• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shame about the computer. :( But also happy to hear that you got everything out. Seems to be some kind of an epidemic, I just got back online after I had to change a faulty power supply (my computer was shutting down when it wanted for the last couple of weeks and then stopped working altogether), and an acquaintance of mine also suffered from mystical frequent crashes just a couple of days ago (I went in to check and those turned out to be an electrical problem).

Oh, and as far as the game goes, diploannexing Haasa sure was one way to deal with Mecca being remote. ;) And the TSC was too small! :D

By the way, has anyone counted the rebels in a typical steamroll WC? That information would give interesting perspective here.

One of the joys of growing up is having the money to fix things when life goes wrong ;)

I'm typing this on the new PC I bought this afternoon on the way home from work. Nice bit of kit on offer as it's end of line.

Intel Core 2
GeForce 320
4GB RAM​

Just got to figure out how Windows 7 works - like what the hell has happened to the taskbar! I've never used anything after XP. Hopefully I get everything back on track over the weekend.

Great news!

dr-ps.jpg

Excellent! Finally some decent kit to play Vicky 2!

FEEDBACK

Well I have a new PC, I've worked out how to find things in Windows 7 (which I may even grow to like) and I did recover the latest AAR saves. The new box is a Packard Bell iXtreme X6622 so it's got a bit more under the bonnet than my trusty if somewhat aged HP xw4300. Good times.

Thanks to all for the comments and understanding the importance of the kitten pictures. One of my colleagues calls me Crazy Cat Man - which may be a custom title at some point in the future :cool:

aldriq - This is a family forum ;)

tuore - It's always a shame Castile doesn't try for a more historical path of European Domination.

Vesimir - I did toy with the idea of a British India game but it seemed unrealistic.

Johan11 - !597 to 1600 was absolutely dead even with a couple of save/reloads to try wake up the AI. When I got to 1600 I decided to stop so I could do a 'Round the Horde' post.

GaiusC - 1600 Update will be stats.

I've struggled to get Military Tradition over 40 - lots of battles but against Rebels where tradtion gain is low and with all those battles I lose Generals.

Poland is getting pretty strong expanding into Germany and Bohemia so the White Peace was welcome - those Polish units have already been badly knocked about once,

Yemen is allied to the Ottomans :eek:

sprites - 1000 rebellions soon :D

FrozenWall - What's wrong with a negative BB limit?

Macknull - Quite right!

Chief Ragusa -

Croatia isn't any real use to me.
Hungary looks like a dead man walking
Austria is up to two provinces
Poland on the other hand is strong...
I'm trying to add another 16000 stack as a strategic reserve so I don't need o pull troops away from Persia whenever the Western front erupts.
Yemen is allied to the Ottomans not the usual swarm of muslim minors.​

Macknull - I'll need a translation there ;)

Starfury - Looking forward to a new AAR - any hints?

Noirin - Not sure about a WC - I guess I need to see how I can cope with European enemies.

GaiusC - There's plenty of time for a WC but more than 10 million rebels looks very likely!

Zimbardeux - The white peace was a lucky break - I was thinking I'd lose those units.

blsteen - It's IN so Regencies only last around 5 years.

Dewirix - A Horde navy, now that is likely to cause revolts! It's going to be very difficult to achieve a WC because of that.

I think a WC would still be feasible at this point, especially since being pretty aristocratic the Horde shouldn't run into any major diplomat shortages. But I've no doubt that it would be one hell of a chore.
THIS!

GaiusC - The rebels will be hellish if I try a WC there's no doubt!

Davout - Thought I'd try a little topical humour ;)

anweRU - I'm not sure when/if about the invasion of France - it'll need a name - OverHorde?

Enewald - You keep crazy hours! My Grandad was a 5am to 9pm man - personally I'm not :rofl:

Boris ze Spider - Cheers LOL

aldriq - Chief Ragusa's point about Money vs. Revolt Risk is interesting - I'd settled on 0 Centralisation i.e. 2 points over the Horde's limit. I do notice the cash hit when I decentralise.

Great news!

dr-ps.jpg

Excellent! Finally some decent kit to play Vicky 2!

You may think that; I couldn't possibly comment ;)

1600 update to follow...

Chapter Forty Three

As it’s now 1600 its time for some screenshots of the Horde and the odd map.

Research and the Economy

24yxu2b.jpg

I’ve been pushing Production for the last few years as the low teen levels are easy to get and worth +2% production efficiency. Upping prod efficiency is the fastest way of expanding my economy.

The Military

wkl2z7.jpg

I’m still ignoring the navy and given how quiet everything is I’m running at lower maintenance to generate the funds to build some more Level 2 forts two to three provinces deep on the Western border – I want to slow European attackers down so they get caught by winter.

Ideas and Sliders

2sacc9h.jpg

I suspect future ideas will include Colonial Ventures, Divine Supremacy and Bureaucracy. There’s only one use for QftNW and this game may not head in that direction.

Comparative Income

e0mkg1.jpg

Comparative Inflation

4j8g7a.jpg

Nothing says Player control than the Horde up near the top of the Inflation rankings.

Tech Leaders

2w4wbhg.jpg

Armies

j8ic09.jpg

Pies

s3n3vl.jpg

Note I’ve still got a single Shamanist province. I don’t generate enough missionaries to do much in the way of cultural engineering so I’m just going to convert it and be done with that plan.

Income Graph

2a8s3l2.jpg

That’s an interesting way of following the history of the Horde. As my income is heavily tax based there’s a significant relationship with revolt risk.

The World in 1600

skyys0.jpg

----------​

So France tops the tech and military rankings and is expanding into Spain, the Low Countries and Italy.

I'll get the popcorn, because seeing how you take them down is going to be fun.

You're one dedicated writAAR. In your place, I would still be deep into re-installing and updating programs and files on my new PC, and wouldn't have found time to write the tiniest update.

You still have a lot of tech catch-up to do. On the other hand, it also means new techs will come pretty fast and you still have a big bonus :)

A shame that these blasted Ottomans beat you in army size - particularly considering how big your empire is. Then, they're expanding seriously in the Balkans. The good thing being that France, sooner or later, will expand in Italy and Balkans as well, and will have to fight them.

funds to build some more Level 2 forts two to three provinces deep on the Western border
Funny, I gave that advice a few days ago to someone asking how to resist Russia as some India+Central Asia based power - use your strategic depth and attrition to get them, which means max fort level up to 3 provinces depth :)
You'll need it against Poland and eventually France.
That showdown will be one for the ages, from the looks of it. That's a big France.
I never fought a bigger France than this one and probably never saw one bigger in my own games - barely beat up one just as big, once, but it was 1750+, we had same techs, and as Ottomans, I had all Asia except Deccan and China, and had already eaten up all Balkans and half Poland.

Bottom line: good luck, you'll need it (even more depending on when you'll fight it first)!

Good to see you're off and running.

Still think you're about 32,000 reserve cavalry short. If you go after Yemen, you'll need those troops to deal with the Ottomans. You'll need to do something about Yemen, becayuse they will join the Ottomans given the chance.

In which case, release Croatia before the Ottomans work out it's a way to fight the Horde without Stab hit.

You can't count Austria out, unless you annex.

You're doing well to be second behind France for income. I'm not surprised you're going production. You're lucky to have a border with the tech leaders Sweden. You stated that with the right religion and culture with your usual incompetent Khan that you have a revolt risk of 0% with a centralization 3 over limit. I think the tax income is worth the extra risk for your other provinces.

The Ottomans are your strongest sunni rivals.Now they've dealt withtheir central european rivals, they'll turn their attention to you. You'll have a fun fifty years.

I'm personally rooting for you to kick the Ottomans out of Anatolia and making them move their capital to somewhere in Italy. And you are an excellent player pulling off such a large nation and coming up better at trade than France.

Another shocker is Swahili in the nations of top income, especially with the horrific TE. I've never seen them eat Mutapa before, but I haven't really checked in IN.

Nooooo! Chagatai is doing bad!