• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Convert to a christian denomination.

you need an organized religion. doesn't matter which - can be any of the existing religions that start out as organized (christians, muslims, jews, zoros, dharmic indian) or a reformed pagan.

Yes

A) take a decision as nomad to settle in a castle

B) while having organized religion and max tribal authiraut while being tribal and taking the decision to feudalize

C ) get inherited by ruler with feudal government

D ) gavelkind succesion sometimes makes you feudal upon succesion

E) stop fulfilling requirements for specials government type

F) be the doge of inland merchant Republic and make someone of your dynasty succeed you in dogeship, that merchant Republic will turn into feudal

If you play pagan and don't want to reform - for whatever reason - an option could be to "fake-convert" by concubine; get a non-pagan concubine from raiding, and have an old ruler convert to her religion, feudalize, and then take over as a pagan heir.

I'm currently playing a Feudal Germanic in a 769 Shattered World start. When you start with only counts, the game spawns culture/religion correct characters to rule over their counties. Frisia has a single Germanic province with a castle/temple/city so anyone starting there would be a Feudal Germanic. It's neat.

If you want to play a "normal" game, I believe everyone's favorite Viking (Haesteinn of Nantes) is feudal in the 867 Old Gods bookmark. You have a lot of prestige, money, and event troops to work with taking over Brittany and then Prepared Invading a realm of your choice. :eek:

There are several pagan rulers who start off as feudal. As previously mentioned, Halfdan in Jorvik and Haesteiin in Nantes in the Old Gods 867 start are feudal Germanic pagans. In 1066 and even 1081 there are two Pomeranian Slavic dukes who are feudal already. There are also feudal Slavic rulers in the Balkans during the early starts. I'm sure there are others that I've missed.

But this patch has brought a significant change for feudal pagans. They are no longer able to use the Pagan Subjugation or Tribal Invasion CBs unless they change to elective gavelkind succession. I only realized this last night when I tried playing one of those feudal Pomeranian Slavic dukes. In the past I could always subjugate the other one then form the kingdom of Pomerania. That's no longer possible unless I'm willing to have the worst succession type in existence.