• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And what does that mean? Sorry I'm new to the game and never experienced anything like that.

All I know is royal marriages, vassals, allies. Anyway, is there a way to break this personal union? I mean, what would you do in my situation? I need Sicily!! :p

A personal union is formed when 2 nations have a royal marraige and one of those nations loses their kings without an heir. If the other nations prestige is high enough a union will form. This is rare however and is typically formed by claiming the thrown. Which is an option in diplomacy and gives you the chance to force that country into a union. It makes them your ally for life basically, and high relations. They can insult you if they are the junior partner. Every time your ruler dies or something like that there is a slim chance that you will inherit that nation. If you want to get out of one, just continue to insult the leading partner in the union until your relations are negative I think. This will mean that a war will occur and you will try to get out of the union if you win. And if you lose, the union will continue.

yea thats pretty much what I'm doing :)

Brabant got gobbled up by Burgundy and then through event or something Bohemia took those provinces. They were emperor, seems like the emperor keeps claiming provinces that were taken illegally or something.... this is my first DW game, but I've played eu3 a bunch.

small update:

EU3_1-2.jpg

I ended up getting France as an ally, though eventually they failed to come to my aid when I was getting beat up by England, I ended up having to pay reparations to England, and losing Oldenburg as my vassal. However, later on France, Burgundy, and England all got into a huge war and I took advantage of it right when I got tercio's and totally steam rolled both France and Burgundy back to back. Did some RM's and gifting to both England and Castille and now we're all allies, and they are 2nd and 3rd in income now, so its kinda game over in terms of fighting for survival. Burgundy knows for sure now they have absolutely no chance of defeating me, and I laugh at France.

I've pretty much got every building built possible for my tech level (which is about 10 years ahead of time in every category), almost earning twice as much $ as any other nation. All Flemish and Dutch culture is united under one banner now. Also super close to being able to colonize the caribbean islands so I think thats what I'll do next.

its really been a pretty crazy game, at one point I thought scotland was going to completely absorb england, but somehow they turned the tide and did the opposite. Same thing with castille, at one point france owned most of former aragon lands, but with my help they turned the tide as well. I'm not all that big in terms of provinces owned, but pretty much nobody can touch me with 42k troops and 110% discipline.

thanks for your interest

Wow - your hungary/Poland is an exact replica almost of my game, the only difference is Hungary has Moldavia but it has this weird pyramid look to it with krakow in the middle :p

I can haz ugliest border award? :D

uglyborders.jpg

1647 as Bavaria. Attempting to form Germany and dominate the world brewing industry! :p

Random PU with England happened in 1462 and inherited it 1570ish. Only recently forced PU's on France and Bohemia. Unfortunately France was falling apart after it blobbed before I was able to snatch the throne. Only have 5 more years until Brandenburg cores and I get to form Germany. :D

P.S. Almost all of Europe is Protestant thanks to my efforts. But the Italians and Iberians are stubbern in there beliefs. :mad:

Playing on high aggressiveness as the Teutonic order-Prussia is a really fun game so far to. Currently have 5 PU's on the countries needed to form Germany, yes trying to achieve the early Reich achievement. I got multiple vassals in HRE; I am the HRE emperor and have 2 reforms left but am waiting for the achievement first.

However what is really sad and actually just pisses me off is that for some reason all of my saved game files for the Teutonic-Prussia game say that the file has been modified and hence achievements are disabled :confused:

However what is really sad and actually just pisses me off is that for some reason all of my saved game files for the Teutonic-Prussia game say that the file has been modified and hence achievements are disabled :confused:

Are you using the beta patch?

I can haz ugliest border award? :D

uglyborders.jpg

1647 as Bavaria. Attempting to form Germany and dominate the world brewing industry! :p

Random PU with England happened in 1462 and inherited it 1570ish. Only recently forced PU's on France and Bohemia. Unfortunately France was falling apart after it blobbed before I was able to snatch the throne. Only have 5 more years until Brandenburg cores and I get to form Germany. :D

P.S. Almost all of Europe is Protestant thanks to my efforts. But the Italians and Iberians are stubbern in there beliefs. :mad:

U can haz a murder
1299165614850.jpg

We have a Raaaage thread for the internet memes, please.

Wanted to recreate the french borders of rev. france. So I did.

19534A3AE409B444B230884D89EFC00793974C27

Was tempting to go on a conquering spree at one moment when I gained border conflicts to the left and right, decided to stick with my plan and create those beutiful borders of mine.

Altough I don't know where to go next, either I launch a new age of crusades or start colonizing (got azores).

I'm leading in gov and land tech with about 2-3techs to the second.
Also Spain will form in just a few years whitout my help. Neither portugal or castille shows any interest in colonizing and just keeps invading N africa or ME.:D

EU3_1.jpg

EU3_2.jpg

had an alliance with castille for about 100 years and lithuania for 50 years or so. now, its england only

france went to war with savoy, burgundy and some minors some time ago. they won, but their war exhaustion reached 20 points. immediately after signing peace, holland dowed them. after that, burgundy again. i was in no position to interfere, having no land connexion or cb against burgundy.
the armies of burgundy already defeated me in chur (switzerland) once. i killed about 30-40k and lost about 2000 men only, but they still won the battle. i was lucky and signed peace with the alliance leader, preventing them from annihilating 60 regiments!

btw, does anyone know a good upload site? imageshack says my files are too big. so i use postimage.org, but they have no direct-view link

imgur.com

Wanted to recreate the french borders of rev. france. So I did.

19534A3AE409B444B230884D89EFC00793974C27

Was tempting to go on a conquering spree at one moment when I gained border conflicts to the left and right, decided to stick with my plan and create those beutiful borders of mine.

Altough I don't know where to go next, either I launch a new age of crusades or start colonizing (got azores).

I'm leading in gov and land tech with about 2-3techs to the second.
Also Spain will form in just a few years whitout my help. Neither portugal or castille shows any interest in colonizing and just keeps invading N africa or ME.:D

I like how poland ate bohemia

Nope, no Brunei. We have no Muslim countries. Zapotec is actually Holland. Ming is a player, as well as Taira. No Byzantium. Bohemian player got screwed over early on by Austria, and Portugal is a player. Me and Hindustan have a non-agression pact, he gets south Asia, I get the north. The Chinese and Japanese will have to deal with their lot in the east :D. There are probably 5 really reserved and chill players, who are content with their borders, like Switzerland and TO. (Though Switzerland stole a port from Savoy.)

Also, Burgundy took over France. Burgundy is a player.

I also have a non agression pact with nearby players once I get my borders nice and cleaned up. You would be amazed how much land I got in 20 years. We intend on making a .gif of the end-game screenshots to show the change over 20-30 year intervals.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...uot-Steam-Divine-Wind-quot-—-Sundays-19-00-CET.

Thats our thread, shows most of the countries that are being used. Most of them formed their respective countries, already.

Last edited: