• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they make truces last longer when they had already removed warscore scaling. I can only demand on average 6 provinces from a 100 province Ottoman Empire. Assuming I take 100% warscore in each war, it would take 200 years to annex them.

I feel sorry for anyone trying to play Manchu and wanting to conquer ming.

No changes for france?

I think the following would impact France quite heavily especially in the early game, if I am understanding it correctly:

- Removed manpower impact from productionsize, to be tied to increased by 5% from each military tech.

As I understand it, they removed the manpower impact of goods produced? The wording of this is really unclear.

Can anyone, f.ex. from PI confirm or clarify the change?

- Republics no longer become Monarchies at 0 Republican Tradition. Instead, they have a chance to become a Dictatorship if they fall below 40 RT, with the chance depending on how low it is.
- Countries that becomes dictatorships will return to previous government form when the dictator dies.

So Republics can never become the Holy Roman Emperor now? Or is Dictator a valid government to form HRE?

- Annul treaty now lasts 10 years.
- Truce length now scales to the amount of warscore taken in the peace, from 5 years at white peace to 15 years at 100% warscore.

There goes the conquest game. Blobbing ultra nerfed.

- IA no longer gained when princes convert to the Emperor's religion.
- IA is once again lost when princes convert away from the Emperor's religion.

Becoming Emperor is getting very hard it seems. Unless you start inside the HRE.

- Overextension over 100% now increases revoltsize by multiplying with OE.

So now rebels are going to literally rip your country apart if you conquest too much?

- Created decisions to reform a monarchy into Merchant/Noble republic.

How can a Republic even become a Monarchy now? Above, you said that they become Dictators for life and then revert
back to being a Republic on leaders death.

Not so sure about this patch. Might have to wait for 1.8.

Why did they make truces last longer when they had already removed warscore scaling. I can only demand on average 6 provinces from a 100 province Ottoman Empire. Assuming I take 100% warscore in each war, it would take 200 years to annex them.

Break truces? I wish the patch would come out so I could try it, stability was already trash for republics.

Well here is to hoping that WS Scaling or something is one of the "Hidden" Changes of the patch.

So now rebels are going to literally rip your country apart if you conquest too much?

If it's as I read it - and there is an unwritten "instead of raising RR full stop" - then it's an excellent change, because the most stable regions of your nation will still be stable, less stable regions could waver a bit and unstable regions will explode, instead of a uniform increase in RR.

Uuuuuh. I don't get it. What do you guys want us to do in this game? Go to war for nothing?

But when you think about this in the context of "annul treaties now lasts 10 years", this means that if you go to war against a France-Russia alliance and solely break their alliance in the peace treaty the truce length will be shorter than the annul treaties allowing you to target one of France/Russia before they are able to re-make their alliance. So taken together probably a good change in my opinion.

For me the annoying one is "Overextension over 100% now increases revoltsize by multiplying with OE.", this is going to result in some serious ridiculous rebellions when I reach 300% OE :angry:

Not big on the extended truce period. It kind of limits what I can do if I'm playing in Africa, for example. There just aren't enough neighbors to engage with, and if I can only war every 15 years with my neighbor then I just spend a lot of time sitting there on speed 5.

Also,

So... even more rebels? :eek:

Last edited:
If it's as I read it - and there is an unwritten "instead of raising RR full stop" - then it's an excellent change, because the most stable regions of your nation will still be stable, less stable regions could waver a bit and unstable regions will explode, instead of a uniform increase in RR.
Nice catch - if you're right over extension shouldn't directly increase revolt risk, but rather increase revolt risk in high risk provinces.
Solves a large part of the "OE is not accurately depicting what it should represent" and also the whole "rebel whack-a-mole" while you have large OE.
I'd much rather fight off huge RR in a small area that average RR spread over a humongous area.

Breaking truces gives huge amounts of AE now.

Maybe not good for Europe then. I just tested with Serbia on day 1, I don't get a ton from Europe, only the Muslim world (expected, but just had to be sure). In China (or any not christian areas), nobody is a threat so it would be better I suppose.

The patch notes say revoltsize, not revolt risk. So presumably if you're at 150% OE you'll have 50% larger revolts.
Damn, you're right. So now I'll be still whacking those moles all over my huge empire, it's just that they'll be bigger at high OE. Thank you, Paradox!

- American Dream DLC events can now trigger from a Thirteen Colonies in revolt.

Finally! After 3 major patch releases they finally got around to doing this. I'm glad, still mad at how long it took though. I'll still say HAPPY DAY!

- Truce length now scales to the amount of warscore taken in the peace, from 5 years at white peace to 15 years at 100% warscore.

Oh...nevermind. I think EUIV stopped being a fun game in the last patch, but this is sort of like the stake through the heart. If I'm gonna be sitting around at my desk doing nothing, I'd rather be reading or some such. Not staring at my map of Europe.

Nice catch - if you're right over extension shouldn't directly increase revolt risk, but rather increase revolt risk in high risk provinces.
Solves a large part of the "OE is not accurately depicting what it should represent" and also the whole "rebel whack-a-mole" while you have large OE.
I'd much rather fight off huge RR in a small area that average RR spread over a humongous area.

It says it increase REVOLTSIZE as in number of rebels that will appear. Does nothing to revolt risk, that will be the same as before.
Basically at 300% OE, the rebels will be 300% more than at 100% or less.

Truce change is so lame, but I guess it is the cherry on top of the "sit there and do nothing" cake that Paradox is giving us.

Status
Not open for further replies.