• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He wasn't joking completely, I think: AI seduction will ensure the seducers, as well as their partners, will already have lovers and likely also rivals, which prevents the event from happening for them. Since the event can happen to any courtier (with your wife only being the randomly selected partner), this reduces its frequency quite a lot.

That's why ironically, turning AI seduction focus on now reduces the likelihood of your wife having an affair (because the event is otherwise more likely than her being targeted and consenting to a seducer).
Yup, not joking at all. AI seducers cause lots of courtiers to end up with at least one lover or rival, rendering them immune to the event. If your wife takes a lover, the likely options are left to be the celibate or eunuch, and then, who cares?

You're forgetting that when the AI uses Seduction your wife may very well be the one they make their lover, so while having AI Seduction on reduces the risk of your wife gaining a lover by the specific event discussed above, it overall increases the risk of her getting a lover.

You're forgetting that when the AI uses Seduction your wife may very well be the one they make their lover, so while having AI Seduction on reduces the risk of your wife gaining a lover by the specific event discussed above, it overall increases the risk of her getting a lover.
Except AI seduction has a lot of rules that go with it. Yes, I'll often see my wife wooed. I'll also often see my wife with the "rejecting seduction attempts" modifier, which is golden.