• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These changes are most welcome, I am excited to dive into a new game come Monday!

50% capped morale for armies in navies + more but smaller horde regiments are going to make it so you don't have to use gamey tactics to defeat hordes and thus makes fighting hordes more interesting.

Also love how the AI will now setup antipopes. Modding features are also sweet, especially the income modifier for titles & the hold_election effect for republics, those'll be handy!

Hm can't see a change to event troops. I was hoping for a reverse mechanic, kind of like for building up invasion troops. For example a few hundred desert every month after about 1 or 2 year's after the invasion/event happened.

I hope the AI splinting up will resolve the event doom stack problem enough.

Wow, it will take some considerable time to digest this! Armies on ships are capped at 50% morale..., well, obviously one shouldn't long too much for amphibious landings with an immediate, consecutive battle.

Crusades Jihads etc

So for the Great Holy Wars Jihads Crusades etc they can now be called anythime and does it come in the patch or in SOA?

Wow, it will take some considerable time to digest this! Armies on ships are capped at 50% morale..., well, obviously one shouldn't long too much for amphibious landings with an immediate, consecutive battle.

Yeah, the cap does suddenly make boat-bombing a bit less exploitative :laugh:

Characters of a religion where priests are not allowed to marry will now divorce their wives if ordained

Not too sure about that - didn't they used to just supposedly practice celibacy in cases where they had a pre-Bishopric wife (who was still alive)? Would be perhaps more interesting if they could either go celibate or divorce (or potentially just do neither).

There's yet another thing

- Added 'priests_can_inherit' to religions

There are a few Catholic examples, if a priest was the only male heir left, where the Pope could grant a dispensation and relieve someone of his vows, so that he could succeed (but leaving behind his ecclesiastic carreer).

"- When marrying betrothed characters, the AI will now always propose the type of marriage agreed upon in the betrothral"

YES!!

No more accidental matrilineal marriages! ^_^

- Concubines will no longer have marriage ambitions as they cannot get married

Its strange how much I dislike this change. I guess nobody else liked to pension off concubines with marriage ambitions early, whilst they were still in their child-bearing years, and try to get them a good marriage? I would much rather the ban on marriage for concubines be lifted and give one or two ticks of negative for 'is concubine' (or require a cash dowry) in the marriage proposal pane.

I guess I'm modding those ambition back in. Maybe a 'desires upgrade to wife' one too if I can work it out.

Armies on ships are capped at 50% morale..., well, obviously one shouldn't long too much for amphibious landings with an immediate, consecutive battle.

I appreciate the reason for this, to make the gamey tactic not so attractive, but it will also make it much more difficult to defeat rebels in one province islands. Perhaps just need twice as many troops. On the plus side, it'll make it easier to stay or become independent playing one of those one province islands.