• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Config files:

Best leave DH alone. Don't change any DH files.

Just add your new stuff to the bottom of the individual files.

And mark it for your mod so you can find it easily.

If you have to change DH config files, then make sure the xxxxxxx; are all the same as the rest of the file. Best to check in OpenOffice Calc as you will see an errant x very quickly, as it will be in the wrong column. Save as csv without any problems.

EDIT:

Overall, for everything, I would say the best guide is to get WIF2 and see what FT did and how he did it, and do the same as him.
I have my own mod folder and config files for eveything, thats what I did. Just asking this, as I saw that DHF has emptyied the various additional expansions' config files and transfered the codes to text.csv. Everything is made more smooth and efficient in DHF. So just copy-pasting DHC into a mod folder, then putting DHF on top of it should be the basic way to make your own config base to modify.

WIF2 is probably the best guide :p

I've made many counters before, and never had a problem with any. Why is there an issue with this one is what I don't understand. Also, why do you mean that one has to use that program to make proper counters, and not just save it as a regular 8-bit bmp file? As I said, I've done that many times before and never had a problem.

Tech team pics are supposed to be 24bit? What? All the vanilla tech team pics are 8bit... As are all the other tech team pics I've made, and they work fine.
You are correct.

Have you saved the counter as a png, as this is the type when I open it?

Same for the tech pics? You don't get transparency with bmps.

You are correct.

Have you saved the counter as a png, as this is the type when I open it?

Same for the tech pics? You don't get transparency with bmps.
No, it's an 8-bit BMP. Uploading it turns it into a PNG. Same with the tech team pics. I posted the original images as well, in the other post, and there they are obviously not transparent. I guess I can try making them anew or something, but this is rather strange...

No, it's an 8-bit BMP. Uploading it turns it into a PNG. Same with the tech team pics. I posted the original images as well, in the other post, and there they are obviously not transparent. I guess I can try making them anew or something, but this is rather strange...

If you look at that single counter. Where the flag usually goes, bottom left, it looks like something else?
If you have added this to a previous working counter, it may be messing up the counter and causing the blackness?

If so, you would have to pass that counter, as a 24bit ... through the counter maker.

That is the only other idea I have.

If you look at that single counter. Where the flag usually goes, bottom left, it looks like something else?
If you have added this to a previous working counter, it may be messing up the counter and causing the blackness?
I don't quite understand what you mean..

Anyhow, I used the counter maker, and now it for some bizarre reason works. Really strange, I cannot see any difference between the files in any way... But oh well, it works.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong with the tech team pics? Is there some tech team pic maker?

I don't quite understand what you mean..

Anyhow, I used the counter maker, and now it for some bizarre reason works. Really strange, I cannot see any difference between the files in any way... But oh well, it works.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong with the tech team pics? Is there some tech team pic maker?

No, only coffee and sandwich makers to my knowledge.:D

Can you attach one of those images instead of posting it, and I can then copy it and have a look?

No, only coffee and sandwich makers to my knowledge.:D

Can you attach one of those images instead of posting it, and I can then copy it and have a look?

Sure, here you go:

Raytheon_Aircraft_Company.bmp

Burns-McDonnell.bmp

Possibly, maybe, they should be 72 x 72 DPI. Your pics are 300 dpi.

Huh, I don't really know what DPI to be honest. What is it and how do I change it?

Huh, I don't really know what DPI to be honest. What is it and how do I change it?

I'm not saying that is the reason, it just might be?

If you get Irfanview (free) and you should have it anyway, as you can choose all of your tech pics and change them all in a batch file, will take 2 seconds. Under Image, you can set the DPI to whatever you want.

I'm not saying that is the reason, it just might be?

If you get Irfanview (free) and you should have it anyway, as you can choose all of your tech pics and change them all in a batch file, will take 2 seconds. Under Image, you can set the DPI to whatever you want.

Did that, unfortunately it didn't change anything :(

Did that, unfortunately it didn't change anything :(

I opened up an image in DH/gfx/interface/pics ? where the tech pics are stored in gimp. I also opened up your picture in gimp as well.

I copied your picture over the tech pic and saved it.

In this way your picture acquired the properties of the tech pic. I opened up DH and it displayed perfectably acceptably.

SO, you could copy a tech pic, put it in a folder, do the same and then put it into DH and it should work?

I opened up an image in DH/gfx/interface/pics ? where the tech pics are stored in gimp. I also opened up your picture in gimp as well.

I copied your picture over the tech pic and saved it.

In this way your picture acquired the properties of the tech pic. I opened up DH and it displayed perfectably acceptably.

SO, you could copy a tech pic, put it in a folder, do the same and then put it into DH and it should work?
That's genius! Thank you so much, it works perfectly :)

I am making a mod and it crashes whenever partisan rebels take a province. Not appear, but when they actually seize the province. I'm not sure why... I added some new models to the militia unit, could this have something to do with it?

Also, it crashes at the end of the day when a certain country is at war with another particular country. Those two countries have no diplomatic connections to speak of.

Last edited:
I have a problem when I try to change Soviet Union with Russia: all goes right, but when I enter with any country and click on Xinjiang it crashes and when I enter with Xinjiang it crashes when I click on Mongolia. What I have done wrong? It don't give any error message.

I have a problem when I try to change Soviet Union with Russia: all goes right, but when I enter with any country and click on Xinjiang it crashes and when I enter with Xinjiang it crashes when I click on Mongolia. What I have done wrong? It don't give any error message.

Delete the line "puppet = SOV" from the scenario files of Xinjiang and Mongolia or change it to "puppet = RUS".

I narrowed it down a little, it only happens when a country declares war on Iraq but not the other way around. There appears to be nothing out of the ordinary with Iraq, but if I substitute Iraq with Australia for example the declaration of war works perfectly. Help?