• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Graf Zeppelin said:
Ahahahaha
ya research is to much micromanagment
why not let the AI control my units? i could watch a movie while it looses

Owwwwwwwww!! LMAO! Wicked funny.

You can rush techs. If I am figuring this right, research bonuses for computers and ministers eats into that 90% penalty no?? If yes, a 20% bonus turns into a 70% penalty, which means it will take you four times as long (30% efective vs. 120%) if you rush, not 10 times as long. You can probably work that down to less than three times as long (50% effective vs. 140%) by the mid 40's.

You just need to figure out ahead of time what's important to you, as you will be paying "opportunity costs" if I remember my econimics prof correctly.

Hmmh, one out of twenty. I guess that doesn't say much for my chances of ever seeing an auto-research checkbox.

I wonder if I could create a bunch of events that would be timed to take my country up through the tech tree on a realistic basis.

A popup telling you to adjust your policy is sorely missed by me. I always forget.

Ganz Anders said:
A popup telling you to adjust your policy is sorely missed by me. I always forget.
Hm i always do it at the 1. Januar in the year but yes it would be a good feature

I´d love to see the HOI research system back, it needed more micromanagment but introduced more diversity into the game.

The HOI2/DD research is practical, still face you with tough decisions but it is a race with no detours or branches...save from a couple of land doctrines choices

At the start of a new campaign in HoI3 a 3-way choice:

a) Complex Research Option - similar to HoI1

b) Streamlined Research Option - similar to Hoi2

c) Auto-Research Option - similar to AI controlled nations, whatever will be the quickest to researched is what get researched. Maybe with the addition that you can prioritise land, sea, air or indusrrial.

How about that?

Last edited:
Unless you tell it not to, the AI will research VOLKSTURM doctrine!