• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34615)

Sergeant
Sep 24, 2004
I don't know if this happens for all resources, or just spice:

Selling a stack of MTIs in another MTI port, you are paid as if you sold 1 single unit instead of 40-120+. So, screen says value: 1700, profit: 340, but if you sell 10 or all units at a time, it treats the sale as a single unit of goods sold. Lost 120k that way.

More detail: Playing main campaign as England, I take over Bombay with the 5 mission ships you get and build an upgraded trade outpost (to 15% discount). When I buy spice in Bombay, 40 tons worth, I sail over to the Porcelain port, where I find that they'll buy Spice at 1700/ea, a "profit" of 340 according to info screen. So I drag and drop the whole 40 stack and get paid a *total* of 1700. For all 40 units of Spice. Ouch. Had to replay an entire year to get that back.

We'll the whole point of the MTI is to bring them to Europe to sell it in your homeport or through diplomacy to other companies. So I'm not sure if what you described is a bug or not (not sure if I understood what you meant though).

We'll the whole point of the MTI is to bring them to Europe to sell it in your homeport or through diplomacy to other companies. So I'm not sure if what you described is a bug or not (not sure if I understood what you meant though).

Wait, so, you're saying that I shouldn't be able to sell those trade items in any ports except the home port? Even at a loss? I mean, Ok, if that's how the game is designed, I guess I can go with that, but I would still think you could dump your load of spice at a loss without having 40 units sell for the price of one unit.

Here's what I mean:

You sell 1 unit, you get 1700, like the screen suggests the value is.
You sell 10 units, you still get 1700, total.
You sell 37 units, you still get 1700 total, on goods you bought for ~1400/each.

That has to be a bug.

It's not only spices, but at least also silk and tea, which are the most profitable MTI I have tried to sell in other ports besides home. And yes, you sell the whole quantity as if it were just one unit.

I found some good tradeing in a porcelin port. Buy the goods and sell it immediatly, cos the port aparently is buying the goods as well, at a slightly higher rate.

(ofcourse it doesnt give me a big buck a ton, but there was some profit to be made)

Is this a bud? or WAD?

I found some good tradeing in a porcelin port. Buy the goods and sell it immediatly, cos the port aparently is buying the goods as well, at a slightly higher rate.

(ofcourse it doesnt give me a big buck a ton, but there was some profit to be made)

Is this a bud? or WAD?

I saw the same in the tutorial. Its possible to buy items, sell them again with a profit and then they are gone. Maybe a little gamey?