• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry if this has been covered else where - but this is a biiiiiiig thread!!

When trying to form a PU, after clicking "claim throne" it never seems to make a PU (several attempts). Just tells me a few months down the line I have lost my chance. Do I need to do anything after clicking "claim throne" or is it a mixture of luck and patience?

chronicles 5.0 (hurry up steam!!!)

When trying to form a PU, after clicking "claim throne" it never seems to make a PU (several attempts). Just tells me a few months down the line I have lost my chance. Do I need to do anything after clicking "claim throne" or is it a mixture of luck and patience?
You need to either get lucky and have their ruler die before a new heir is generated, or declare war using the "Claim on Throne" casus belli to force the issue.

Yup, your lost of chance was a new heir popping up and the claimed kingdom. Be aware that you can actually inherit/PU without Claiming the throne though it's harder.

where can i find all the modifiers of the eu3 dw mod meiou? when i click on the icon that looks like an earth with 2 flags it doesnt show all but just the ones that are active for my nation.

where can i find all the modifiers of the eu3 dw mod meiou? when i click on the icon that looks like an earth with 2 flags it doesnt show all but just the ones that are active for my nation.

You'd need to ask that in the MEIOU subforum in the modding section. For that, you'll need to register your base game (EU3, EU3 Complete, or EU3 Chronicles)

I am currently playing poland and due to fortunate inheritence have inherited Teutonic Order and got cores in Ostpreussen. Having changed capital to there it still says that Prussian is not my dominant culture, do I need more Prussian Culture provinces than Polish (pretty much impossible) or do I have to wait for the rest to core?

Hello. I'm playing currently as Russia and I have no idea how to deal with slider thing. Should I go innovative and westernize or stay in serfdom and narrowminded? If it matters, I want to conquer Europe and Asia, maybe Africa and it's 1450.

How much cannons we should have? What for we can use cannons? Only sieges or cannons are usable in battles too?

Another question - Where we should use infrantry and where calvary? I know that in early game calvary is used to open battles and infrantry on sieges, but maybe that changes in late game?

Hello. I'm playing currently as Russia and I have no idea how to deal with slider thing. Should I go innovative and westernize or stay in serfdom and narrowminded? If it matters, I want to conquer Europe and Asia, maybe Africa and it's 1450.

Depends on how you want to play it. You don't exactly need manpower (You're Russia, after all) but even more MP to drown your enemies in waves of men can be fun. Then again, going free subjects and innovative will help with tech and keep you up to pace. Go land and quality if you plan on doing that. Centralization is the best slider in the game, but its not necessarily what you should move all the time, as it has both negative events and sometimes you need other sliders more. Generally, free subjects/innovative/land/quality is good for strong and modern armies. Taking the national idea Espirit de Corps is good to this in addition.

However, you might want to go with serfdom/aristocracy/land/quantity for cheap armies and large numbers. Lean on the narrowminded side but not much. You want missionaries to convert your sunni/catholic provinces, but you don't want to be falling that far behind in tech. Westernization is usually good to do before you're super large. Once you pass a certain point, it's probably better to stay at Oriental and be just a bit behind.

How much cannons we should have? What for we can use cannons? Only sieges or cannons are usable in battles too?

Another question - Where we should use infrantry and where calvary? I know that in early game calvary is used to open battles and infrantry on sieges, but maybe that changes in late game?

Cannons are actually really useful in battle, at least later on. Early cannons are only good for siege though. In fact, very very late game, you want as many cannons as you can get because they're so super amazing.

You want cavalry for flanking, but infantry is usually good to carry around at least in token amounts. It's cheaper. That sums it up pretty nicely. Ideally, you want either four cav or two cav for flanking. Going with the two cav option means having at least two more infantry than your enemy. 2 of your cavalry will be receiving no damage from the infantry, as infantry can only attack one square diagonally, not two.

Question : Does the vassalise X country mission repeat?

If I get the mission to, say, vassalise Anhalt, & complete it, then cancel the annexation of Anhalt (costs 20 Prestige - not a problem), is there a chance that later I might get the vassalise Anhalt mission again?

If so, this would obviously be a good way of working off Infamy (-2 Infamy for completing a vassalisation mission). Plus, it would prevent my current nearing end game problem - dozens of tiny vassals, & no way of diplo-annexing them.

Question: Is "Local Defensiveness" in provinces purely applicable to besieging the fort, or does it also help the Defending army if attacked in the province?

I presume it doesn't, but not sure on it.

Defensiveness only applies to fort defence.

Starting as Scotland in 1399, I tried invading Orkney with my fleet. All of Orkney's allies jumped on me; obviously I can see the problem declaring war on a country that has so many strong allies, but is it possible to claim Orkney in the early game, or is this something that takes time? If so, how? Do I need to pick on places with no allies in order to expand?

As an aside, Scotland probably isn't the best nation for a newcomer. You might want to go for England to learn the ropes, then play a game as Scotland later on.

But Norway (The owner of Orkney) is in a personal union with Denmark, who is also allied to Sweden. Denmark usually ends up with one more ally as well. This makes it an odd case. Normally you won't run into such problems with small nations. However, make sure to be on the lookout for "Allied to -------" and "Guaranteed by -------" in the declare war window.

Would anyone be able to tell me how you deal with all the unlawful HRE territory you seem to automatically inherit when you become Emperor?

I don't really want any of these new lands, but I see I can't release them as vassals. Can't I get rid of them in some way?

Would anyone be able to tell me how you deal with all the unlawful HRE territory you seem to automatically inherit when you become Emperor?
Install the 5.1-official patch.

I don't really want any of these new lands, but I see I can't release them as vassals. Can't I get rid of them in some way?
In the meantime, if their proper owners exist, you could sell them back to said proper owners for zero ducats (or possibly more than zero, but zero has the best chance of success :) )