• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have answered your question, can you tell me what the point of your question was? Do you only want people here who will stick their heads in the sand and act like everything is great and Colossal Order is just doing an absolutely tremendous job of providing value for what they stole? No matter how terrible a job they continue to do, we should only be cheerleaders and tell them what a great job they are doing? Maybe send them some flowers and cake too? Is that really what's going to suddenly make them create something food out of this mess?
I enjoy studying human behavior, so I am just simply curious why other people do what they do. You can look at me as a small kid still asking 'why?'. There is nothing nefarious behind it, I just don't believe everyone is the same and has same reasoning like I have, so that is why I am trying to learn the reasoning and thought processes of other people.

I believe that everybody has right to have and express their own honest opinion. No matter if it is a mainstream one, or if it can offend someone. I also believe that there needs to be legal consequences for the freedom of speech, but that would be discussion for another topic.

I had a same reasoning as you have, i.e. we need to call the developer and publisher for their deceitful behaviour, express what we do not like and what we want. Where we differ is, that I no longer believe that anything we will say will have any inpact on what the publisher&developer do. In another words, this is scenario of 'money talks', where our only impact on them is in our vallets. Bless the exceptions in the industry.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So they not doing word of the week with the bad response to their beach waterfront DLC which is bad advertising when they do not have anything that look beach like, You can not even add beached unless you go into dev modes and play with surface sand, most users don't know about this.

Biggest thing I think annoyed people was putting Palm trees behind a pay wall, especially if you want to play custom maps you have to double check to make sure it doesn't have palm trees before you add it in the game.

Was hoping negativity from community will be addressed during WOW, assuming you would have known their will be backlash as everyone one was already complaining about the DLC before it was even released and it insane price you want to charge for it. $10 USD, should be $5.99 at best.

Guess CO and paradox would rather stay silent.

UPDATE:
so as comments below stated they might be out of office due to Easter holiday in Europe. In USA, we had Friday and Sunday for Easter. Also it being April Fools and maybe news might be taken as a joke.

So I will keep an eye out for tomorrow if they address anything.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
they just don't care, like the mess has been delivered before eastern and there was no reaction or hotfix for at least the broken taa. very unprofessional and no appreciation whatsoever for the customer at all. very disappointing and pathetic. pdx and co are joining now my blacklist like EA. nor more money from me, thank you!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
they just don't care, like the mess has been delivered before eastern and there was no reaction or hotfix for at least the broken taa. very unprofessional and no appreciation whatsoever for the customer at all. very disappointing and pathetic. pdx and co are joining now my blacklist like EA. nor more money from me, thank you!
A hotfix for the TAA problem is in the works. No date yet though.

• 2Like
Reactions:
appreciate the information, thank you. like everything about the game is in the work. only the price was ready.
they've made me a full price paying beta tester and they're still denying it. sorry guys, that's not how it works.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Today is still Easter holiday so they are out of office until tomorrow. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Meanwhile PDX devs and community managers talked to us through the weekend and today.
I really don't think CO deserves to be cut slack because it's Easter. While normally I would never advocate for making people work during holidays, the situation that they created is what it is.

• 7Like
Reactions:
It's sad how the games industry works. You either die an indie studio or live long enough to become the next EA or Bethesda. I'm done with PDX, too. They're just not the studio they used to be.

• 15Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Meanwhile PDX devs and community managers talked to us through the weekend and today.
I really don't think CO deserves to be cut slack because it's Easter. While normally I would never advocate for making people work during holidays, the situation that they created is what it is.
It's a public holiday. Employees are off spending time with their families. You can't just randomly decide everyone has to work a few weeks beforehand. Assuming that was legal in Sweden... it's a public holiday, are normal public transport services even running? How would they all get into their office? Assuming you could force them to get into the office and they make it in...what if they need to talk to or get a service from anyone outside the office. You can't because they are all closed. So you are paying someone maybe three times what they would normally earn to be extremely angry about having to work and likely not being 100 percent productive. Oh, and then you have to give them days off later to make up for the time they worked over Easter. Sounds like genius to me.

• 3Like
Reactions:
In regards to roadmap, if they admitted that they do not have even internal roadmap and that they are basically in such deep hole that they themselves have no idea what is happening with their own game, how would community react?
I actually think the roadmap is the most helpful bit of communication they could provide.

Vic 3 had a troubled launch (though arguably not as bad as CS2's). The devs there have backed off the forum compared to pre-release days, but the game director still comes out with regular roadmaps that show how the devs feel about the state of the game. They're pretty up-front with statements like acknowledging the diplomacy system needs more work, but also confessing that it won't be receiving major changes in the next patch. When there's a major patch release, the Vic 3 and Stellaris teams are pretty up-front with "here are the known issues we're investigating, and this is what we hope to have fixed in the next patch."

On the CS 2 side, they've done this in the past. The WoWs that outlined "here are the bugs we're working on, here are some things we know aren't working but need more time" were very well received (look at that reaction distribution). Now that they no longer have a regular patch schedule (i.e. back to the CS1 style where we have to guess how many months until the next patch is coming), that level of detail doesn't fit anymore, but there is still space for a high-level overview of all the game systems and how the dev's think about them similar to the Vic 3 DD I listed. We have no idea if they are happy with the economic simulation in the game (it's been four months since that tax bug was introduced). There was a lot of passionate feedback about the services systems - some of which was addressed (garbage, mail kinda, education), some of which remains as-is on release. "We like X the way it is, we want to adjust Y but have other priorities, etc." really goes a long way on the communication side, and leadership should be aware of that plan as they're the ones that make it.

Sure, there's some risk there, but the default assumed position when there's no communication is "we think everything is fine" for anything not previously mentioned (e.g. performance).

• 9Like
Reactions:
To drive the point of communication home, this is Johan, Studio manager for the Europa Universalis series. Responding to players on a Saturday morning like the absolute boss that he is:
View attachment 1106299

All it takes is really just to be truly willing to communicate and respect the players.
"All it takes?"
I'm sorry, but a senior manager (as a studio manager is) engaging with the forum in his free time is an extra mile. It's not what we should seriously expect from people.

It's entirely enough to communicate within their work time. It's even enough to communicate outside of this forum and not within it. But the communication should be honest, accurate and hit the right tone.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Company/CEO that makes a quote like "We honestly didn't realize that anyone would have such high FPS (frames per second) requirements for a simulation game [like Cities: Skylines 2]. That was something that was completely … that was not a [stat] that we had considered. For us the FPS is completely like, I don't want to say completely irrelevant, but… what's most important is that the gameplay experience is smooth, that the simulation is running at a proper speed. And as the city grows, it doesn't start to slow down too significantly." sound like they even know that stuff is broken in their game? That they even know what to fix? You didn't even consider targeting higher than 30 fps because your focus was on a simulation that wouldn't slow down as the cities grow. BUT THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS!!!
Tbf we never saw the internal versions before they started reworking performance. It's absolutely possible that the simulation speed didnt slow down as much originally but the graphics and fps were shit.

• 2Like
Reactions:
True, but diffrence is that unlike Hallo Games CO sold DLCs with Ultimate edition and for the moment CO did not introduce any new DLC
I guess I'm simply not understanding you, because what is beach properties if not a DLC? Or do you mean DLC outside of what was promised in the Ultimate Edition?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.