• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way of telling whether an HRE reform vote passes or not? I tried instituting one, but since there was no popup and I couldn't find any modifier flags anywhere, I just had to assume it didn't pass. Can I make a popup of it in options, maybe?

Edit: Also, is there an easy way to check which states rejected a reform, so I know which ones to sweeten? I know I can see it in the log, but I'd prefer something more easily read and comprehensive.

Last edited:
It's mostly just relations, but religion is the most important thing. not 100% sure but I really doubt Protestants will vote yes on reforms trying to be passed by Catholic Emperors. Vassalising will make them almost always vote yes, even if they have the wrong religion, though.

It's mostly just relations, but religion is the most important thing. not 100% sure but I really doubt Protestants will vote yes on reforms trying to be passed by Catholic Emperors. Vassalising will make them almost always vote yes, even if they have the wrong religion, though.
OK, but I wasn't asking about which states would vote in favor of the reform, though; only how I can tell whether a reform passes or not, and if not, which states rejected the reform.

Oh, sorry. The log on the bottom left gives you information about that, I think it just dumps every nations choice in one big chunk so you might lose it if you play at speed 5. It won't say who voted yes or no in those words, but rather shows the decision the AI country took. 'The need for reform is dire' or 'We must protect the feudal rights'

Speaking of reforms, how on earth do you pass those things anyway? I cannot find a button or menu anywhere.

Edit: I'm playing with IN and NA. Managed to become the emperor as spain, don't know if that's causing the issue.

Last edited:
I'm aware of that, but is there an easier way? It's kind of hard and time consuming to scroll through the log and add up the yay and nay voters to see where the majority falls.

If it passes you will get an event "the diet in x" that says so, usually within 2 months of the vote. Some mods have changed things so that event fires either way and the text changes for pass/fail. Other than vote counting, the only way to tell is to wait for that event (or the voting flag that prohibits reform proposal to be cleared, which happens when the proposal failed).

Speaking of reforms, how on earth do you pass those things anyway? I cannot find a button or menu anywhere.

Edit: I'm playing with IN and NA. Managed to become the emperor as spain, don't know if that's causing the issue.

You click the HRE icon which is above the map in the bottom right of the screen. Then you get a popup menu with reforms listed in the top right and you pass them there.

So I definitely don't have one. Does it matter if I'm not a HRE member myself, or do I just have a bug?

I don't know whether you can see the screen if you haven't discovered the HRE yet, like if you start in Asia or whatnot. But you should definitely be able to see it in Europe, even as a non-member.

I don't know whether you can see the screen if you haven't discovered the HRE yet, like if you start in Asia or whatnot. But you should definitely be able to see it in Europe, even as a non-member.

I can pull up the HRE screen, it just doesn't have reforms listed anywhere on it. It looks just like it did before. I only have a list of members, the electors and who they will vote for, and the current emperor.

Get the other expansions or Chronicles for this.

Ok, is there anywhere to get how the game works with just the two expansions and not all four? I got a game with a broken tutorial (apparently a known bug) and the only stuff I can find online mostly assumes that you have all four expansions. I'm happy with the current setup, I just want to know how it works!

Ok, is there anywhere to get how the game works with just the two expansions and not all four? I got a game with a broken tutorial (apparently a known bug) and the only stuff I can find online mostly assumes that you have all four expansions. I'm happy with the current setup, I just want to know how it works!

A lot of the pages on the wiki (http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Main_Page) note the specifics of earlier expansions as well as the fully expanded game.

Will the AI always refuse a peace proposal if the warscore is above 100%? I've fought a war against 2 OPM and their war exhaustion is maximal, but they don't accept. I've been trying to make a 102% peace for 2 years, and it's really annoying that they don't say yes. : (

Will the AI always refuse a peace proposal if the warscore is above 100%? I've fought a war against 2 OPM and their war exhaustion is maximal, but they don't accept. I've been trying to make a 102% peace for 2 years, and it's really annoying that they don't say yes. : (

the AI will never accept demands for over 102%. If you absolutely must get that 102% deal then keep the enemy occupied for over 5 years and the value of each province will start to slowly reduce by up to half. To prevent white peace, either fight a battle in the war every once in a while or maintain a blockade against at least one member of the war.

Occupation alone won't prevent white peace?

No. Naval battles, land battles, blockades and new occupations will reset the White Peace timer.

You could let one province be liberated then re-take it to reset the peace timer but you have less control over this and it will reset the peace cost of that province as well.

Edit: Maintaining a blockade will keep the White Peace timer at 0. there is no need to lift and re-establish a blockade. It's a bit silly really.