• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the Geographic map mode. Granted it's not particularly useful when you're expanding your holdings, or fighting a war, etc.... But I find it pretty to look at, and relaxing along with some of the more relaxing peace-time music.

It is useful when fighting a war, it's the only time I use it - to get a quick overview of the terrain so I can pick my battlefield to ensure I'm defending in hills or mountains or attacking on plains.

Oh, goodness! I am *so* put in my place by some pimply leftist (*) in his mother's basement.

Almost everyone in the world is descended of peasants ... and, before that, of savages. The difference between me and most of you reading this is that in my case, one finds the savages just four generations previous.

(*) one can always recognize a leftist by what they consider scorn-worthy -- which is always the very people or sort of people they claim to champion.

And one can always recognize a right-winger by their arrogance and rudeness.

Reactions:
Oh, goodness! I am *so* put in my place by some pimply leftist (*) in his mother's basement.

Almost everyone in the world is descended of peasants ... and, before that, of savages. The difference between me and most of you reading this is that in my case, one finds the savages just four generations previous.

(*) one can always recognize a leftist by what they consider scorn-worthy -- which is always the very people or sort of people they claim to champion.

That is not the way we discuss issues on this forum. Please stay more mature, civil and friendly.

Since, this has become a bit of a wishlist thread:
I would find a link from the ambition "kill X" to the murder target helpful - otherwise one has to go to character search, enter name and identify the correct one, quite tedious.

Maybe the'll also get rid of that damned, stupid, ugly, totally worthless "geographic" mapmode that they always make the default in all their games.

That mapmode is nice for admiring your land.

I admit I don't use it much, but I would hate the game if they removed it. Perhaps they just need to make it more useful for peace-time governing in the next iteration of the series (revealing more visual information and such).

Player mapmode would be nice.