• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's some stuff I don't know:

1) In my game as Germany after France fell Vichy France was created. They're moving fast away from the Axis due to cores being controlled, or something. What's that mean? For a few weeks I had units in it, but now they're all evacuated. I am using diplomatic influence on them, but it's insufficient to counter the huge anti-Axis boost due to cores being controlled. Is there any way to bring Vichy France into the Axis?

2) After France fell my portion of the French territory still has the lines through it. France is a government in exile. I guess I received occupation instead of annexation. Why did that happen? Does it always happen like that? Is there any way it could have annexed? Is there any way to rectify that to make my portion of the territory my beautiful gray color, as happened with Poland?

So it's +25% for 1engineer/1infantry and +10% for 1engineer/3infantry?

Not sure on your math there.

Div Bonus = Eng Bonus/Total Brigades in Div.

Eng Bonus varies depending on tech.
The more brigades you have the more you dilute the bonus for the division.

Here's some stuff I don't know:

1) In my game as Germany after France fell Vichy France was created. They're moving fast away from the Axis due to cores being controlled, or something. What's that mean? For a few weeks I had units in it, but now they're all evacuated. I am using diplomatic influence on them, but it's insufficient to counter the huge anti-Axis boost due to cores being controlled. Is there any way to bring Vichy France into the Axis?

2) After France fell my portion of the French territory still has the lines through it. France is a government in exile. I guess I received occupation instead of annexation. Why did that happen? Does it always happen like that? Is there any way it could have annexed? Is there any way to rectify that to make my portion of the territory my beautiful gray color, as happened with Poland?

1. I had the same experience. Vichy kept drifting to allies the rest fo the game. Although they never actually joined the allies.

2. When a country surrenders, the computer randomly chooses to quit or go gov't in exhile. (Just from experience I think it's about 80-90% choosing to go gov't in exhile). It sounds like Poland quit, thus all grey. France chose gov't in exhile thus blue lines.

All that being said, I think Vichy France is hard coded to always go gov't in exhile.

I have a very peculiar question. I'm an aspiring writer, and I'm trying to improve my skills for battle description. Would describing a in-game battle or campaign count as an AAR or fanfiction ?

IE, say, I take an encounter between two in game fleet, and I turn it into a Horatio Hornblower ripe off.

Just a question:
How do I lower Neutrality?

The relation between Vichy, the Axis and the Allies were quite complex.

This said, the reason why the Axis annexated South France was because of Operation Torch : despite Vichy frantic orders to resist to the bitter end (note here that ''the bitter end'' would have come rather fast, considering the lack of supplies of French force in NA), it was obvous that NA was going to be Allied soon.

In this case, why bother with pretending to keep an independant France, whose sole purpose was to prevent NA to join the ally ?

They expressed support when the Allies were shelling North Africa....

Does anyone know specifically what the ministers with "susceptibility to axis" actually do?
Does that mean they tend to influence others to the axis or that the minister's country is influenced toward the axis?

Does anyone know specifically what the ministers with "susceptibility to axis" actually do?
Does that mean they tend to influence others to the axis or that the minister's country is influenced toward the axis?

This is just my guess, so take it with a grain of salt...

"Susceptibility to axis" enhances your diplomatic efforts when you are influencing other nations via diplomacy. Otherwise it's meaningless.

I have a very peculiar question. I'm an aspiring writer, and I'm trying to improve my skills for battle description. Would describing a in-game battle or campaign count as an AAR or fanfiction ?

IE, say, I take an encounter between two in game fleet, and I turn it into a Horatio Hornblower ripe off.

I would say AAR if it is based on actual game play.

The relation between Vichy, the Axis and the Allies were quite complex.

This said, the reason why the Axis annexated South France was because of Operation Torch : despite Vichy frantic orders to resist to the bitter end (note here that ''the bitter end'' would have come rather fast, considering the lack of supplies of French force in NA), it was obvous that NA was going to be Allied soon.

In this case, why bother with pretending to keep an independant France, whose sole purpose was to prevent NA to join the ally ?

They expressed support when the Allies were shelling North Africa....

The actual political set-up with Vichy France was that officially Vichy was the government of ALL of France, not just the area shown as "Vichy" in game. Technically what the Germans had was the right of military access to Northern France and along the Bay of Biscay. Vichy kept it's military outside of the German zone to prevent possible "incidents".

Newbie q: I am UK 1936. I want to put HMS Argus into a new task group with a few destroyers. I can't figure out how to do this! help.

Select Argus and the destroyers. If they are in port with or zone with other units unselect all other units until you have just the ones you want to merge. There should be a button on the top bar of the little unit display with two arrows pointed at each other. This is the "merge" button.

UK colonials 1936

how important is it to leave colonials in Africa? UK 1936. the colonial infantry in Uganda and Kenya seem like they could be more useful elsewhere. what are the downsides to moving some or all of them?

You can do whatever you like with the colonial forces. Redeploy them if you want, but eventually you will need forces in East Africa to fight Ethopia and Italy there. The Colonial forces currently present are woefully inadequate to do this. Something like 5-10 proper infantry, mountainers or cavalry divisions will usually be enough, too many more and you'll not have the ports to supply them.

I would say AAR if it is based on actual game play.

Well, it would be based on like 4 cruisers meeting some IJN fleet around Wake and the battle outcome. So, well, the ingame part would be ''4 cruisers meet IJN fleet near wake'' and somehow manage to sink a carrier'' on a ten like pages Turtledove style prose.

I bought the game on the steam sale and I've been playing with Peru getting the hangs of everything, conquered the caribbean and now I want to attack New Zealand as attacking other southamerican contries would guarantee my death by USA.

But New Zealand is far away at sea, and I can't reach it with my transports of 3k range. My question is, can I dock in other countries docks and use them to move further away? And if I cant, is there any way to increase the transport ship's range?

Cheers!

Last edited: