• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ran into a confusing scenario today.

I had a fleet containing 11 cogs. I moved an 11-regiment army onto the fleet. They arrived, but then immediately started marching back to the province they came from. I tried loading a single regiment from another province. No problem. I then tried splitting the 11-regiment army up. Had no problems loading a 3-regiment army from the original onto the fleet. I then tried moving the remaining regiments and they went on the fleet and then immediately started marching back to the province!

Any idea what could be causing this?

Are they rebel hunting?

Under what circumstances will a vassal be guaranteed to rebel against its master?

Essentially, they have to feel they can win. If a vassal has more provinces, a larger army, or both, it'll almost certainly rebel if possible.

If you leave the Empire I believe you lose any non-core HRE provinces and all your core provinces leave the HRE.
If he leaves. But he is not in the HRE.
I'd set my troops in place, change Government or something, and then right away declare war on the new emperor, in hopes of disbanding the empire before those events hit.

Hi guys i have a big problem. How can i fix the colonist time bug? If i want to colonize something it's always say 121324 days... I deleted the files in the cache folder but it didn't work...

really? I have vassal with 2 times my army size and 3 times my size, but everything seems to be ok, will they always rebel?

Note I said almost certainly. :) The fact that you, as a player, likely have better judgment than the AI, is a big feather in your cap. Keep relations high, so they'll take a nasty stab hit if they do declare war on you, and you should be fine.

Hi guys i have a big problem. How can i fix the colonist time bug? If i want to colonize something it's always say 121324 days... I deleted the files in the cache folder but it didn't work...
Help with bugs and technical support is only available to those who register their games here. It's quick and easy.

Is it worth taking the importation act as a free trader? Assuming you have a slider change ready to max free trade out again?

The foreign compete chance modifier hurts, but it's somewhat nullified by the extra trade efficiency, and the 6% trade income modifier seems pretty amazing if you can keep the same number of merchants in all the same CoTs.

Is it worth taking the importation act as a free trader? Assuming you have a slider change ready to max free trade out again?

The foreign compete chance modifier hurts, but it's somewhat nullified by the extra trade efficiency, and the 6% trade income modifier seems pretty amazing if you can keep the same number of merchants in all the same CoTs.

If the majority of your income stems from trade, you should pass the act. Otherwise, it is better not to do so because the increased trade effiency will then not pay for the 6% tech cost increase that comes with the act.

Enact settlement policy, promote cultural unity; what do these events really do? Do they have something to do with culture groups or something?

Does it mean that you can shift a province from polish culture to saxon for example? What's the real relevance of the
culture groups, is it just that you get more % of your taxes if your provinces are same culture group, and less revolting?

What determines how many soldiers are recruitable in a province, and their available unit types?

Any tips for Brandenburg would be welcome, I gotta try to do well in this game, first form Prussia, and get a killer military, then try to form Germany.Usually I try to expand eastwards first through Poland and TO. But any tips for forming Germany then as Brandenburg/Prussia? Do I just have to diplo-annex basically those specific provinces for optimal Germany forming? HRE unlawful territory, as well as the dreaded brown Trollomania, Austria and Poland can be tough nuts to crack in early game. Or am I perhaps expanding too rapidly/haphazardly if they become problematic? How does it benefit you to personal union HRE countries as opposed to just vassalize and diplo-annex? Coz the spies cost money too.

Enact settlement policy gives a modifier to the province that increases growth rate, revolt risk, and allows an event with a mean time to happen of 50 years to occur which flips the province to your culture. Promote cultural unity removes cores of countries that no longer exist from the province. Provinces that are your state culture or accepted culture (a culture becomes accepted when it provides 20% or more of your census taxes, and stops being accepted if it provides less than 5%) provide more tax, manpower, and have lower revolt risks.

What does the prices of tradegoods affect? Do they someway increase trade worth or something else leading to increased income by products?

The prices themselves are affected by supply and demand, the existence of certain buildings in all the provinces around the world, being at war or not and so on. Look here:
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Goods#Price_Determination_.28DW.29

The produced amount of any good multiplied with its price is contributing to the value of the CoT the province trades through. If you have merchants there you will participate from high prices...

-There is no right click on a Mac,
That depends on what pointing device you have plugged into your Mac. (I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your actual question.)

-Why are so many historical tribes missing in vanilla?
Various reasons. Obvious ones include "They didn't have enough impact on the history of the period", "Their maximum territorial extent in the period was smaller than the province in which they lived", "They got overlooked by Paradox's researchers", or "The game mechanics mean that they would be just another 'sit around for a couple of centuries moving your sliders and hoping the first Europeans who move next to you can be reasoned with' case".

"Conquest" CB question: I have a mission to "Secure Southern Italy". I took two provinces in one war and now I can annex the last three provinces, including the capital Napoli, which is the only one remaining for the mission. The CB states 25% infamy for full annexation or just Napoli, but each province costs 3. It was the expected 1 infamy per province before this. Glitch?