• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any idea what the nerf to the Border Friction relations malus is? It's what I'm looking forward to the most, giving how my (Ottomans) relations with Persia dropped from +25 to below -100 just because I gained a border with them from the Caspian Sea to the Persian Gulf overnight due to integrating a PU'd Qara Koyunlu (which itself didn't and wouldn't give any relations malus to anyone who isn't in a PU under me), at which point a mere -20 something from annexing one measly province from Oman prompted Persia to join a coalition against me.

WHich is what he was saying. Get voted as emperor, Add England to HRE.

Except that does not work, you can not join the HRE if you are more than a few provinces big by making your capital join, the only way in is to be voted emperor then add your capital.

Well as Poland in game start you can join the HRE but England would be too big. However it was addressed when they said "Then, assuming that it's the Emperor,". Another possibility would be to vassalise Scotland, sell most of your English provinces, join HRE and then annex Scotland and form GB. I assume that would work.

Lastly, I believe that the conditions for joining the HRE is to be smaller than the current emperor. How small whether 1 province smaller or several I do not know.