• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(733534)

Corporal
1 Badges
May 2, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
In CIM1 I find angry people walking just a short distance changing to another line, but in CIM2 I observed large amount of "red faced" walking to their destination. It usually take a quarter to half a day walking, and I can't think up a reason why they don't take a taxi or drive themselves.

It's good to wait longer, there's always vehicles not full just minutes later. Or they can take another line just like what they do in CIM1.

There's no reason to walk all the way. If your plane or train from New York to LA is late or full, are you so angry to decide to walk all the way across the USA? Just book another ticket!

I hope this could be fixed ASAP.

BTW, I wish you can bring "People at xxx stop is not happy" message to CIM2.

Upvote 0
This is another failure of the game's AI. The AI is seriously overdue for a radical makeover, but sadly CO will not even acknowledge that there is a problem! :mad:

Unfortunately they do acknowledge that WE, the customers, have a problem. According to CO the AI is working exactly as planned
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?721802-Stop-buying-content-DLC!/page2
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?721802-Stop-buying-content-DLC!/page3

Unfortunately they do acknowledge that WE, the customers, have a problem. According to CO the AI is working exactly as planned
Is this is CO's opinion of us, their customers?
If so, it shows signs of an arrogance that could lead to a fall! Loosing all their loyal customers. :sad:

In CIM1 I find angry people walking just a short distance changing to another line, but in CIM2 I observed large amount of "red faced" walking to their destination. It usually take a quarter to half a day walking, and I can't think up a reason why they don't take a taxi or drive themselves.

It's good to wait longer, there's always vehicles not full just minutes later. Or they can take another line just like what they do in CIM1.

There's no reason to walk all the way. If your plane or train from New York to LA is late or full, are you so angry to decide to walk all the way across the USA? Just book another ticket!

I hope this could be fixed ASAP.

BTW, I wish you can bring "People at xxx stop is not happy" message to CIM2.

Take another line like in CIM 1 makes sense as this is quite close to what happens in real life and in terms of games, this would also increase cim's chance of taking public transportation instead of just giving up and use cars. But if CO really wants to take an "easier" approach, they can teleport the cims back to their home, wipe the slate clean and have them start taking the line again or explore a new line to the same or different destination. That way it might also be easier on the calculation.

This is another failure of the game's AI. The AI is seriously overdue for a radical makeover, but sadly CO will not even acknowledge that there is a problem! :mad:

Actually CO does just the opposite. Not only is there no problem the AI works exactly as intended, despite many many many complaints to the contrary. They claim that it works perfectly and changing it would cause cpu usage to skyrocket. I have yet to see people complain about excessive cpu usage especially since they took care of the long loading times at crowded stops.