• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I'm not trying to bash here I'm just trying to tell it like it is so please don't be condescending (I remember when the devs and fanboys would talk down to people who criticized the Great War system

Did we? I guess I will stick with that then:
Forts do give a defensive bonus, the fact that you don't know that invalidates all your other points. LOL.

Also, the idea that because we (apparently) disagreed with some critics means we can never change anything is absurd. I'm not sure why you bring that up at all, it's a strange point to make and only detracts from the main point of your post. If you actually want serious replies you should probably stick to just your main question/points without trying to "score points" over people, otherwise they get annoyed and address your provocations instead. Like this.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear what you think of the combat system and my suggestions as well as the other peoples.

Personally I don't mind the combat system itself, and I don't think movement being attack fits pre-WWI. The main problem I have with V2 wars is the AI being too easy to suck into a massive battle and wipe out, as various people here have said. Aside from that, the UI should be improved so you see things like forts in combat and recon vs dig in values. Finally, "sieges" could be faster, although I did nerf the occupation time effect of forts majorly in AHD already. But if I was to overhaul anything, it would be naval combat, it should be a lot more interesting in this game.

Anyway, not promising we'll do anything like that, it's just my thoughts.

Almost none (any?) of which are in the game although gas and tanks are.... Its WW1 according to WW1 Poets and Blackadder goes Fourth.

Gas isn't really a breakthrough weapon in V2 though, assuming roughly equal tech levels the other side will soon develop gas defense, so after a few initial surprise attacks the effect of gas is fairly minimal unless you are fighting lower tech nations. As for tanks, I've always thought that the scale of provinces means that battles are assumed to include both the break in and breakout, that is you only take the province if you manage a successful breakout, so why you failed to breakout doesn't really matter, it's abstracted, all that matters is that you did.