• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If memory serves, you need to be a Kingdom/Monarchy to join the HRE.

Okay, thanks! Will I get an event or something once I've linked my capital to an imperial province and he has decided to invite me?

When you enact the decision to add a province to the empire an event will happen telling you if the emperor approved or not. If he approves the province becomes part of the empire, if not it doesn't (but you can keep trying). As soon as your capital becomes an imperial province you become a member state. Note that several factors will affect the likelyhood of the emperor allowing your province to join the empire including the size of your nation.

After a lot of hassle, I think I finally have managed get my working EU3 again (my title screen is not lagging and has music, if that's not a good sign...)... but the map cache just got regenerated and my checksum (5.1) is something weird, DRVF. That seems unusual to me ...or can this happen at times?
Edit: nevermind, just restarting the game got me BJLT - and it works, it's beautiful :)

After a lot of hassle, I think I finally have managed get my working EU3 again (my title screen is not lagging and has music, if that's not a good sign...)... but the map cache just got regenerated and my checksum (5.1) is something weird, DRVF. That seems unusual to me ...or can this happen at times?
Edit: nevermind, just restarting the game got me BJLT - and it works, it's beautiful :)
yeah you need a secound restart to get the correct checksum when clearing the cache

I'm playing as Spain+colonies+Italy+vassal horde in the HRE and have become an empire and wish to stay a monarchy (about 1450 now). Is it a good idea to stay an empire or is it better to change to another government later to Administrative/Absolute/Constitutional monarchy?

I'm playing as Spain+colonies+Italy+vassal horde in the HRE and have become an empire and wish to stay a monarchy (about 1450 now). Is it a good idea to stay an empire or is it better to change to another government later to Administrative/Absolute/Constitutional monarchy?
Do you want to continue painting the map yellow until 1820? If so, stay an Empire until you can take Absolute Monarchy. If not, go Constitutional. (If you're already happy with your territorial extent, go Administrative when you can, then Constitutional.)

Thanks!

I've got another question (still in the same game): I'm going to conquer some parts of Asia. Is it a good idea to conquer CoT's (I've read that while it's uncored I get a trade penalty) or is it a better idea to conquer other land and create your own CoT there after 50y? (Only get 7% of my income from trade now, so it won't hurt now, but might when I open Asian CoT's)

Do you need to have the 5.1 patch to download the 5.2 patch?

Compared to the future monarch governments, Empire is only good for the free long range Holy War CB.
Even then, once you've reached to a decent tech level (gov 18 for Admin Monarch), you can pick up the Divine Supremacy NI to have the same effect. That, combined with CAD, can even trigger those free temple events on all provinces without a temple.

Do note that, in order to switch from Admin Monarch to Absolute Monarch, you have to suffer a total 5 Stability to go to Despotic Monarch, then Absolute Monarch, another 6 to switch from Absolute to Constitutional, and 2 more to go to Enlightened Despotism. http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/eu3wiki_images/b/b3/GovernementsHTTT41b.png

Though I don't see a real benefit for the 2nd switch for expansionist, as you'd lose the Imperialism CB.
You'll need that to expand at a decent speed after Holy War CB is gone at 1650, until R/CR NI at gov 53 at around 1780.

Thanks!

I've got another question (still in the same game): I'm going to conquer some parts of Asia. Is it a good idea to conquer CoT's (I've read that while it's uncored I get a trade penalty) or is it a better idea to conquer other land and create your own CoT there after 50y? (Only get 7% of my income from trade now, so it won't hurt now, but might when I open Asian CoT's)

If you're NOT a free trader, it won't matter, as the penalty only applies to foreign COT. If you've got (or will get) a sizable territory in Asia, might as well grab the CoT early and let it eventually core itself.

Do you need to have the 5.1 patch to download the 5.2 patch?

I believe so. Or something will go terribly wrong.

I keep seeing this window in screenshots, but I've never seen it in my own games. Where can I find this? Seems very useful.

war score.jpg

I keep seeing this window in screenshots, but I've never seen it in my own games. Where can I find this? Seems very useful.

View attachment 80989

Whenever at war, on the right hand side near the bottom of your screen (close to the HRE button), the flag of the country (alliance leader) you are fighting against will appear for the duration of the war. Click on it and the screen will appear.

Hello, can anyone give me some tips on how to maximize my tax income?
Can someone perhaps give me any/all the tax modifiers and decisions for taxes??
Are Custom Houses worth it? or is it better to build Custom houses and CC's?

Ok, first off: tax income lessens in importance as the game goes on. As you get the chance to optimise your taxes, production becomes a much better source of general income.

Back to the point. Production buildings everywhere, and there's a government building that also gives +tax. You should build Mints and things in places with large tax, such as CoTs. As for decisions, formalizing scales, weights and measures is a very good boost that is available early on, you can take the Bureaucracy NI for a further +10%, focus on centralising, maintain high stability, etc.

In 5.1, as trade efficiency is uncapped, if you want to maximise income, you want to build Custom Houses everywhere. You can easily get upwards of 500% trade efficiency, and this will make you more money in trade a month than taxes will in a year.

Conscription Centres are very good, but largely unnecessary if you're not forced to be competitive (ie, multiplayer).

Here is the wiki page for tax, which has a list of all the relevant modifiers you can have.

Hello, can anyone give me some tips on how to maximize my tax income?
Can someone perhaps give me any/all the tax modifiers and decisions for taxes??
Are Custom Houses worth it? or is it better to build Custom houses and CC's?
A lot of people will tell you to build custom houses. But CCs are better, it depends if you want to optimise your nation or not.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I generally play multiplayer(actually I ONLY play multiplayer), so it is important for me to find the best options.
Since tax falls off late game, i will not bother building the production level 6 buildings.

I knew of Custom Houses, but with how broken it is, was desperately hoping to make income in any possible way other that trade efficiency. Thanks for the feed back once again