• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zlovie said:
Well i can't diplovassalize the byzantines, since they're orthodox and i'm catholic. For the PU with Lithuania, I'm not sure how the inheritance works. But I believe that if your relations are high enough and you're king dies you've got a good chance you will inherit them. But that was changed earlier, I think in NA. You can't demand inheritance for as far as I know.

I haven't really payed much attention to this yet, I'm more busy abusing Lithuania to take down enemies.
Can anyone help me out with this? So we know for sure....

While I was playing Byzant, I had no problems with getting small catholic kingdoms DVed... I don't think being heretic is a problem.
As you are either of the true religion, heretic or infidel.
Only infidels are not to be married.

I was planning on writing a new update yesterday afternoon, but when I tried to start my computer it didn't do anything at all. Just from one day to another it went from working perfectly to doing nothing. So, at the moment, I can't reach my savegames nor my screenshots. I'm gonna have to bring the computer back to the shop. So don't expect any updates untill late in the coming week. I'm sorry people...

I finally have my computer back from the store, and everything is working good now.
There were still a bunch of screenshots about which I hadn't written an updat so here it is.
If I can remember everything correctly.....

The Palatine Succession war and our second Vassal

I have a free advisor slot and Musa Kemal is available, a little free-minting is never bad.
So I hire this guy.

3a.jpg

Than, Austria gets into a succesion war about the palatinate. The war is against Bohemia,
the Teutonic Order and Milan. Off course Poland joins in with Austria.
The other allies are Baden, Thuringia and Ferrara.

3b.jpg

3c.jpg

A little something about the war: Since I had to defend myself against TO, I can't attack Bohemia.
You can see how effective my Cavalry Corps is becoming. Bohemia is beaten quickly by Austria and
the german minors. Austria becomes the master in a personal union with the palatinate.

3d.jpg

Next, something very unexpected happens, Poland is chosen as the next Holy Roman Emperor.
I Quickly check how this could happen and see the picture below. The last HRE has died and
a regency council is now ruling there. Therefore the electors are very divided, and only one vote (Austria)
was enough to make me emperor. This gives Poland 50k extra manpower (which I didn't really need atm,
since my 15k was more than enough). Also we have to defend the states of the Empire, which could give us some free wars.
And the emperor won't intervene against us, since we're the emperor.

3e.jpg

I decide it's time to defeat the Teutonic Order and release Pskov. I notice that they're guaranteing (don't believe this is the correct word)
Luneburg. But my relations with Luneburg are too good, so I send them an insult to decrease relations. A month later, I declare war
on Luneburg, And all these german states join them, Switserland becomes the leader of their alliance. My allies also join me.\

3f.jpg

The war against the order is easy, as Lithuania helps me defeat them, I make the following peace-deal: cede wenden, renounce your claims on my land,
release pskov and give me 50 ducats. They accept, but I'm still in a war with some german minors. Austria closes a peace with Switserland for one of their two provinces.

3g.jpg

Right away I ask Pskov to become my vassal, and they accept the first time!

3h.jpg

I just looked it up, but my relations with Lithuania aren't really good, they're at 24, so I have to increase them. Or I might be in danger of losing my personal Union with them.

Teaser for my next AAR: religion will play a big part in this game....

The end of a Union

After I noticed my relations with Lithuania were very bad I start improving these relationships by building
an Embassy in Wenden. This boosts our relation by 50.

4a.jpg

I'm still at war with Lüneburg, Brunswick and Münster, neither of them has a big army, and I can easily siege their cities.

4b.jpg

Anhalt offers me a Royal Marriage, and I accept. I quickly check whether I can form an alliance with them, Hoping I can diplovassalize them.
Our chances are 'likely' and they accept.

4c.jpg

I start sending gifts to both Lithuania, to make the most out of our personal union, and anhalt, to diplovassalize them.
The gifts to anhalt are only 6.9 ducats, but those to Lithuania are quite expensive (41.2).

4d.jpg

I have finished the war with the german minors, and took Osnabrück, Brunswick and Lüneburg.
However, I get revolts in both Brunswick and Lüneburg. I Quickly ask access into Magdeburg to
keep one of my armies alive.

4e.jpg

After the war has ended, my hard work with anhalt has paid off, they accept my offer to become a vassal, and I sell them Brunswick and Lüneburg.
I can't sell Osnabrück, as they are not connected to that city. I also sell Wenden to Pskov.

4f.jpg

The Lithuanians are very fond of their independance. And my charm/money offensive doesn't pay off. They send us quite some insults
to try and end the personal union. Actually my king dies sometime later and the union is ended. A black day for Poland. However they
still are our allies and will help us sometimes. The AI seems to do this on more occasions, in my denmark game, Sweden is doing the same thing.

4g.jpg

An tradetech advisor arrives and I hire him. I always like tech advisors more than others, with a few exceptions.

4h.jpg

I was gaining 0.05 missonaries a year, and I decide to send the one missionary I now have to Ruthenia, they are converted within a few months.
The revolt on the second picture is an orthodox army that revolted in Lithuania and walked into Ruthenia.

4i.jpg

4j.jpg

Lithuanian rebels revolt in Wenden, and I have to help the Pskovians out, I need both my cavalry armies to defeat the rebels.

4l.jpg

My artist has died and I can hire this philosopher, who boosts my prestige by 1%.

4m.jpg

Poland has reached the next Land lvl and I can now train these guys, one advantage of the eastern unit group is your cavalry.
Where the latins have got nothing between Knights and Caracolles (at lvl 16 or something), we have got quite some more cavalry types in between.

4n.jpg

4o.jpg

I notice a good opportunity to increase the size of my vassals. If i declare war on Magdeburg,
I will be able to gain 4 provinces for anhalt, and also 1 province for Pskov (TO has been made a 2 province country by denmark.

4p.jpg

The polish cavalry should to be in Samogitia before Lithuania, so it can be sold to Pskov. They succeed and easily defeat the Order's armies.

4q.jpg

4r.jpg

The Berliners are a tougher nut to crack, but I defeat them first at Ruppin. After a little Pingpong, their armies are finally beaten at Neumark.

4s.jpg

4t.jpg

The swiss are quickly defeated by the Austrians, and I accept their peace offer.

4u.jpg

After this, the once proud armies of the teutonic order get beaten for the last time.

4v.jpg

Denmark has also declared war on the teutons and the danes and pommeranians are at war against the same alliance I'm.
The pommeranians help fight Brandenburg, who is rebuilding his armies in the provinces I'm not besieging.
The danes siege Ostpreusen, and after the siege of Samogitia ended, the peace offer below is accepted. The Danes finish the
Teutonic order once and for all.

4w.jpg

The siege of altmark has finished, but Magdeburg has taken Lüneburg. I take Lüneburg back, and
then I'm able to annex Magdeburg.

4x.jpg

4y.jpg

After the sieges in Brandenburg are done, I get Ruppin, Neumark and Potsdam from Brandenburg.

4z.jpg

the newly acquired provinces of Ruppin, Potsdam and Altmark are sold for nothing to Anhalt.
Pskov gets samogitia for free.

4aa.jpg

In 1444 I start increasing my armies. After this process is done I have an army of 30k warriors.
20.000 cavalry, divided in two armies. And 10.000 footsoldiers, grouped into 5 siegegroups.

4ab.jpg

At the end of this update, and overview of my situation. My reputation is very high, 19.10.
I usually freak out when it's only at thirteen or something, so I'm gonna relax and wait for some cores to pop up.

4ac.jpg

I didn't even have Anhalt as a vassal before this update, but it has grown alot now. Anhalt has six provinces, and
There are two more provinces waiting to make the connection and join them.

4ad.jpg

Pskov is not growing very fast, since it is surrounded by big neighbours. But it is a three province vassal now.

4ae.jpg

Croatia is still a two-province country.

4af.jpg

Teaser: 1244 and 1312 are two very important years for the nation I will be playing.
(someone should be able to figure this out, it's not hard)

You'll be playing as the Knights or some other Crusader state if I'm not mistaken?

:)

//Saulta

Saulta said:
You'll be playing as the Knights or some other Crusader state if I'm not mistaken?

:)

//Saulta

Knights is correct, magna mundi makes the knights a lot more playable than it is in vanilla. The tongues help a lot, and also the removal of the strait to turkey and the fact that you need 8k man to besiege rhodes are very good for them.

1244: the final loss of jerusalem
1312: the end of the knights templar (the knights hospitaller received lots of their possessions)

For a long time, there has been the Polish wish to conquer Hungarian territory. When Hungary got into a war against
the Ottomans, the poles saw their opportunity. They declared war on Genoa, whose allies are Serbia, Burgundy, Venice
and Hungary. The plan was that the Austrians would keep the genoese, Venetians and burgundians busy, while the Polish people,
with the help of their Vassals would defeat Hungary.

5a.jpg

A total overview of the war:

5b.jpg

The hungarian armies are all fighting the Ottomans, and the Polish soldiers start besieging as much cities as possible.
The Austrian are earlier in Sopron than we are but we besiege the other important cities. Pskov also brings 6000 warriors
into this war.

5c.jpg

One of the two big armies of Hungary has returned to defend their homeland, but my great king Kazimierz IV is a great shock-general
with a large cavalry army. The Hungarian army is tired from dighting the Ottomans and gets beaten over and over again.

5d.jpg

The last remnants of this Hungarian army is defeated in Croatia. Before that last battle, there wasn't even one full regiment of
cavalry left.

5e.jpg

Just a few weeks later the second Hungarian army has returned from Ottoman Territory. Meanwhile some cities have already fallen to
the polish forces, and a lot of them are about to fall to those same armies.

5f.jpg

When it became clear that the Hungarians couldn't win this war on two fronts, their allies started to leave them. Burgundy, Milan
and Serbia offered Poland a white peace. These offers were all accepted, leaving only three enemy nations to fight.

5g.jpg

The Hungarians have trained some new armies, which have joined up with the second army. Both the Royal Cavalry
and the Armia z Krakow (both Cavalry armies) are send to defeat this strong Hungarian presence.

5h.jpg

At the battle of osijek, the Polish armies deal a very heavy blow to the defenders of Hungary. In a few moments, almost fourthousand
Hungarian men are killed.

5i.jpg

These last Hungarian forces are totally annihilated after the battle of Szolnok. Also, the Austrians have closed a Peace deal with Hungary,
receiving ownership of Sopron.

5j.jpg

During this war, Novgorod and their ally Wallachia declare war on Lithuania. We join on Lithuania's side,
as do Muscovy and Denmark. Wallachia takes back Besarabia for Hungary, so I send in my Cavalry to take care of the 5000
wallachian Warriors.

5k.jpg

The war against Hungary is at an end, and hungary gives us Croatia, Osijek, Ersekjuvar and Pressburg.

5l.jpg

This war in the North lookse worse than it is, the Novgorodians have taken quite some cities. But their armies are not that big.
And when my armies have arrived on this battlefield, Novgorod is beaten. Lithuania gains Kholm in the peace deal.

5m.jpg

Danzig and Warmia are now seen as being part of the heart of Poland, therefore, the Prussian culture now gets accepted by the Poles.

5n.jpg

5o.jpg

With these cores, we now have 60 ducats left every year. This allows us to increase the size of our army.
After this increase our army has three cavalry groups (2x 9k and 1x 7k=25k cavalry) and five groups of infantry,
all with 3000 footsoldiers. Our army now consists of 40.000 warriors.

5p.jpg

5q.jpg

We get an alliance offer from Flanders, they are actually quite big, so I decide to accept this.

5r.jpg

We get a Hungarian revolt in Ersekjuvar, but one of my cavalry armies totally defeats them in one battle.
eastern cavalry is so sweet :D...

5s.jpg

Lithuania got into a war against Muscovy, Georgia and Hungary. I declined to join them, I would be able to gain anything from it,
since I'm already seen as a very bad boy. And besides, if Lithuania gets weaker, I will also have an easier time defeating them.
They actually are the ecquals of Muscovy, but Hungary and Georgia can freely take the southern cities.

5t.jpg

The slider timer rings, and I move one more step towards centralization. I'm at the limit now,
exactly in the middle. Lithuania actually gets a white peace from the last war, but they are starting to get rebel
problems. They also offered to renew our former alliance and I accept.

5u.jpg

Podlasia gets taken by Polish patriots, giving me a core on this land. However the Lithuanians defeat these rebels.

5v.jpg

In the next years, I get quite some revolts, both in my lands and in the lands of Anhalt. But they're all put down.
The Lithuanians however are not that successful. Ukraine declares itself independent, and new rebels keep popping up.

5w.jpg

I hire an extra diplomat, to reduce my badboyview as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, the Lithuanian land is in anarchy,
They have to fight an independence war against the Ukraine, and they have three quite large rebel armies fighting against them.
Will Lithuania survive??....

5x.jpg

Last edited:
just a few notes from myself:

-at the moment I'm studying for some tests, but i'm not the kind of person that studies more than 6 hours a day. also the korfbalseason is over, so i've got a lot of time, expect to see a big daily update in the few coming weeks. in two weeks I'm gonna work, and probably make week of around 50 hours, so don't expect to much then.
-If MMP comes out i'm gonna end this aar, but with the speed i'm playing atm, I might finish this one, before that happens...
-at the moment badboy is becoming a problem, especially because I've got crap kings, I've only seen one lvl 6 diplo, but have had a lvl 3 and 4 diplo king suling for 50 years or something. I'm thinking about becoming a republic, so I can have a diploruler chosen.
-one last note about austria, I think I did very well in keeping them relatively small. since most of the wars they are in, are my wars. I can take care of sieging before they do, and I am making peace deals that doesn't give them anything. They might however pose a problem in Italy later on, where they have taken 4 strategic provinces. If i succeed in getting mantua as a vassal, i cant sell them more than 6 provinces, without going to war with either a big france or austria. And they have got about 40k cavalry and 60k infantry, in armies of 15k to 25k soldiers. For now I'm gonna just build my strength and wait for the right moment to fight them....