• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re-Reconquista Achievement Run:

Got inspired by all the Purple Phoenix staff in KoK and went for the "simpler" (in the sense of less complicated content) White Phoenix version.
Was an interesting run, managed to expand a bit in Africa at the beginning and then waited quite a long time to break my alliances with Morocco and Tunis (I grabbed the alliance with Ottomans surprisingly quickly). Went for the colonial game to get new routes of expansion. Wars against the Iberians were easier than expected, although my Ottoman friends managed to be in high debt (and still in almost constant wars) all the time so they only joined only one war (and not even the first, but there I think I managed to get some help from France).
The end was now also delayed by almost 15 years due to the League War firing a year before the truce with Aragon ran out and exactly its Iberian provinces getting occupied by HRE Bohemia, who refused to peace them out (or end the league war at 99 % war score) for over 10 years.

Now for 1.37!

eu4_12.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
The first game of 1.37. Maya still sucks to form they're still forced to go through 5 losses of territory it really hampers development. You can do it much faster as Aztec or Inca.

Allies: Aragon, Austria-Hungary
Sunset Colonies: Galacia

1715227014119.png

As promised the Timurids now have a formable which allows them to form Persia without culture swapping they're also a Colonial Nation

1715227153383.png

1715227243623.png

1715227265137.png

Next time I play in this region it will be Aztecs since you don't get held back so much by the terrible formation mechanic. Next game trying out the new Venice mechanics

• 4Like
Reactions:
Lucky Lucca achievement run:

eu4_96.png

Vassals: Milan, Saluzzo
Allies: Austria (+ Bohemia + Hungary), Spain (+ Naples), Portugal, Switzerland

Bought Kutch from Gujarat using Charter Company for about 2000 ducats. Used Age of Discovery perk to chain claims through Delhi and Jaunpur all the way to Lucknow. Black flagged my main stack from Italy and walked through the Middle East to Kutch. Built Independent Company and Free Company in Kutch.

Fought Sindh for Thatta and four provinces from their ally Delhi. Then fought Jaunpur for four of their provinces including the necessary Lucknow.

Colonised around Africa to Australia along the way to get colonial range on Eastern India.

eu4_99.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Next time I play in this region it will be Aztecs since you don't get held back so much by the terrible formation mechanic. Next game trying out the new Venice mechanics
Doesn't appear that you went for control of the island of Java and the new Mayan achievement, you can't be that far off being able to take it by force?

Doesn't appear that you went for control of the island of Java and the new Mayan achievement, you can't be that far off being able to take it by force?

Oh you do get new expansion paths over there it's not going to be a hard achievement to acquire i just don't play around achievements. Once you unlock Sunset Invasions you can just invade someone set up a base and spread out. It's probably a much easier expansion path as well given how densely developed Europe gets

Can't we give ourselves one more chance?
Why can't we give love that one more chance?
Why can't we give love, give love, give love, give love
Give love, give love, give love, give love?

eu4_137.png

One of the 1.36 runs I still needed to finish up (the other is an AEIOU run, urgh). World Conquest finished in 1790, the final five years were spent getting colonists to the open provinces in Africa for pretty borders. I ended the game with -30% general PWSC reduction (Diplo ideas + Military hegemon) plus another 20% PWSC vs other religions (South Slavic diwan bonus + Caliphate), meaning that my Imperialism wars could take up to ~330% OE at a time.

For ideas I went Religious -> Diplomatic -> Offensive -> Administrative -> Quality -> Humanist -> Influence -> Expansion

This was also a game with quite a bit of whackyness - Venice formed Italy; Palatinate became Emperor, got the BI and blobbed across the HRE; and British Louisiana is Totemist. Here's a picture of the Palatinate at it's territorial zenith:

eu4_138.png

After my first war against them they formed Westphalia, which made them among the more annoying tags to eat up. At times they ran 600k troops.

Still nothing compared to the British though.

Also randomly picked up Spice Girls when I got a consort regency lategame.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Bohemia ascends in 1.37 to Great Moravia

View attachment 1130745

Can also opt into Bohemian Commonwealth for a name, but Moravia is cooler

View attachment 1130747

The completed campaign here, the changes make Bohemia and even more fun nation to play now that you can form Moravia. Has a bright shiny color too. With Bohemia's mission tree you can complete it really fast. Just a warning you need to own Krakow directly or you'll need to annex Poland before forming Great Moravia.

Allies: France, Great Britain, Sweden, Somalia, Persia
Personal Unions: Hungary, Saxony, Brandenburg, Poland, Lithuania
Vassals: Syria, Egypt, Byzantium, Bulgaria

1715389801377.png

1715389948464.png

1715390138434.png

1715390061930.png

And the Revolutionary Banner

1715390272830.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
Decided to play with the updated Timurid tree and it feels like it has a better flow now I went with Eranshahr I find the Zoraster path is more fun just blob out throughout the middle east. You also get a decision which gives you -10% war score with Zoraster as well.

Allies: Sindh, Jaunpur, Poland

Poland decided to go hostile and then immediately lost Hungary and Lithuania as their PUs when they got jumped on by everyone basically.

Also the most cursed Europe I remember seeing before lol

1715498979932.png

1715499042504.png

1715499080263.png

1715499101319.png

1715499147736.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
February 1694, Imperial Palace of El Escorial, Madrid

Emperor Luis I of the Ruspoli dynasty gazes pensively out of his window at the mountainous landscape surrounding his palace, from where he rules his universal empire. He is the most powerful man on earth. And he has a mission, an age-old mission. He feels above him all his ancestors, those who preceded him on the throne of the Crown of Spain, all of whom have worked, with varying degrees of success, towards the ultimate goal. But it is he, Luis, who has the eternal honour of finishing the job. He is going to do what no man has ever been able to do, he feels. In a world eternally divided by religious wars, he will have the honour of spreading the faith of Christ everywhere, in every country, in every land, in every town, in every village, in every person. How many battles had to be fought? How many deaths? For a moment, Luis seemed to regret all those wars and conquests. But no, it had to be done. Because soon, humanity will finally be reunited by faith. And then, he is sure, all wars will disappear and divine peace will finally reign on Earth.

The footsteps of one of his courtiers snapped him out of his thoughts.
-My emperor, my emperor, I have great news to tell you
-What is it?
-Well, it's over.
-Is it really?
-Yes, really. We have received a letter from our Viceroy of Champassak in Indochina. Our Jesuit missionaries have been hard at work. All the pagan temples have been converted into churches. A large cathedral was erected in Attapeu, the last remaining pagan province.
Capture d'écran 2024-05-13 014430.png

The members of the court present were stunned; had the legend of the kings of Spain finally been fulfilled? The room fell silent. The Cardinal Minister made the sign of the cross and shouted: ‘Alleluia! God's will be done! Long live the Emperor! Suddenly there was applause, cheers and even tears. At last, the prophecy was fulfilled.

The emperor then spoke these few words: ‘My brothers and sisters of the aposlotic and Roman Catholic religion, this day will remain forever etched in the memory of mankind, because thanks to God, we have spread his message throughout the whole world. All men, wherever they may be, pray to only one God, the true God, and recognise the true faith. Henceforth, the world of yesterday, made up of wars, divisions and misfortunes, will be a thing of the past. I, your emperor, and my descendants will forever be the protectors of this unity'.

Throughout the world, a period of celebrations followed, the longest ever known. Everyone, whoever they are, is celebrating the end of the war forever.
But will Emperor Luis be able to keep his promises? Will his work stand the test of time, and above all of the new ideas put forward by philosophers who advocate rationalism, sometimes even going so far as to envisage atheism? Only time will tell.

Capture d'écran 2024-05-13 014520.png

Capture d'écran 2024-05-13 014627.png

Well, now back to the real world. This part was really long and by the end I was pretty exhausted, but hey, it had to be finished. Two weeks entirely dedicated to this run. From now on, I'll be able to boast about my achievement. In fact, to no-one around me, because no-one knows EU4 and as soon as I mention the game everyone looks at me strangely, as if I were an alien.

I think I've done pretty well, but there's always room for improvement... Now I've got to get back to studying, because the exams are coming up.

• 8Like
Reactions:
My 90th EUIV run: Great Horde -> Golden Horde -> Ulug Ulus.

Finally the new patch is out and I couldn't wait to start playing again. While I intended to do Austria-> Austria-Hungary at first, I decided to go with Great Horde -> Golden Horde -> Ulug Ulus instead.

My main goal was to reunite the Hordes and to not allow Muscovy get too strong, that's why I allied the Ottomans, Aq Qoyunlu, Uzbeks and Novgorod. My first target became Crimea, after fully annexing them, the Ottomans broke the alliance, because they desired my land. In a few years, when the Ottomans attacked Byzantium, I quickly snatched Theodoro so the Ottomans don't get a foothold there and I could embrace Feudalism. My next targets became Kazan and Nogai and only after that I attacked Muscovy with my ally Novgorod, I took Moscow itself and some other neighbouring provinces. Then I turned my attention to the East and attacked my former ally Uzbeks to take the required provinces to restore the Golden Horde.

After finishing my main and most important goal of reuniting the Golden Horde, it was time to restore other Mongolian realms as well. For some reason, Ming hadn't collapsed and Oirats and Transoxiania were quite strong, but it didn't stop me from recreating Chagatai (as a vassal) and Yuan at first and then gradually feeding them their former territories. The last one to be restored was Ilkhanate as I needed all of Persia and Khorasan.

01. Ulug Ulus.png
02. World map.png

03. Score.png
04. Ulug Ulus.png

My vassals: Prussia, Chagatai, Multan.
Brother realms: Ilkhanate, Yuan.

EDIT: Uploaded all images.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Roma Invicta

eu4_2.png

(Just before clicking the decision to form the Roman Empire)

eu4_3.png

Quite a fun playthrough, but I really need to play an easy nation next. I was half of the time super tense.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I’m terribly greedy to see your saves. I want to play WoC right now but I don’t want to play with English localization. It’s said that Tinto seems to have arranged many so-called multibytes(?) so I must wait longer to play with chinese/japanese localization mod enabled.

Ahhhhhhhh I’m going to die for having no 1.37 at hand!o_O

Mets Hayk achievement run:

eu4_102.png

Vassals: Byzantium, Bulgaria, Serbia, Nogai
Allies: Venice, Commonwealth

A good challenge, would recommend to anyone who hasn't given it a try yet. Lost count of the number of wars I fought against the Ottomans but it was a lot!

• 7Like
Reactions:
Tunis is a nice chill nation to play. Tried to compete with Russia for the biggest lettering but Russia invaded China.

Vassals: Morocco, Greece, Yao, Oyo, Aden, Bologna, Karaman

Also took the West Indies from Portugal
eu4_44.png

Finished as the Mamluks to get almost all the missions at once. Buffed up my military to 1.4 Million just in case the coalition fired because ALL of Europe and Russia joined and lost my alliance with Persia because we were both hegemons. At one point i had Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Commonwealth, Venice and a few others who supported independence of Morocco and Bologna at the same time but managed to break the coalition by attacking Spain/Portugal, Great Britain, Venice and Commonwealth separately.
eu4_42.png

Mewar almost formed Hindustan, Commonwealth was about to get gobbled up from all sides after i annihilated their entire military and canceled all their allainces. Somehow both Portugal and Spain never lost their colonies despite losing their homeland. France and Venice alliance became an unstoppable force in Europe with France also allied to Russia. Great Britain was just Great Britain which is always a non factor.

Also started spreading Tunisian, Egyptian, Bedouin, Turkish, Andalusian and Neapolitan
eu4_45.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
Most fun playthrough yet, and man it was tough getting it going. I was involved in every major European war, including a succession war over France which later helped immensely with the recovery of Africa from Spain and the Balkans from Austria-Hungary. Commonwealth has a PU on Scandinavia.

Attachments

• eu4_6.png
    eu4_6.png
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
  • eu4_7.png
    eu4_7.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • eu4_8.png
    eu4_8.png
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • eu4_map_BYZ_1821_01_13_2.png
    eu4_map_BYZ_1821_01_13_2.png
    241,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I always were curious - is it possible to become Economical Hegemon as Novgorod before 1600?
I tried different strategies and combination of ideas and finally done it even before 1580.

Ideas were Expansion-Trade-Religious.

At early game I focused on completing all Novgorodian missions especially that ones that gives mercantilism. Conquering Baltic trade nodes and Iceland is a key to success, because first ones gives alot of trade income and Iceland gives a way to early colonisation.
About 1500 I moved to Far East, crushed Oirat and reached Pacific shores. It gives me ability to fully colonize Siberia before 1550 and move my capital to Brazil.
And yea, Thalassocracy is OP. Once I moved my capital to Brazil it gave me possibility to install trade protectorates on most of European minors, which I converted to Orthodox earlier.

Funny thing that HRE theocracies in this patch are very eager to become DoF.

Attachments

• Novgoord EH trade.png
    Novgoord EH trade.png
    3,8 MB · Views: 0
  • Novgorod 1500.jpg
    Novgorod 1500.jpg
    744,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Novgorod EH income.jpg
    Novgorod EH income.jpg
    768,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Novgorod EH trade protectorates.jpg
    Novgorod EH trade protectorates.jpg
    911 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
My Kilwa

eu4_6.png

eu4_5.png

Quite a fun playthrough. I started it with the intention of getting Queen of Mercury (easy) and Swahili persuasion (medium difficulty). Kilwa is way too op. I dominate all of the indian trade nodes even when I barely have any provinces there, I am getting a bit over 2k ducats per month (well, I would be getting that if the game didn't have a hard limit of 1M ducats), I am way over my land force limit, since I basically hired all the mercenaries in Africa, India and the East Indies, plus a cannon stack for each of them.

I'm only GP 3 (GP 1 is a weakish Rev. Turkey, and GP2 is Austria-Hungary). However, I'm economic hegemon. I claimed it first by 1620, but I lost it in 1650 in a war in which I tried to solo Gujarat and Bengal. I reclaimed it in 1670. This is the best kind of hegemony. My territories are at 55% autonomy, so they contribute a lot of manpower and money, plus A TON of trade power.

For the Swahili persuasion achievement I had to conquer two islands from European powers that had been converted to some sort of christianity: one from Anglican Britain and one from Catholic Spain. The british one was easy. Britain had only one ally (a philipine minor) and no colonies. I was even tempted to invade the british isles. But it was not necessary and besides the island I needed, I took provinces in Guinea.

The war with Spain was way more complicated and way more fun.

Spain was allied with half the world. They kept all of their colonies, which were Peru+Brazil+Colombia+Mexico. They had supported the independence of the United States (from Portugal) and of Egypt (from the Ottomans) and they had kept the alliance. They were also allied to the Netherlands (biggish Netherlands, which were actually my rival) and Austria-Hungary. Netherlands, Austria-Hungary, the United States and Spain were great powers, and the United States had the biggest army in the world.
Since I used a conquest CB, I got ticking warscore from occupying a remote island in Indonesia which was inaccesible to any ally except for Spain and her colonies. My navy was superior to almost anyone's (but not by much) and well timed battles destroyed most of my enemies' ability to attack by sea. This became super important, since now all I had to do was to protect two fronts: one in Guinea (protecting the entry into Congo), where I had level 8 and 9 jungle forts; and one in Ethiopia, where I had 4 level 8 highland forts. I stackwiped all the allies stacks until they ran out of manpower, while my own manpower was well protected behind a sea of mercenaries and good army management. I got like 35% warscore, and as soon as Spain's enthusiasm became medium, I peaced them out for the island I needed and half of Australia.

• 6Like
Reactions:
My first complete Trebizond playthrough since the Winds of Change.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-31 142408.png

Early on we managed to defeat the Palaiologoi usurpers, capturing Constantinople for ourselves. Then, utilizing the superior diplomatic skills of the Komnenoi dynasty, we secured important alliances with both Christian and Muslim nations. Complete destruction of the Ottomans was inevitable. After our main enemy was vanquished, we went on on a long campaign of reconquest, starting with Caucasus, then continuing with Balkans, Levant and Egypt. As we set our gaze on the crown jewel of Justinian's Empire, Italy, the Catholics took notice. The resurgent Frankish barbarians called a grand coalition, accusing us of shattering the balance of powers and being the next Genghis Khan. Laughable! Even though the coalition's armies far outnumbered our own, we managed to defeat them time and time again. Even as we were declared on from all sides, invaded by the hordes of Mughals, Rus, Poles, Hungarians and Franks, we were victorious.

That's what lead us to the current day, 31st December of 1820, or rather, using Roman Calendar, Annus Mundi 7328. We have realized Justinian's dream. Romania, Circassia and Nubia are our loyal vassals. Basileus of Rome is also the Tsar of Ruthenia. Pentarchy is restored, uniting all of Christendom.

If we had more time, we would go on to crush the most stubborn of our enemies, the Frankish Empire, the last bastion of Catholicism in the whole world.

Here is the ethnic map of our core lands:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-05-31 142504.png

I must say, this was the most fun I had in a long time. The game was challenging to the end. :D

• 1Like
Reactions: