• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vandevere

From the Great State of Denial
11 Badges
Jun 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
On a few play-throughs, it's happened that I've had more than one saint in my Dynasty. It's not because I've tried to stack bloodlines. It's more down to the fact that I generally tend to play Good rather than Evil. But, here's the question...

Is having more than one Saint in your bloodline better than one? Do they stack?

Yes, in general, the more bloodlines the better, and the saintly ones are really helpful among courtier and rulers of your faith. However, after with each saintly bloodline you pick up it becomes harder to forge a new saintly bloodline on the same dynasty, so I'm not sure you can forge more than 2-3 saintly bloodlines in a single game.

Yes, in general, the more bloodlines the better, and the saintly ones are really helpful among courtier and rulers of your faith. However, after with each saintly bloodline you pick up it becomes harder to forge a new saintly bloodline on the same dynasty, so I'm not sure you can forge more than 2-3 saintly bloodlines in a single game.

It's not like I'm going to try to stack this. I already have a Saint in my 769 Cerdicing/Wessex Game. If I get another Saint, it'll be nice. But I'm not going to go out of my way to make it happen again.

But, nice to know they stack anyway. Thank you...

I think in theory you can, but... the odds are lower once you have a saintly bloodline. I have seen 2 in the same dynasty on different branches before in a bloodline pokemon game. Both promptly got bred into the main line of course! That game saw 4 catholic saints before I got bored.

It's significantly easier if your dynasty has members without saintly bloodlines and you use some sort of elective succession to make non-bloodlined dynasty members your heir.

In my almost 300 years now with Iceling Family have a Empire covering Britannia and almost all of Scandinavia. There are 15 saints bloodlines so far and 4 from my family. But main line of Family have not managed to gain a saint. Closest was a uncle. Guess i should stop execute those pesants revolters.

In my almost 300 years now with Iceling Family have a Empire covering Britannia and almost all of Scandinavia. There are 15 saints bloodlines so far and 4 from my family. But main line of Family have not managed to gain a saint. Closest was a uncle. Guess i should stop execute those pesants revolters.
That has nothing to do with it. https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Sainthood
The main factor is your piety at time of death. Participating in Crusades massively boosts your piety, and therefore, your chance of sainthood.
For the trait factors, just join a monastic society and complete missions for them (you can skip building churches), and going on a pilgrimage at some point also helps get you beatified (although the trait doesn't directly help canonization chance, the piety you accumulate over time from it does).
15 saints *does* reduce your canonization chance by 20%, but should still be possible, especially if your character had no saintly bloodline (chance is doubled for former player characters with no saintly bloodline).