• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do we get Common weapons to work with FTM?

Can someone explain how my German fleet of 2 BB and 4 DD, the BBs being Bismarck and Tirpitz lost against a British fleet of 4 CAs and 4 DDs, I lost Tirpitz and got all other ships but one DD damaged to aprox. 10% strenght. The British lost 3 DD squadrons. How is this possible? Is there something new with FTM because when I played before fleets never became this utterly destroyed in one engagement, and this has happened before with my BC squadrons.

Drilling for oil

In FTM, does building IC in a province that has a natural resource increase the amount of resource produced? Example: As Germany, I now own Ploesti. If I build IC there, doe the oil production go up?

Can someone explain how my German fleet of 2 BB and 4 DD, the BBs being Bismarck and Tirpitz lost against a British fleet of 4 CAs and 4 DDs, I lost Tirpitz and got all other ships but one DD damaged to aprox. 10% strenght. The British lost 3 DD squadrons. How is this possible? Is there something new with FTM because when I played before fleets never became this utterly destroyed in one engagement, and this has happened before with my BC squadrons.

well, I cannot explain. usually they shouldn't lose this fight. maybe there was some allied air support ?

In FTM, does building IC in a province that has a natural resource increase the amount of resource produced? Example: As Germany, I now own Ploesti. If I build IC there, doe the oil production go up?
no.

Actually not. It occurred in our latest MP game, about okt 1939. France is nowhere near surrender. Could it have something to do with the Vichy creation, that GER only can get Vichy after that event triggers?

Vichy only gets created after the event is triggered and confirmed. For this to happen victory progress for Germany against France needs to be 100% (regular surrender conditions), which means that the percentage of captured VP need to be higher then their current NU.

For increased oil production research the tech in Industry tab, top right section.

you can also take the resource-boosting armaments minister, or adjust the occupation policy (if the territory is being occupied, and not directly annexed to GER)

Vichy only gets created after the event is triggered and confirmed. For this to happen victory progress for Germany against France needs to be 100% (regular surrender conditions), which means that the percentage of captured VP need to be higher then their current NU.

I double-checked this. It should be the Fate of France, not fall of France. Does anybody recognize this event?

i believe its just so that german players can decide if they want france or just vichy it. germany ai always goes with vichy i believe. for me it first areound when denmark has fallen but before assault on low countries

I double-checked this. It should be the Fate of France, not fall of France. Does anybody recognize this event?

Fate of France fires if you end up at war with the Allies without firing Danzig or War to start the conflict. It usually occurs when the UK DOWs you due to threat or you manually attack the Allies without using Danzig or War. (i.e. you manually DOW an Allied Poland or UK, meaning you have no current wargoal against France proper)

It only exists so that Germany does not forget to add a war goal against France during the war. The AI can "forget" to add wargoals sometimes if the decision chain is broken and it did not initiate the conflict.

Unit Hierarchy (Major Powers)

if it does even exist it will be part of the LUA files. don't touch them if you are not really confident in what you are doing.

Ah, i see. I will be careful and make backups. :)

Something different:

For the first time since 1.4 i am about to start a game as GER. I am planning to use AI-control of armies/army groups which usually works well for me. Since units often get out of command range when placing 5 units per command level (filling the ranks up perfectly) i consider to place only fewer units per level. I know that this is less efficient in regards of officer ratio and manpower. Still my questions:

1) What is your preferred amount of units per level (divs per corps, corps per army etc.)?

2) According to your personal experience: To the end of always having all units in range of hogher echelons - does it make sense to skip the corps level entirely? Units tend to run away too far and they don't profit from commanders above.

3) Is one able to place enough divs in an army (up to 25) or is the '5' limit lasting there, too?

4) What net effect of bonuses could be expected if one level is skipped but the units remain in range instead?

Something different:

For the first time since 1.4 i am about to start a game as GER. I am planning to use AI-control of armies/army groups which usually works well for me. Since units often get out of command range when placing 5 units per command level (filling the ranks up perfectly) i consider to place only fewer units per level. I know that this is less efficient in regards of officer ratio and manpower. Still my questions:

1) What is your preferred amount of units per level (divs per corps, corps per army etc.)?

2) According to your personal experience: To the end of always having all units in range of hogher echelons - does it make sense to skip the corps level entirely? Units tend to run away too far and they don't profit from commanders above.

3) Is one able to place enough divs in an army (up to 25) or is the '5' limit lasting there, too?

4) What net effect of bonuses could be expected if one level is skipped but the units remain in range instead?

1) it doesn't matter.

2) always have a full chain of command

3) a theatre can have as many units as you want.

1) it doesn't matter.

2) always have a full chain of command

3) a theatre can have as many units as you want.

1) Well, basically it does. You are intending to say that you don't care?

Let's take a force of 150 divs within one theatre.

For full stacking (5/hq) you need:
30 corps-hqs
6 army-hqs
2 army-group-hqs

For moderate (3/hq) stacking you need:
50 corps-hqs
17 army-hqs
6 army-group-hqs

In effect doing the first means saving:

35,000 less men in MP
35 less units rotating and suffering weather effects
3,500 less officers in leadership
27.265 less supplies/day ('41 tech)
35 unit's worth of less strain on the supply network

2) Ok, thanks.

3) I know. But how about an army? Does it accept more than 5 divs that aren't placed under corps HQs?

Last edited:
1) Well, basically it does. You are intending to say that you don't care?

Let's take a force of 150 divs within one theatre.

For full stacking (5/hq) you need:
30 corps-hqs
6 army-hqs
2 army-group-hqs

For moderate (3/hq) stacking you need:
50 corps-hqs
17 army-hqs
6 army-group-hqs

In effect doing the first means saving:

35,000 less men in MP
35 less units rotating and suffering weather effects
3,500 less officers in leadership
27.265 less supplies/day ('41 tech)
35 unit's worth of less strain on the supply network

2) Ok, thanks.

3) I know. But how about an army? Does it accept more than 5 divs that aren't placed under corps HQs?

1) so apparently you already know the answer... and in ftm HQs are considerably weaker and even in semper fi 35 manpower doesn't matter for germany.

3) under theater level always only 5 units.

Is there a rule when do units get immediately destroyed and are not able to retreat even when there's a retreat route and enough supplies? (it happens to me when my spearhead was attacked from 5 or 6 sides simultaneously, it's just that 'm not sure if that was the case or was there something else).

Is there a rule when do units get immediately destroyed and are not able to retreat even when there's a retreat route and enough supplies? (it happens to me when my spearhead was attacked from 5 or 6 sides simultaneously, it's just that 'm not sure if that was the case or was there something else).

if they have a way to retreat they will always do so and only be entirely destroyed when they have no way left.