• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well if you manage to recover all the lands of Rome in EU3 I'm sure we can imagine the coring part ourselves. Not quite sure about V2 either, although Im not very familiar with the game and its capabilities. Lets just see how things go!

Exactly what I was thinking!

I'd wouldn't fuss with the conversion to V2. The problem will be that you will be by far the dominant power (your Russia game at least had other strong states that had survived), and you will have all the large empire management problems of V2. Its a perenial problem with most conversation games (& far worse for those that start with CK), in that by the end of the earlier game the player-country is already dominant.

From my own, limited, experience you can do character-narratives for V2 (& there are now some superb examples), but its a case of making it up and imposing it on the game engine, as there is so little you can actually relate to. I'm not sure if AHD is going to offer much more in this regard - though I vaguely recall some discussion about giving the various parties a bit more logic and character?

First, 1000 posts in this thread! :D

Yeah, I agree with you re: narratives in Vicky 2; your own AAR was pretty good, but you already had something of an established framework.

I'm working on an update now!

Chapter 46: The Emperor becomes over confident

Note: I apologize in advance for the length of this update; it's mostly setup for the next one. This will be another visit to the future, after a fashion, as Chapter 30 was.

1 August, 19xx, Castle St. Maso, Rome

The senior archivist in the Imperial library wiped his glasses on a handy rag. He didn't let word spread around too much, but he was actually a direct descendant of Sextus Porcius Cato, sharing the name of his illustrious ancestor. He usually went by a much more Italian name in public, but his colleagues knew his name and his pedigree and respected him all the more as a hereditary noble. He had considerable free time to explore as he liked, which was one of the reasons he took the otherwise low-paying and thankless job. He thought briefly to that nice O'Connor lad and his school report. That had been the last time anybody had actually come to the archive. The much larger and more detailed archive was in the Palazzo di Farnese; only those interested in more esoteric and older history ever came to the Castle St. Maso.

Despite his long service in the archive, he was finding new and exciting things all the time. Earlier that week he'd found a scroll that showed his own lineage, something he'd been looking for for years. Today, however, he was looking through the records of the old Imperial dungeon housed below the Castle. He'd always been fascinated by Napoleone di Farnese and was preparing to write a book on the Chancellor's life, and on a hunch, decided to examine the visitor logs of the dungeon.

He expected and saw Napoleone's wife Yelena, his son Stefano, and even his older brother and Emperor, Peter I. However, he was surprised to find a curious entry for the date of 12 April 1700. The entry read: "Unknown visitor. Attempted to speak with prisoner di Farnese but would not reveal his name. When I refused to let him see the prisoner, he asked me to pass along the following sheets. I read them and found them to be totally harmless. They appear to be the pages of a journal."

When Sextus examined the papers, he was at first startled by a long unused mark on the first leaf of paper. It was two crossed swords with letters above and below. Above the swords was "N.R.I.", which obviously meant Novum Romanum Imperium or the New Roman Empire. The more unusual notation was "S.C." After a moment, his eyes grew wide. He rushed to the notes for his book and finally found the mark.

Sextus mouthed the words Societas Cincinnati, or Society of Cincinnatus. Napoleone di Farnese was identified as the last known Elder of the Society; he'd been imprisoned with Francesco Malaspina, who was known as Number Three. Hands trembling, he began to read.

The first entry was dated 22 January 1700.

Today, the Emperor announced a war against Serbia was beginning.

chapter46war.jpg

It makes a certain sense, I must confess, as Serbia is almost entirely within our Empire yet has escaped our control. Austria and Castille probably will honor any call by Serbia, but I do not anticipate the war going very well for Serbia. I wonder what the Emperor has in mind? Will he be satisfied with Hum or will he try to take lands from Austria and Castille?

If I know the Emperor, I suspect the latter.

Sextus grabbed a reference book from a colleague to find the war that the mysterious man referred to. "Ah, yes. Leopoldo Visconti was Field Marshal. The first official battle -- against the Austrians at Budjak -- took place on 21 February of 1700. There's no item on the defeat of the Serbian army, but I cannot imagine that they lasted long."

chapter46budjak.jpg

Battle report from the Battle of Budjak

The archivist flipped through a few pages that provided little useful information -- the official recognition of Languedoc as an Italian core by France, the plans for an attempted invasion of St. Kitts by Castille, and the appointment papers for General Napoleone Montefeltro. Montefeltro was an interesting general; he was originally a governor in the colonies in North America and earned a promotion only because nobody else would take it. His autobiography was quite colorful, although some of the information must have been entirely invented.

The next page he stopped to read was dated 30 March 1700.

I had dinner with Marshal Contadino the other evening. He really is a great man; the fact that the Emperor actually listens to him would be proof enough, as there are precious few he listens to these days. Even the Empress spends little time with him. He's taken over Chancellor and Foreign Minister himself. With the Elder and Number Three in jail, I suppose that makes sense. The army is in good hands. As a reward, Ettore di Medici was made the Commander of the Legio IX 'Italia' and given the task of capturing Hum. He jumped straight from Lieutenant to Commander, which I'm uneasy with, and not just because of his betrayal. I actually understand his actions and cannot say I would not do the same in his situation. At least he has a strong Lieutenant Commander, that French noble, de Lafayette.

The Marshal showed me an interesting battle report from Barcelona.

chapter46barcelona.jpg

I was glad to see General Visconti's name on the report -- it's good to see him in the field, where he belongs. I don't care much for that mountain of a man that follows him around -- Jean-Baptiste de Neuchâtel. You know the reputation of these Swiss as taciturn? Jean-Baptiste is the very farthest thing from that. The men love his sense of humor and his dry wit. He isn't even a noble! He made up the name 'de Neuchâtel' after reading it in a book or something. I don't even think he's a soldier, since I've never seen his name on any lists of officers, and I see a lot of those. He strikes me as kind of a con man, to be perfectly honest, but he's good for morale, so Matteo puts up with him. It's his decision, I suppose.

The Marshal also sent along this plan from the Field Marshal.

chapter46spanishinvaiso.jpg

It seems reasonable, and it feels good to see our men take the fight to Castille. I think Austria and Serbia will capitulate any day now, and even Sweden's entry into the war won't mean much. The "real" war, so to speak, will be against the Spaniards.

Sextus waved to another colleague who'd been cataloging peace treaties, and found the treaties with Austria and Serbia right away.

chapter46serbia.jpg

chapter46austriavictory.jpg

"Say, Cesare, did you see the treaty for Castille?"

"No, my friend. It must be in another box."

Sextus put that out of his mind and skipped to the very last page of the journal, 12 April 1700, the day that the visitor saw Napoleone di Farnese. It was clearly a direct letter to the Chancellor. Who was this mysterious visitor?

Elder,

I hope you have found this report of events useful in keeping you current on the events in our Empire. I will not be able to come again for some time, but please know that I am working on a way to get you and Number Three out of prison. I do not think it wise to renew our Society, even if you do gain your freedom. Remember Cincinnatus? After he was Dictator for six months, he returned to his farm. We have endured too long and I think that is why we agreed to that mad plan that got David O'Connor killed. As you know, I cannot blame di Medici in the slightest, even if poor Elizabeth and Michael now have no father. Kathleen is a good woman, and I'll sure she'll do her very best, but I do look in from time to time. Even the Emperor feels guilty about that; he's quietly begun removing traces of O'Connor's 'treachery' from official records. Thankfully, the two little ones will probably not remember their father or the gruesome way he died.

If I am to end Peter I's reign of terror as we discussed, I may be forced to reveal my identity to him. I cannot do so to you. I still respect the old laws, just as you do, even though the time for the Society has passed. It is an unpleasant but necessary risk. I am sure you know what revealing my identity to him will mean for the Emperor.

If I do not see you again, I want to thank you for helping to turn my life around. Your friendship has been invaluable, both within the Society and within society. I hope your young Niccolo will be everything you hope he will be.

I will either see you soon or never again.

The signature was nothing but a large IV.

Sextus set down the journal. "The mysterious Number Four?! No clues as to his identity, unfortunately, but I'd thought he was a myth. If I could find out who he was... I might very well do my beloved ancestor justice as a scholar! Maybe I could talk O'Connor into helping me in exchange for some modest payment or credit in my book."

As he mused about his brilliant new book and Brendan O'Connor, he'd missed something.

The handwriting in the journal was very recognizable. It was handwriting he'd seen hundreds of times when studying 18th century Imperial history.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this little departure from normal updates. The next update will be pretty big, with a war against Castille and the dramatic reveal of Number Four.

Stay tuned!

nice little teaser ... and good shift of point of view - like the way all these dramatic events have been reduced to piles of papers in need of proper archiving

But that's what gives historians jobs :)

Chapter 47: The madness passes​

4 May 1700, Valencia, Castille

Benedetto Visconti hadn't had many opportunities to prove his skill while in the field. The invasion of Iberia proper gave him that opportunity, and he did not disappoint.

chapter47valencia.jpg

Although the victory was an excellent feather in his cap, what he really loved were the oranges. He'd had some in Italy, of course, but none were quite as good as the oranges the Spaniards grew.

An aide entered his tent. "General Visconti? You have a visitor."

"Thank you, Lieutenant, and have a couple of oranges. They really are excellent."

The aide saluted and waved in his visitor. "General, sir? My name is Jean-Baptiste de Neuchâtel."

Benedetto gestured towards an available chair while he finished his snack. "Good afternoon. How may I help you?"

"I've been assigned to your command by General Matteo Visconti."

"Of course you have. You've been expected. My brother sent along quite an interesting profile on you."

Jean-Baptiste looked about furtively. "He has, sir?"

Benedetto's grin widened. "Oh yes. You've been claiming to be a Swiss noble, a Colonel, I think. Here's the funny thing, though. Our ambassador to Switzerland has never even heard of you. The Swiss army isn't all that big, so that's something of a headscratcher. Care to explain?"

The Swiss "noble" sighed. "It was worth a shot. I am, as you suspected, not a noble, nor even a soldier. The truth is, I'm a criminal."

Benedetto raised an eyebrow. "And your specialty?"

"I am a very gifted speaker, General, and I am not unattractive. These talents have gained me many a position and other rewards."

Benedetto wrote that down. "Very good. Your actual name?"

"It is Jean-Baptiste, believe it or not. I'm an orphan, born in the canton of Neuchâtel, hence the name I chose. As far as my parents, your guess is as good as mine."

"Why did you attempt to pass yourself off as a soldier? Although you're physically very impressive, and you've certainly got the air of command, I've seen new cadets who are more adept at handling muskets than you."

Jean-Baptiste winced. "I feared that had given me away. I've studied your Empire quite extensively, sir, and I knew that the army has been one of the best ways to achieve high status."

Benedetto looked up for a moment and nodded. "That much is true. In fact, our Marshal was a farmer's son. Like you, he had no real last name."

"So what is to become of me?"

Benedetto consulted his brother's file. "You are to return to Rome."

Jean-Baptiste sighed. "You will deport me back to Switzerland?"

The General chuckled. "Actually, we have a use for you, believe it or not. You are to report to Sforza Maria di Farnese, our Minister of the Interior. I have sent a small company of cavalry ahead to make sure the way back to Gallia is safe. From there, you sail."

The tall Swiss seemed a bit surprised. Still, it was better than being shot in Switzerland, so he nodded and exited the tent. The General called for his aide again.

"Lieutenant? Send a message to my brother and another to Rome. I've identified the mysterious Swiss and have sent him back to Rome, per the Minister's orders."

"Of course, sir. At once."

Benedetto chuckled to himself. "And to think, the file was actually empty!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
18 September 1700, Marshal's office, Florence

Jacopo Contadino squinted at the newest battle report from New Italy in North America. He'd set it atop the map of Castille.

chapter47stkittsmap.jpg

He had even more trouble with the reports in Castille. Two cities had fallen -- Burgos and Madrid -- and Ettore di Medici had won himself a battle in Castilla la Vieja, or something like that.

chapter47castillalaviej.jpg

"I really do need better glasses. I'm not a young man any longer."

A voice from the door laughed. "You certainly aren't, Father."

Jacopo looked up with joy. "Brutus! They didn't tell me you were back in Italy!" Father and son embraced.

"I only just came back. Minister di Farnese had me in Rome preparing a new recruit for his intelligence force."

"The Swiss fellow?"

"The same. I think the Emperor is planning something, but I couldn't say what."

Jacopo chuckled and rubbed his eyes. "You'd be the first to know what he's planning, my son. So tell me, how are you? And how is your brother?"

"I'm still adjusting to life back in civilization. That General Montefeltro is a good sort; I was actually Commander of the Legion at that battle you're looking at. I think he'll do just fine. As for Maurizio, I heard he's working at the Chancellery for now while they sort out that whole mess."

"Glad to hear you're doing well. I'm still amazed that the Emperor released his brother and the Foreign Minister, though."

Brutus shrugged. "I've heard the Empress intervened. That Number Four chap is still at large, and I bet the Minister is going mad looking for him."

"I expect you're right, son. It could also be that the Emperor realized that even he cannot run the entire Empire by himself, and Napoleone was an excellent Chancellor, just as Francesco was a great Foreign Minister."

"I've even told they'll be given their jobs again."

"That makes a lot of sense."

Brutus lowered his voice a bit. "Do you know who Number Four is?"

Jacopo sighed. "No idea. That asinine Sforza is always in here ranting and raving about him. I honestly think that the Society did more good than harm, if you want my opinion. They certainly didn't commit any crimes that I know of."

"The Emperor's wine? The death of Field Marshal di Medici?"

"That was the assassin, Enzo the Auditor. Since he had no tongue, he couldn't tell us who we worked for. The Emperor took care of him... personally."

Brutus whistled. "I bet he did. Anyway, I'm going back into action in a few days. I thought Maurizio, you, Mother, and I could all have dinner tonight?"

Jacopo smiled. "That sounds splendid. Do you know where you're going?"

Brutus winked. "Don't you?"

"No, actually. I've asked Field Marshal Visconti to deal with your matters; I do not wish it to seem like you aren't earning your promotions on your own merits."

"That's very kind of you. I'm being attached to some secret mission; I don't even know where I'm going, I'm just told to report at the College of War next week."

Jacopo laughed. "That's the legions for you. Nobody knows anything about anything."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26 March 1701, Chancellor's office, Rome

Napoleone di Farnese looked a little ragged -- as was to be expected -- but otherwise was as sharp as ever. He wish he could say the same for his brother.

"Why does Peter constantly claim these weird things are God's will? I mean, blockading the Swedes? That made no sense!"

chapter47swedes.jpg

He grinned at Maurizio Contadino; the young Baron had been indispensable. He still missed his former deputy, David O'Connor, and sometimes found himself tearing up when he looked at his old office, still unoccupied. Recognizing his boss's mood, Maurizio quickly changed the subject.

"How is Prince Francesco doing?"

"I'm not sure. I know he'd asked Peter for permission to marry Kathleen O'Connor, but I don't know whether he truly loved her or simply wanted to make sure that David's kids grew up well. Still, I hear his new wife, Isabella, is crazy about him."

chapter47royalmarriage.jpg

"Where did they decide to go on their honeymoon?"

Napoleone smiled. "Morocco. It's perfectly safe, which the Emperor likes, familiar to the new Princess, and most importantly, it's absolutely beautiful this time of year."

"That's excellent. Isn't Kathleen going back to London?"

The Chancellor nodded. "That's right. It's probably best; most of the O'Connors still live in Britannia provincia, so she'll have more support up there."

A clerk entered the office as the two chatted. "Sirs, the Emperor has issued a declaration of war against Ragusa!"

chapter47ragusawar.jpg

Napoleone looked mystified. "Ragusa? But he was just saying the other day how much we needed to improve relations with them!" [1]

The clerk shrugged. Maurizio commented, "Perhaps things are going better than expected in Castille? It isn't like Ragusa is any serious threat."

"Maybe, but I'm starting to worry that whatever shred of sanity he had left, Peter is losing."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 August 1701, Palazzo di Farnese, Rome

Emperor Peter I grinned as he finished scribbling out his latest decree.

And that is why Moldavia must recognize our natural right to rule over them.

Peter I, Emperor of Italy, King of France and Burgundy, etc.

chapter47vassalizemolda.jpg

Constantijn de Ruyter coughed. The Emperor turned to face the Chief of the General staff. "Are you still here, General? I thought we were finished."

"Emperor, I've been here for twenty minutes and you haven't said anything to me."

The Emperor blinked. "Are you sure? Huh. Well, anyway, I called you here to see how the preparations were going."

Constantijn temporized for a moment. "Sir, I'm not entirely comfortable with this plan, if I may speak plainly."

The Emperor was puzzled. "Why not? Something wrong with the logistics?"

"You're talking about an invasion of Holland, sir."

"Yes, so?"

"I'm Dutch."

The Emperor was now really confused. "You are? Since when?"

"Since birth, sir."

"Isn't that something. Well, I can see why you might be bothered then. I'll have the Field Marshal lead the expedition then."

Visibly relived, Constantijn smiled. "Thank you sir. I have finished with the plans."

chapter47sidejourney.jpg

The Emperor clapped the General on the back. "Nice work, Jacopo! You know, you might just be a Marshal someday."

Constantijn politely thanked the Emperor and left. His next visitor was Foreign Minister Francesco Malaspina.

"Ah, good to see you, son! How's the new wife?"

The Foreign Minister gently corrected the Emperor. "I'm Malaspina, sir, not your son."

The Emperor chuckled. "Of course you aren't my son. Who said you were?"

"Forgive me, sir. It must be the heat. Anyways, I wanted to thank you for the kind words at my awards ceremony the other day."

chapter47diplomacyrules.jpg

"What kind of father would I be if I didn't?"

Francesco changed the subject. "I've got the declaration of war ready for you."

chapter47moldaviawar.jpg

"Excellent! And Ragusa?"

"Their forces are gone. It's a matter of time before they surrender."

chapter47ragusa.jpg

"Well done, well done. I hope Jean-Baptiste can be trusted... his part in the plan is most crucial."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12 October 1701, Holland, the Netherlands

Field Marshal Visconti was very pleased at his victories, difficult though they were. General de Ruyter's maps had been superb, and he'd taken special care to make sure that no civilians were harmed out of respect.

chapter47zeeland.jpg

chapter47holland.jpg

Good news was coming in from around the Empire as well. Moldavia surrendered and accepted the rule of Italy.

chapter47moldaviapeace.jpg

Even better, Castille had signed a punishing peace, giving Italy her first provinces in Iberia, the real gem of which was Andalucia. [2]

chapter47castillegains.jpg

The war against Ragusa continued, but only because their fortresses had proven sturdier than initially imagined. Holland had begun calling allies, so his task was far from done. The allies included Ireland and, oddly enough, Switzerland.

That bothered the Field Marshal. Why Switzerland? We haven't fought for a long time. The lateness of the call suggests perhaps a more recent alliance.

All of a sudden it struck him. To confirm his suspicions, he called over his brother Benedetto.

"Brother, what was the name of that tall fellow, the one who you sent to Rome?"

"Jean-Baptiste. Why, Leopoldo?"

"I think I know the Emperor's plan. I think he wanted to provoke a war with Switzerland this entire time!"

"But why?"

"How should I know? I'm not crazy."
---------------------------------------
21 October 1701, the Emperor's chamber, Palazzo di Farnese, Rome

Peter had been having odd dreams and often woke up in a feverish sweat. This time, he dreamt of an end to the world in 1821. Why 1821? Why always 1821? It was if time just... stopped. No cataclysm, no Rapture, just... nothing. In some of his dream, the Empire returned in 1835 or 1836, with people being strangely unaware of the time between. When he awoke this time, however, he saw a cloaked figure standing over him.

"Another dream, Emperor?"

"Yes... who are you?"

"I am Number Four."

At that, Peter I sat up with a sudden jerk. He squinted to try to see who was talking, but the cloak obscured all of the speaker's features. He tried to call for his guards but found there was nobody around.

"Do not worry, Emperor. I have sent them away for the evening."

"What are you doing here?"

Number Four laughed softly. "I am here to ease your suffering. The disease has gotten worse, hasn't it?"

Peter's eyes widened. "Disease? How did you know?"

"I know everything about you. I've been studying you for years. Your moods, your actions, your constant wars and stealing of land from other peoples without a just cause. You, Pietro di Farnese, have been sick for a very long time."

"Are you a doctor?"

"Of sorts."

Then the hooded figure removed his hood. Peter was now positively stunned. "But... you? How could you possibly be one of... them?"

The figure smiled. "We never meant to hurt you. We only meant to guide you. We want what you want. The return of the Roman Empire. The glory of the Seven Hills spread across the globe. And yet, for hundreds of years, if not more, we were forced to act in secret. It is somewhat ironic that now that the Society of Cincinnatus is dead, we've finally found a way to make sure that our influence lasts forever."

"You've murdered!"

The figure's smile disappeared. "Not as many as you have. I am grateful for your swift dealings with the assassin; he was never told to kill the Marshal, but to find a child who had no parents. I did not anticipate such a direct approach."

Peter started to whimper. "Are you here to kill me?"

The figure nodded. "I am. But I am not here to kill you for the Empire, to avenge the deaths you've caused, to right wrongs, or even for me." He picked up a pillow.

"I am doing this to end your pain, your illness, your dementia. I am doing this for one very simple reason." A tear ran down the figure's face.

As he smothered the Emperor with the pillow, he whispered five words, in Latin, into the dying Emperor's ear.

"Because I love you, Father."

chapter47anewemperor.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1] The mission was to improve relations. I decided to improve them in a much more direct way :D

[2] I wanted to isolate Toledo and drive their capital overseas; I simply wouldn't have had the war score.

That's the last update of 2011; I hope everybody enjoys their New Year's Eve (but not too much :)) and I'll see you again in 2012, probably the end of this coming week.

Lolol the emperor made me laugh this update! So it was his son, I surely did not expect that. Now it is time to consolidate Rome's glory!

Happy New Year!!

That emperor was really loony again. :p I suppose it doesn't matter anymore since he's dead.

Good to see some gains in Iberia. :)

Lolol the emperor made me laugh this update! So it was his son, I surely did not expect that. Now it is time to consolidate Rome's glory!

Happy New Year!!

Glad you liked the now totally insane Emperor. I actually thought of making it seem as if he were getting poisoned, but decided against this. I want Francesco to appear relatively normal, at least by comparison.

Happy New Year to you as well :)

That emperor was really loony again. :p I suppose it doesn't matter anymore since he's dead.

Good to see some gains in Iberia. :)

I was glad to see it as well. Andalucia has been quite the thorn in my side.

... impresive. Now with Fransesco III running the country, could he please invade Helvetia already?

"Yes, so?"

"I'm Dutch."

"You are? Since when?"

"Since birth, sir."

"Isn't that something."

Best line of dialogue ever! I literally laughed out loud when I read this :)

Good update, and a very good use of the Swiss ;) However the way you write (which by the way is awesome) makes it impossible for me to know what will happen to him. Looking forward for the next update, and a Happy New Year to you!:cool:

... impresive. Now with Fransesco III running the country, could he please invade Helvetia already?

Your wish is my command :)

"Yes, so?"

"I'm Dutch."

"You are? Since when?"

"Since birth, sir."

"Isn't that something."

Best line of dialogue ever! I literally laughed out loud when I read this :)

I liked that one too.

Good update, and a very good use of the Swiss ;) However the way you write (which by the way is awesome) makes it impossible for me to know what will happen to him. Looking forward for the next update, and a Happy New Year to you!:cool:

Happy New Year to you as well! Glad you liked the way Jean-Baptiste turned out.

great end for Peter ... matches his rather conflicted character rather well

Glad you liked it! I actually found that Peter was one of the hardest Emperors to write for; I had to show him as off-kilter, but not so much so that he'd get overthrown in a heartbeat. He's also the best Emperor I've had -- 7/7/7 -- in terms of stats. Things aren't nearly so good in the future. :(

Thats why dynasties are so sucky! With republics you will get a 9 something ruler within 3 tries.
I just elected a 7/8/9 ruler in my Roman Senetorial Republic, you need one to manage an empire that rules all of Europe lol!

Thats why dynasties are so sucky! With republics you will get a 9 something ruler within 3 tries.
I just elected a 7/8/9 ruler in my Roman Senetorial Republic, you need one to manage an empire that rules all of Europe lol!

Very true; I usually do go republic in most games, but it just made too much sense for RP purposes to stay as an Empire.

Way to go Number Four!!!
Now to create even more glory for Rome!

Indeed :)

Expect a new update this weekend; possibly earlier, but don't count on it.

This is becoming less and less of a gameplay AAR and I'm loving it.

This is becoming less and less of a gameplay AAR and I'm loving it.

Glad you're enjoying it! Sometimes I leave stuff out or even flat out change facts for a better story. I think it's called "poetic license." :)

When this one is done? I've got a few ideas bubbling around in my head, but nothing concrete. I do think I'll go back to gameplay if I do another EU 3 one, but it's possible that I might do another narrative.