• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I heard SF says January 20.

Phillip V said:
I heard SF says January 20.

Well there is nothing on the SF website I cant find any NA release info. Can someone post some NA release info from the publisher and retail locations?

I want to buy the game, help me, help Paradox.

Well, the ebgames.com ship date has dropped back from 1/21/04 to 2/1/04. Gamestop is still showing 1/20/04.

I have pre-ordered my copy at a local EBX but I do not expect to receive it until the end of the first or second week in february. Budget titles often have a 1-2 week lag from their online release to actually ending up on a shelf somewhere.

--
EnPeaSea

EnPeaSea said:
Well, the ebgames.com ship date has dropped back from 1/21/04 to 2/1/04. Gamestop is still showing 1/20/04.

I have pre-ordered my copy at a local EBX but I do not expect to receive it until the end of the first or second week in february. Budget titles often have a 1-2 week lag from their online release to actually ending up on a shelf somewhere.

--
EnPeaSea

Thanks for the reply dude. I see it at Gamestop and do business with them regularly. I just dont want to preorder, I prefer to know its been released and take the ride and get the game that day (personal preference). If I have to order over the web fine, but I wont until the publisher announces thier release.

Odin1970 said:
Well there is nothing on the SF website I cant find any NA release info. Can someone post some NA release info from the publisher and retail locations?

I want to buy the game, help me, help Paradox.

Doing my best to help out... although I don't have any good answer or specific dates to give. I think that the NA version has been postponed 2 weeks, for other markets you need to contact each distributor.

/F

Fredrik II said:
Doing my best to help out... although I don't have any good answer or specific dates to give. I think that the NA version has been postponed 2 weeks, for other markets you need to contact each distributor.

/F

Thanks for the reply Fredrik. I will keep my ears open for a release. I just hate preordering stuff I always seem to get dissapointed with the process due to delays.

It certainly wont be out tomorrow so I will throttle back here and wait a few weeks before scoping out strat first again.

So has anybody seen Two Thrones in local stores yet, such a Walmart, EB, etc?

See the other release date thread...Sol Invictus actually owns a copy!

In North America a lot of Gamestop stores carry it already.

Yep, the game is starting to drift into Gamestops in the metro detroit area.

--
EnPeaSea

jech said:
I saw it at gamestop but couldn't buy it since I already preodered it from EBGAMES which says it has not shipped yet. Does anyone know when EBGames is shipping??

Why I still trust them to get me games on time I don't know :(

I had a preorder at a local EB store. I just cancelled my pre-order, got my down payment back, and bought it at Gamestop.

Ebgames is listing a ship date of the 9th, so you should probably do the same if the game is already available at another store.

--
EnPeaSea

I read the wargamer.com site a lot, they have an article posted here http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=506

Says sometime in Feb. I know some in NA have it already, here in Boston its no where to found. Gamestop tells me that its probably coming in by the end of the week, Let me tell you, Strat First isnt doing themselves any favors with this release, just seems like an unnescessary mystery as to why some cities have and some others dont.

Very odd

This is a real "stealth" game alright. If you didn't frequent these boards you would never know about it.

Sol Invictus said:
This is a real "stealth" game alright. If you didn't frequent these boards you would never know about it.

So true, I know it isnt a big title release like Vic or CK will be but its not even listed on strat first site at all. I didnt expect to see banners for the game on wargaming sites, but a release date for North America dosent seem to be out of the realm of expectations.

Whats odd is some stores have it some dont dependant on your city. I wonder how thier distribution works, I know strat first is a canadian outfit so I wonder if locale has anything to do with it.

Maybe its time to fire EUII up again until it comes, been awhile...

Got an "official" email back from strat first today. I emailed them a week or so ago about the release:

"Dear Peter,

Thanks very much for your interest in Paradox’s latest, Two Thrones.
This title was released in North America January 27th and is currently available at your local Gamestop and Electronics Boutique.

Hope this information is helpful.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need more information.

Best regards,

Maria Loreto
Sales Manager
Strategy First"

So its official anyway its been released, now I just have to get on the gamestop guys to get the box in the store (told me twice it hadnt shipped). So if your looking for the game, like me, and cant find it in retail its been released and its now in the retailers hand. If it dosent show up by friday I will probably order it over the web.

Odin1970 said:
So its official anyway its been released, now I just have to get on the gamestop guys to get the box in the store (told me twice it hadnt shipped). So if your looking for the game, like me, and cant find it in retail its been released and its now in the retailers hand. If it dosent show up by friday I will probably order it over the web.

TT should be available in NA, and today it was shipped to our German distributor, Koch Media.
/F

Local EB here says 2/10, local media play says 2/9 but it's not in their system :( local Gamestop says it's out but they don't carry it, ouch (OTOH that store is in a dying mall)(yes, we have dying malls in NY).