold, patch 2.32, then RoA. I didn't install patch 2.2 before 2.32, could this be the point of error?

Also: Is it intentionally impossible to choose a character to take a post (tech or governor) if you've f.ex. vetoed the Senate's candidate or the previous post holder has died?
And is it WAD that you don't get a tooltip warning that shifting a legate/naval legate costs you 1 tyranny? I discovered this by accident after having racked up a few points...

Thanks for an excellent mod!

Last edited:
Yeah, the game generates very few female characters at start so I have to 'steal' wives from other countries to force those countries to generate more women. It is self correcting once babies start being born though.

Hi again, I've been playing your fine mod for some time now. And come across a couple of minor bugs and one possibly bigger one...
(playing as Rome, single player)

The big one is that the personal event "marriage to foreigner" happens regularly by now - several times every month, but no marriages occurs. I've had a look at a couple of my neighbours (like Carthage) and can see that they only have 2-3 women each (!) - obviously all married. I've played vanilla and Epigoni without ever coming across this same problem?

I've attached a screenshot with the other minor stuff.

1. "An opportunity for embezzlement" has 2x "take it". The second option should be "Don't take it"?
2. An event concerning children afraid of the dark is called EVTAOPTA something...
3. (second screenshot) Women who want to be censors can be given the title...

View attachment 40287

View attachment 40290

I've come across some other minor error which I will post once they pop up again.

Last edited:
Is there no assaulting during sieges in this mod?

Correct, assaults were removed in 2.0 due to their bugginess and the AI's inability to use them intelligently.

Either that's a bug, or your king is very well travelled! I'll have a look at the conditions for ruler friendship.

The game seems to have a tendency to crash whenever I mouse over the 'censor' government positions. It's kind of random, I'll check to see if there's a crashlog and e-mail it.

Decided to restart my game with the new beta since I hadn't gotten very far, and well:

INDEPENDENCE.jpg

Pretty minor obviously, but still.