• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here is some food for thought.

When a colonial country revolts, it declares war on everyone it punches out of with the "revolution" CB. In a revolution, both the revolter and parent nation can annex the other for 0 infamy.

So here's what you could do. Let's say Mexico revolts from Spain AND Great Britain. You are playing Great Britain. You could declare on Castille, destroy their armies and give massive war subsidies to Mexico. Help Mexico occupy 100% of Spain and they can and will Annex all of Spain as part of a revolters "all or nothing" AI. With Mexico completely annexing Spain, you can then annex all of Mexico for 0 infamy as they are also a revolter nation to you.

HAven't tried it myself, but it's a thought.

I've never actually played a game into the 1700's other then the one I'm in now. In this one I have a nice bit of the Americas, i.e. modern day New Orleans up into Missouri, west to southern California and then south thru the northern quarter of Mexicoa. (I gotta say, Italian Texas amuses me to no end. ;) ) Anyways, will I get the same equivalent event and have big revolts to put down the same as the areas that formed the original colonies would? If so I better start shipping more troops over now while there is time.

Louisiana may try to form. There's an event where they get cores on provinces in that area. In my current game (I'm near the end of the 18th centruy - wanted to play the game all the way through) Lousiana has formed in South America! Revolted from AI Burgundy, which has seriously mismanaged its affairs.

EDIT: I like me some Italian Texas too. Wonder what the food would be like.

Heh. I don't know but am imagining it would be a cross between Spanish, Italian and Portugesse. Castille owns everything east of the Mississippi (Spain never formed since France gobbled up Aragon early) and the Portugesse own all of Mexico south of me. At any rate, I'll have to garrison that up a lot then. I built up a COT on the site of New Orleans since neither AI power had for the new world and its the biggest one I own. Over 1200 ducats at last count and I've kept a monopoly in it for over a hundred and fifty years now. :wub:

Louisiana may try to form. There's an event where they get cores on provinces in that area. In my current game (I'm near the end of the 18th centruy - wanted to play the game all the way through) Lousiana has formed in South America! Revolted from AI Burgundy, which has seriously mismanaged its affairs.

EDIT: I like me some Italian Texas too. Wonder what the food would be like.
spaghetti westerns anyone?

spaghetti westerns anyone?

"Apt" just does not even begin to cover this...

Give the man a cookie... biscuit... cream cracker.. or whatever this places awards people for posts of above and beyond intellectual demonstration!

Question: Does the US form from UK only colonies or? I have colonized a huge chunk of north America as Denmark (mostly the northern part)
Will all of it revolt even though they have Danish culture?

Yes, it can revolt from any cultures, only the area it's in matters. In my present game, Quebec and Canada are Norwegian while Mexico and Columbia revolted from the Dutch (Brabant).