• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thanks for the great patch! Looking forward to testing these improvements. I just hope they fix the problem of little policing in the city soon, it seems that the police work very little and there aren't many criminals in prison.

Thanks for the patch, I've just tested it and it's had a massive impact on performance in most areas of my city. I'd been holding off on posting some simple benchmarking I'd done after a CPU upgrade but if anyone wants to see the sort of uplift the patch can give I've posted them here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-3600-vs-7800x3d-with-1-0-18-numbers.1617065/ (spoiler, I've seen FPS more than double in some cases).

Have a good (and well deserved holiday) CO!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Imho it's worth already checking the overall performance as easing some load on GPU as well as improving the simulation itself can also mean easing some load on CPU side ;)
Tested it, but as expected, my system hits the limit if I have around 100K people. No change, the simulation speed is too slow.

With smaller cities around 60K, I saw huge performance improvements, but as long as we do not have official mod support the game does not offer a lot of decorations to build beautiful villages or small cities, I will not play it.
I have to wait.

CO wants to publish the game on console and my CPU has about the same performance, therefore I assume CO has to improve the CPU performance a lot and is willing to invest time into it. The current performance would be too weak to publish it on console unless CO wants a second PR disaster.
The GPU improvements were quite impressive, if CO can do the same for CPU performance, that would be great.

• 5Like
Reactions:
This is great for the pc version you guys have fun. But while us console ppl patiently wait for cs2 can some please fix the bugs for cs1 and remastered so we can pass the time and play it while we wait please.

(And b4 anyone says just get a PC, some of actually prefer console over PC thanks)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
No fixes for the post system being broken by the cargo rail station and freight harbor?
Isn't that already fixed in a previous patch?

• 2Like
Reactions:
My city has ground to a halt with traffic. Even if I reload the original save game (from version 15f), results in the same behaviour but somewhere else. Behaviour only started happening with this update.

Lots of different service vehicles have decided to stop and refuse to despawn. Its mostly Road Service maintenance vehicles all over the map bugging out. Hearses I have also seen seen block intersections when Ive done a reload. Ive attached a save game after the original saved game with time progressed, with multiple instances of this happening, saved game spawn points to one of the service vehicles.
1702570420286.png

Also Bus lanes still dont work and allow all vehicle types to use as shown on this map :(

Have a Merry Christmas Colossal Order :)

Attachments

• service vehicle locked.cok
    65,8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is there a roadmap for CPU performance improvements? Even while paused the game pins all cores to 60%. While unpaused, every core is maxed. The game almost keeps up at 1x simulation speed but isn't close to playable at 2x/4x. I have a decently sized city (180k pop) but I don't think this is a reasonable limit.

The spam system isn't letting me include the name of my CPU, but it has 10 cores and should be more than capable of doing better here.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Really liking the new lane changing behaviour. Much smoother! Now question is if the AI is smart enough. Still seeing a bit of ridiculous lane changes every here and there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My city has ground to a halt with traffic. Even if I reload the original save game (from version 15f), results in the same behaviour but somewhere else. Behaviour only started happening with this update.

Lots of different service vehicles have decided to stop and refuse to despawn. Its mostly Road Service maintenance vehicles all over the map bugging out. Hearses I have also seen seen block intersections when Ive done a reload. Ive attached a save game after the original saved game with time progressed, with multiple instances of this happening, saved game spawn points to one of the service vehicles. View attachment 1062818

Also Bus lanes still dont work and allow all vehicle types to use as shown on this map :(

Have a Merry Christmas Colossal Order :)
Please make a separate bug report instead of here. No one is going to look at your issue and your map in this thread.

Dont see the fix of land value and still the issue ingame .... so not fixed ?
This patch is mainly about performances and other game-breaking high-priority fixes.

The issues you are seeing are considered mid-priority unfortunately.