• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by vcarter707
wait...there are other island countries?

Yup. If you would like the Micronesia and Marshall Islands tags to go to two blank island countries, such as Tuvalu (Ellice Islands), Kiribati (Gilbert Islands) or Nauru (Yaren), then maybe that would be a better crusade.

Lunar said:
I thought you didn't care any more now that you have some 3 other island nations to play in the Pacific. We didn't realize at the time that the islands were completely under the US for defense.

VC, that was an old post.
But, I think we should add them to the game now, and this is why:
The ruling bars companies from U.S. allies such as France, Germany, Russia and Canada from bidding on prime contracts because their governments opposed the American-led war that ousted Saddam Hussein's regime. Countries that contributed troops and supported the effort -- such as Italy, Africa, Micronesia, Spain, Japan, Rwanda and Afghanistan -- will be able to bid on prime contracts

What do you think?

Lunar said:
They just simply aren't worth a tag. They are too small, too isolated, and are completely dependant militarily on the US!

What country will we get rid of for them?

Yes, very true. BUT, they WERE important enough to be mentioned in a news article for their support of the war in Iraq :D

But, seriously now, I don't think they are worth it, and should just be part of the U.S.

poppy7143 said:
Well, I think they would be more likely to join the US then help china because they are our allies in the war on terror and have a big terrorist problem themselves

Indonesia is hardly a democracy, and the US is going to alienate the Muslim countries even more in our mod by pegging Syria and perhaps Iran. And then there is the fact that China is very different from the War on Terror, I can't see Indonesia declaring war on China.

Lunar said:
Indonesia is hardly a democracy, and the US is going to alienate the Muslim countries even more in our mod by pegging Syria and perhaps Iran. And then there is the fact that China is very different from the War on Terror, I can't see Indonesia declaring war on China.

I agree. It just doesn't seem to make sense for Indonesia to get into a war with China.

Jace said:
Ya but my gf lives there lol how am i gonna explain this to her lol. anyway i dont know whouldnt they stay nutrale

Yes. However, if the difficulty is changed to make it harder for the CotW, then they will be much more likely to side with the Chinese.

Lunar said:
Yup. If you would like the Micronesia and Marshall Islands tags to go to two blank island countries, such as Tuvalu (Ellice Islands), Kiribati (Gilbert Islands) or Nauru (Yaren), then maybe that would be a better crusade.

Wow, actually knowing a few things about Pacific islands history (guess where that gets you in life :( ), hopefully I can help.

If you were doing a Cold War mod the easy answer would be to have the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (TTPI), which would include the FSM, Marshalls, Palau, and CNMI). It would be a very important part of a Cold War mod given the US nuclear testing program in the Marshalls. It would be interesting to model their eventual partition into the different forms of political organization (commonwealth and free association, and as an interesting alternative history, independence).

That said, I know this isn't a Cold War mod, so it gets more complicated. You would have to include each separate entity and you would quickly run out of tags.

Were I to pick the two unusued Pacific Islands of greatest contemporary relevance, I'd pick the Marshalls because of the Kwajalein Missile Range and Fiji, which has a very interesting recent history and ethnic composition and is the biggest power among the Pacific islands, if you can call it that. Still, this is bound to be a very boring choice, only for those who find playing with Hawaii in Victoria to be "too exciting." ;)

But it would be great nonetheless to have some representation from the Pacific islands. Including one of the Freely Associated States (FAS) (Marshalls, FSM or Palau) would be cool BECAUSE of their military pact with the US - it is an airtight mutual defense agreement, and could conceivably result in a great power war if someone starts to mess with them.

Finally, the default Paradox map is hopelessly inaccurate in terms of the geographic locations of the Pacific islands in general, and especially Micronesia. Most glaring - Nauru is not further north than the Carolines.

Mate fist of all I would not call Fiji a power of anything with that said I thing that Fiji should be under Australian control as well as the Solomon (Australia has troops there any way) and Indonesia should most defiantly be in the game it throws Australia off in the area by it’s way the government runs things like how they support the war on terrorism and for this the Australians turn a Blind eye on the civilians that Indo kills each with the military (either by shooting them on mass or by just dropping a bomb from a plane), just think of the event Indo play gets-people in the outer Islands are demanding independence a) let them have it (forms about 4 new countries in the area and throws indo out as a power) b) drop just a few bombs (discontent -1% activates Aust. Stops to think) or c) kill the all!!(Discontent -5% activates Aust. Stops to think, 50% chance of um, sir I’ve got bad news)

Aust. Stops to think-a) what what can’t see a thing go away (+1 discontent 20% chance change of gov. all ministers are lost) b) bad Indo bad( indo aligns more with chin) WHAT ARE THEY DOING!!!(War with Indo- activates (that’s just bloody brilliant- Aust. All pupated state gets FREEDOM!!-from indo)

Um sir I’ve got news-activates all puppet states get FREEDOM!! And go to war with indo.

That’s just bloody brilliant-activates Aust. Pulls out of war on terror, full allies with Malaysia (how by the way should have territory clams on Borneo), and Singapore (who don’t like indo any way) and India (who have the largest volunteer in the world and by what I’ve see have been for gotten so it gives them something to do :) ) all treaties with the USA revoked. Note. This all so triggers for the commonwealth or for the yanks- not sure what this should do but it is a possibility in todays world, all so I just put these to gather in about 10min tell me what you think pleas