• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like that one pokemon... that was a pink dog, and I don't remember it's name.

Granbull :p

That Austria to me looks like a merman playing a sax...

Spot-on!

... Apart from a merman playing some kind of instrument with a tune above the instrument, I myself think it looks like a mutalisk with one of its wings in grey, if you look at it with all of the countries and not just the players. Or perhaps a devourer, with Lithuania being the slime spray... and that Golden Horde kinda looks like the head of a camel.

Now a question is why you'd release Finland as a vassal?

esw490.jpg

2z4wr9h.jpg

This is the first game that I play almost through. I stopped because France just declared war and I don't feel like spending the next 10 hours fighting a losing war. It was a fun game overall, with some interesting happenings. Look at Great Britain and Ottoman for instance. Any thoughts?

Looking at the first map, I thought you were France. Then I thought you were Sweden. Then I thought you were the Ottoman Empire.

Last person I thought you were was venice. :D

Well, I only got the game recently and it's the first game I can play for centuries without getting destroyed by my neighbours. For most of the game, I was stuck between France and Ottoman. In the 15th century, OE had an incredidble expansion, inheriting Tripoli and the Jayrids then thrashing the Mameluks and owning the Balkans.

Right at that time, France became emperor of the HRE and my options were thus limited east and west.

Ming died and beastly Persia, GH is alright too. Who is that in China my games never see them come about and the country in India who stuffed vijayangar?

He said it was because they were very poor, and he could tech faster without them.

Just wondering, what is with every single MP game I see having Normandy in it?

:rofl:

You are probably only looking at the 900 Years one then. Normandy is there because the player started in CK, and never wanted to switch to either England or GB.

Granbull :p

Well yes because the provinces are pretty terrible, but the province of Finland gets a +2 base tax boost because of it's capital, and that lets it field a 3000 or so army that has really helped me.

and maintaining the osterbotten colony sucks when you first start out

Last edited:
Ming died and beastly Persia, GH is alright too. Who is that in China my games never see them come about and the country in India who stuffed vijayangar?

In China, it's Qin. A weird turn of things, as it was that province under the reign of Shiouangti that unified China in 220BC and and gave it, among other, the name under which we know it today.

In India, it's Mysore. Sadly, I'm not well versed in Indian history so I can't bring any clever observations to the discussion.

Warning, long post :p

My first finished game in the October 9 beta, as the Yemenite Republic. A mini AAR if you will, for the sake of beta testing.

yem1527.jpg

My initial targets were Ethiopia, Adal, Oman and Hedjaz, in that order. I also managed to grab a rebelling Funj off the Mamluks and took some Swahili provs. Exploiting animist zealots still works fine by the way, all of my African holdings are Bedouin Arabic.

In Europe, all major powers have been expanding very aggressively. France is all over the place, and their Balkan holdings eventually cause the destruction of the Ottomans and Hungary. England took Scandinavia and Castille simply obliterated the North African muslims. Milan has most of Italy. Poland and GH are as good as gone. All pretty fast too considering this is only ~130 years after game start.

As for the rest of the world, Ming and Timurids are strong but nothing too special.

-----

yem1661.jpg

I've become a major power myself, holding Arabia and East Africa. I recently established that border with Portugal here, but after five poor ADM kings in a row, I decide to go Republic. Gee, I want to Westernize! The first Stadtholder (doesn't that title sound very Arabic) is ADM 7 and lasts long enough for the required 2 rounds of westernization.

Europe has oddly stagnated. France made no further incursions in Iberia and few in Germany. And Britain doesn't feel like tidying up Scandinavia either. Why? The Russian situation seems similarly indecisive. Colonization seems fine. The Timurids are my allies and they are big and very stable.

-------

Old World 1785
yem1785.jpg

The late 17th and 18th century see great Yemenite expansion. The Hindus are all subdued and vassalized, while Indonesia and Japan are conquered. I only needed 10k cavalry in India once to vassalize all the minors there. Vassal armiess ftw.

Fully westernized but still catching up, I also fought some tough wars against Portugal, Castille, Aragon and Britain for control of Africa. I also forced the release of Scotland, Brazil and Canada. USA, Haiti, Venezuela and Quebec managed to liberate themselves without direct help.

Europe saw the rise of Austria and Lithuania in this period, with them making Eastern Europe a maze of borders. There are not very many minor nations left in Germany, but one of them is a 5 province Hamburg. I've never seen that before, must be the result of the addition of Holstein. I think it's awesome. France has expanded slightly in Greece. Also, they are like 10 tech levels ahead of anybody else. The Ottomans own Iceland...

The Timurids are the real eyecatchers here. I've never seen them so big. For a while I expected them to actually reach the ocean. But they never got there, they are over their apex here already.

China is divided between the muslim Qin, Xia (my vassal) and the islamized Oirats.

Australia is still rather empty, but that's probably because I took southern Africa from the Europeans. At this time I'm recruiting Whitecoats and Redcoats from Portuguese and Aragonese cores.

------
1821 End Game

The Timurids exploded after a long series of relatively small wars completely exhausted them. France, Qin and I benefit from this.

The last 20 years were spent fighting France. My whitecoats/redcoats are hardly a match for their Napoleonic Squares, but they have to suffice. They stationed 50k troops in their colony in Cameroon, and they were mighty hard to break down. But finally I succeed and on the last day of the game I sign a peace treaty for some colony provinces and the release of several nations.

yem1821.jpg

with vassals:

yemvassals1821.jpg

I managed to catch up in Land (68), somewhat so in Naval (55), Other tech levels are in the 35-45 range.

AI behavior was a bit weird, with extreme expansion in the 15th century and very little afterwards. But it was a very fun and rewarding game all in all. I only crossed the BB limit once, accidentally, for a few months.

Last edited:
So that's the game where USA rebelled from Canada? (the oneyou posted in the strange screenshots thread)?

Yeah that's right :)

I like how eastern europe is just a random splattering of austrian and lithuanian provinces.

Well it sure is decorative, but I'd rather see the AI try harder to consolidate, make its territory defensible. :eek:o

Last edited:
Started a game as Burgundians, releaed Flanders, went to Flanders, started playing.

2449wfr.jpg

2vioya0.jpg

I created Wallonian territory, and became Belgium. I in the future am looking to become the Netherlands/Dutch. I own Ile de France btw and France completely collapsed. Burgundy is becoming strnog, and Normandy is proving to be a very strong vassal. I have decided that after I become Netherlands and start Colonizing, that I will (heavily) intervene in France and make sure that France regains control over it's lands.

I also as of the last few wars have Wurzburg and Luneburg as Vassals which is kinda nice.

Well things have changed. I was involved in the first World war of Europe, and as the result I now control all of the Netherlands from Friesland to Ile de France and from Caux to Oldenburg. I have also Vassalized alot of German minors. Most of Brittany I also conquered and gifted to my vassal Normandy. My BB is at the mid 30's, which means i'm not doing anything for awhile. My final cores for Netherlands comes around 1497 and I can turn into the Netherlands than.

15cyn48.png

Also note my very old Advisor. What is the record for oldest advisor?