• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
there's a ghost page already

edit: nevermind, i killed it

Killwithfire.jpg

Not exactly sure if this constitutes an "Empire".....but its coming along anyway :)

Its October 1850, the United States I would say is on the ropes militarily. I've begin carving up chunks of their nation, and I have discovered they only have ONE army of 35,000 men running around in the CSA....time for my armies to gather, swing in south and then crush the United States Army. Essentially after that, if I wish, I should be able to....absorb the United States into my Empire. I reckon I would leave the CSA independant....for a while.

Afterwards, I'll head to South America and deal with that pesky nation of the USCA that was foolish to join the US in a war against me.

MexicanEmpire.jpg

V2_MAP_USA_1848422_1.png

The world in 1848. Playing as USA, and just got out of a horribly bloody Mexican-American War. Virtually all of Mexico had to be occupied before they were willing to give up Oregon and California! Meanwhile, the Civil War is fast approaching, as the Senate is about 26% liberal and likely to go over the 30% edge in next year's election.

It seems to me that maybe the Great Power AI is a little too attached to its colonial possessions: I had to mod away Great Britain's cores in Maine to keep them from obliterating me every game with waves and waves of Canadian troops!

Here is my late game USA game. Hard to see, but ive Partitioned Japan and Korea with my sphere allies of Peru, Haiti, Equador, and Mexico. I have other sphere allies, but these seem to be the most active. Haiti owns part of Japan and vietnam haha. Mexico owns all of South Korea lol. USCA is my only major enemy in America other then France. China has joined the American Axis after the last war. We are fighting currently against the UK.

usamap2.jpg

Haiti power!

haiti.jpg

China around 1860ish gave up shortly after, got tired of anarcho revolutions that cover the my empire every other month. I expected the rebels since I set tariff and taxes very high, but not being able to see and move troops while zoomed out really made it very annoying while fighting the rebels. :mad:

Not too shabby for my first game in Victoria 2.

Two Sicilies, 1888. Have annexed Egypt, all the Saudi nations (Nejd, etc), Crete, Greece, Tunis, Bremen, Ethiopia, and am now bullying Ukraine.

Ottoman Empire narrowly escaped my wrath by allying with the United Kingdom, and Prussia's wars of containment are having little effect. Just worried that France will start to pick on me. They've already caused me enough trouble with their Suez Canal which means I have to boat soldiers across the sea just to travel from one side of Egypt to the other.

sicily1888.jpg

link to map
China around 1860ish gave up shortly after, got tired of anarcho revolutions that cover the my empire every other month. I expected the rebels since I set tariff and taxes very high, but not being able to see and move troops while zoomed out really made it very annoying while fighting the rebels. :mad:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I found out also, while annexing egypt I had 4 full scale anarchist uprisings, and a few smaller ones. I had my eyes on creating the Chinese Europe. I pretty much had taxes at 60%, a moderate size army and 0-20% tariffs. Eventually got bored when I wanted to challenge the Brits (Had a free CB, wanted to get the Scottish Highlands) and instant full scale rebellion... *not again*.

China's pretty insane once you get it to civilized too, you instantly get to #1 GP, 3000 brigades cap and over 1000 brigades from mobilization.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I found out also, while annexing egypt I had 4 full scale anarchist uprisings, and a few smaller ones. I had my eyes on creating the Chinese Europe. I pretty much had taxes at 60%, a moderate size army and 0-20% tariffs. Eventually got bored when I wanted to challenge the Brits (Had a free CB, wanted to get the Scottish Highlands) and instant full scale rebellion... *not again*.

China's pretty insane once you get it to civilized too, you instantly get to #1 GP, 3000 brigades cap and over 1000 brigades from mobilization.

the rebels really wouldn't be too much of an issue if I can just get a bigger picture of where they are while fighting them, and let me move my garrisons more efficiently. For now I'm playing smaller countries till the patch is out.

Just after forming Germany as Austria. Nr. 1 nation in the world, with GB and France "close" behind.

Any ideas what to do next? Colonize maybe?

Last edited:
where is infamy? i killed some algerians as france first thing after getting this game and now i don't know how much the world hates me