• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(476370)

Sergeant
1 Badges
Apr 15, 2012
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
I have mentioned this before but now I was able to reproduce it. In the "Baltic Breakout" mission, I wanted to have a maximum amount of naval strike aircraft closer North. So I select the 4 F-35 naval strike aicraft in Stockholm and assign the flight straight to Rommely (spelling?) from the air launch window. At first all seems OK, planes take off, waypoint is set on Rommery AFB. After a while I notice the aircraft haven't landed, I zoom in and see the 4 planes magically hovering over Rommely. This can be seen in the 3D view, 4 F-35s sitting around at low altitude like some pigeons on a statue (they are not listed in the Rommely air assets by the way). I order them back to Stockholm where the fly back and actually land having failed to do what I wanted.

On the up side, the mission stutters at lot less after all the latest patches so I was able to win in. I did get the "time compression goes haywire (up and down by itself randomly)" bug again which made things tricky in the end.

Upvote 0
I also tried reassigning them after in the air (what I usually do) but then I hit the "if RTB then bingo fuel, if bingo fuel then not enough fuel to get to the airfield just right there, have to fly all the way to Stockholm" bug.

Talk about messing up my plan. Now the planes flew there, need to fly back and refuel before hitting the Russian naval group. Argh.

I heard one of the performance improvements was using a single sensor on missile groups. I noticed my Harpoons (I fired all of them at once from my main battle group as soon as they where in range) each had their sensor on which is found weird.

I actually succeded to make a naval strike team from Stockolm change home base to the north. Maybe because they first flied from Stockolm to patrol an area, then striked at an incoming convoy and then I assigned a new base and give them the order to return to base.
Hope this helps! :happy: