• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
V2_MAP_SPA_193681_1.jpg

I'm a Spaniard so I wanted to make a Spanish Empire like the old days :cool: It went very perfect, my first goal was the former Spanish colonies of the Americas. I let the US take the part of New Spain that they already had as core but fought them in wars for control of central america. Eventually in the end it was boring since it was only left with Britain and I and the Russian. The US were only in their own land.

I'd like to see the list of GPs and SPs... Are there even enough civilized nations left to fill the 8 SP positions?

I'd like to see the list of GPs and SPs... Are there even enough civilized nations left to fill the 8 SP positions?

Russia, GB, AUstralia, South Africa,Ireland(?), Denmark, Sweden, Canada

That'd be enough to fill the 8 spots, still impressive either way!

For the GPs yes, but there should be another 8 secondary powers, and it looks like there are only about 11-12 civilized nations in total.

V2_MAP_SPA_193681_1.jpg

I'm a Spaniard so I wanted to make a Spanish Empire like the old days :cool: It went very perfect, my first goal was the former Spanish colonies of the Americas. I let the US take the part of New Spain that they already had as core but fought them in wars for control of central america. Eventually in the end it was boring since it was only left with Britain and I and the Russian. The US were only in their own land.

This is awesome. I'm curious what percentage of that empire's population is actually spanish. I think spain starts the game with 4 million souls, was there significant assimilation in this empire?

+1

Once you get enough military score that there's no way anyone can ever catch up to you, people stop declaring war on you entirely.

Yes that is right. Britain was my ally in the game but early on as I take more land the French declare war on me and take over part of mainland spain. I surrendered and they contained me, but then after containment was over I declared war on them with my new built up armies and took over all of France to get them back!

I will check the assimilation later. The great power list had China as #5 or #6 because no more nations left. lol

yeah what about japan. It westernized right? GP probably, right?

Yes I believe they became 3rd power lol I will show a list one moment to find it

2011-11-26_00001.jpg

My prestige is so shameful hahaha

The assimilation was significant in the latin American areas mostly and Europe too. By the end of the game pretty much all of my colonies became state cores. That is the interesting thing and I tried to spend the game giving what the people want in my colonies to make them happy and not troublesome. My next game is Portugal now. I found some advice on the forums to take Sicily and I have done that already now I am number 8 great power from that and take over parts of Brazil. I am like an old time colonizer. lol.

Last edited:
Yes I believe they became 3rd power lol I will show a list one moment to find it

My prestige is so shameful hahaha

The assimilation was significant in the latin American areas mostly and Europe too. By the end of the game pretty much all of my colonies became state cores. That is the interesting thing and I tried to spend the game giving what the people want in my colonies to make them happy and not troublesome. My next game is Portugal now. I found some advice on the forums to take Sicily and I have done that already now I am number 8 great power from that and take over parts of Brazil. I am like an old time colonizer. lol.

> Independent AI Canada
> Secondary Power
>
> Squee

Also if you notice I made an error when I took over argentina (i had to fight the British for it) and for some reason they got away to the Falkland Islands and became a british allied so I couldn't get them back lol

Japan "Empire"

To make it short:
Territorial Expansions:
- 1836 Johore
- then Korea
- 1858 Great Power
- 1862 Jambi
- 1879 Bali
- 1889 Rest of Shumshu Region
- 1921 Brunei

ASAP Laissez Faire-economy
ASAP Dreadnought-Spam leads to My-First-Noob-Empire:

- No. 1 since 1925

endv218cr.png

Last edited:
Well, here's my recent Paraguay Empire game, which I've decided to call "All The Way With Paraguay"

V2_MAP_PRG_19351231_1.jpg

V2_8.jpg

V2_7-1.jpg

Ended the game with a bigger population than Japan and a military to rival to the US. I never broke the infamy limit and ended the game with no infamy at all - I was planning to annex the rest of Argentina but didn't in 20 years get a causus belli against them, so I couldn't without breaking the infamy limit.

Nationalists enforced like rabbits in this game: Danzigers, Javans, Zanzibaris, Georgians, you name them and they enforced. Most of them were gobbled back up at some point. Also, an expansionist US and USCA gobbled up a fascist Mexico, as you can see.

Weirder still, France got Southwest England and held it for most of the game; the UK got it back towards the end but France still has cores there are most of the pops are French.