• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes this is most likely the problem. I did not know that when i started the game. Can i change this value in the savefile now or do I have to start a new save game. I am playing as Norway and our military history consists of getting royally screwed by our neighbours untill 1814 so "reliving" that does not seem tempting...

You can change it in the savegame as explained by MuthaF, but you won't get any Achievements then.

Convert an animist/shamanist province --> province automatically turns into primary culture.

Heh, that never occured to me, despite having taken over defenseless tribes plenty of times. Thanks.

Question about lucky nations: I thought I turned off lucky nations at start but Europe is blobbing in a pretty surprising way so I'm thinking I may have forgot. How can I find this setting in the save file and what values correspond to historical/random/off?

indeed, silly me to forget about it :)
you can check it in your savefile under:

Code:
	setgameplayoptions=
	{
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 	}
}

for lucky nation to stay off you should change last number im pretty sure:
0 for historical, 1 for random, and 2 for none.

PS:according to eu3 wiki you should add it after numbers above, i dont like it much though... :)

PS2: jkust ran quick test; seems i was correct: just check/change LAST digit, dont add anything

Last edited:
You can change it in the savegame as explained by MuthaF, but you won't get any Achievements then.

Editting savegames doesn't nessecarily affect Achievements.

well, no one is saying that MD5 checksum or any other is infallible, but the chances are really miniscule for random edit AFAIK :)

nm

Does Impossible mean 0% chance of success, or 0-5 or something like this?
Basically what I'm wondering is, if you ask someone something in diplomacy, and it says impossible, are you just throwing away diplomats or is there some tiiny chance, that might be worth it over a few hundred years if you keep pushing relations to 200 and trying again?

Does Impossible mean 0% chance of success, or 0-5 or something like this?
Basically what I'm wondering is, if you ask someone something in diplomacy, and it says impossible, are you just throwing away diplomats or is there some tiiny chance, that might be worth it over a few hundred years if you keep pushing relations to 200 and trying again?

There is a very slim chance it'll happen on impossible. Here is a thread discussing the various probabilities. There's also a guy that recorded every answer to a diplomat he got over the course of the game, and got numbers close to those. I haven't been able to find the thread yet.

Edit: Ah, here it is:

I just completed a game in which I kept track of virtually every result of anything I attempted that was labelled as "likely", "maybe", and so on (I probably missed recording a few, but I'm pretty sure not many). I figured that there might be other people who would be interested in the odds, so I am posting them now.

Code:
[B]Impossible:[/B]      N/A% (didn't try any; presumably zero chance)
[B]Very Unlikely:[/B]  2.08% (1 for 48)
[B]Unlikely:[/B]      22.41% (13 for 58)
[B]Maybe:[/B]         44.57% (119 for 267)
[B]Likely:[/B]        66.67% (86 for 129)
[B]Very Likely:[/B]   97.90% (326 for 333)
Disclaimer: It's possible that there could be hidden in-game factors that determine what "likely" and so forth mean, so perhaps these numbers are only valid if you play the game similarly to the way that I do. But they remained pretty consistent throughout the game:

"Unlikely" was about 25% for most of the time, till a bad streak around 1790 or so brought it down to about 20%, after which it started recovering.

"Maybe" seemed like about 35% for the first hundred years or so, but soon thereafter got up to about 45% and stayed there.

"Very Unlikely", of course, was zero for a long time, then I got one :) and it shot up, then slowly decreased.

"Likely" and "Very Likely" were very consistent.

I regret not trying a single "Impossible".

I've got a question about mods, hope that's okay here. How do I actually run a mod using the launcher?

So, yup, I'm a noob when it comes to modding et cetera. I've been looking into a few mods I thought it might be interesting to try out, and when I downloaded and unzipped the first one I actually wanted to apply, I pasted it all into the mod folder and followed the instructions on the wiki on using the mod-switch utility, and created a .mod text file to cover all the new folders. However, nothing shows up in the launcher but "default". Have I missed out some obvious set of instructions on what to do? Or do I just have to back up my original files and replace them with the mod files when I want to play a particular mod? I'm using a Steam version of EU HTTT 4.1b, if that's relevant.

I've got a question about mods, hope that's okay here. How do I actually run a mod using the launcher?

I've found explaining how to do it gets complicated, and if you aren't good with computers, quite difficult at times.

Thus, I offer you this solution:

Download my mod here. It comes with a .mod file used in the mod-switcher. All you have to do is change the name of the .mod file to the name of your mod, right-click it, open it in notepad or notepad++, and paste this:

Code:
name = "No Time Limit"
extend = "common"
extend = "decisions"
extend = "events"
extend = "history"
extend = "localisation"
extend = "missions"

And change "No Time Limit" in the name line to the name of the folder that the mod you wish to play is in.

Now, I've got a couple other questions for you.

What mod is it? Most mods come with the .mod file already set up for you. If I know what mod it is, I might be able to tell you where their .mod file is. Secondly, are you sure you created a .mod (movie) file and not a .txt file that just has ".mod" in the name? And thirdly, I am not sure whether Steam would prohibit you from using mods, but if none of this works, PM me.

Thanks Orange, you're super-helpful.

No problem.

Last edited:
Hm, anyone knows for sure if it is possible or not to actually inherit an Vassal? :)

No. You have to be leading a PU with them in order to inherit them, and I think the game doesn't consider them a vassal any longer when you start a PU with them.

But if you do lead a PU with them and they are your vassal, yeah, you should be able to inherit them.

No. You have to be leading a PU with them in order to inherit them, and I think the game doesn't consider them a vassal any longer when you start a PU with them.

But if you do lead a PU with them and they are your vassal, yeah, you should be able to inherit them.

well, let me re-phrase the question then:
Is it actually possible to get PU with your vassal?

ps : im familiar with inheritence mechanics, just dont know this one thing... :)