Newest Paradox Launcher version 2023.14 does not work on Linux

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The fix works for me as well.

I would like to know how if there is a way to update it properly when the launcher quits by itself after a few seconds. which doesn't allow the automatic update to finish.
You can revert to an older working version of the launcher by deleting the folder ~/.paradoxlauncher/launcher-v2.2023.14 . That older launcher will then update directly to 2023.14.1 and skip the broken version. If that doesn't work, you can do a full uninstall of the launcher as described in this support article. The next time that you start a game, you will get an older version of the launcher which is shipped with that game. And then it updates itself to 2023.14.1.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Now the launcher opens normally on Arch Linux, but the game crashes during initial loading. In version 3.8.4 it works normally.
That's stellaris, right? Stellaris version 3.9.3 had startup crashes in Linux even before the launcher update. There are multiple threads in the stellaris bug reports forum about this.

Reactions:
Here's what I get:

Stellaris crash2.png

Is this about stellaris? I don't think that the stellaris crash is related to the launcher. If you don't get it when starting stellaris directly, try to disable the steam overlay. That has caused crashes for some people in some paradox games.

You can use proton to run the windows version of the game and the launcher(depending on the game you might need more steps to get it working). But it would be difficult to run the windows version of the launcher together with the linux version of the game.

Which game are you talking about and for which proton version does that apply? At least with proton 8.04, the windows version of eu4 doesn't start with the -opengl option, but it works fine without it(though I have not tested MP).

That's the thread which I already found. But the logs which you posted there don't contain these lines and they don't explain how you started the launcher on the command line to get those lines.
You are correct, I forgot to mention I mean Stellaris. Mea Culpa.

How are you supposed to get the v2.2023.14.1 if the app doesn't stay open long enough to update?
Same issue. After deleting all the Paradox Launcher files and forcing it to re-download, it keeps downloading 2023.14, which crashes before it can update itself to 2023.14.1. I think Paradox needs to push 2023.14.1 to Steam since 2023.14 can't self-update.

How are you supposed to get the v2.2023.14.1 if the app doesn't stay open long enough to update?
If you still have an older version in ~/.paradoxlauncher, you can just remove version 2023.14 to start the older version which then updates itself to 2023.14.1. If you don't have an older version, you can fully uninstall the launcher and then start a game which ships an older version. Eu4 for example has version 2022.9. If you only own games which ship 2023.14, you can revert to an older version of them in the steam betas tab. Or you could download version 2023.13 like I explained in this comment

I just re-installed CK3 from steam and unfortunately v2.2023.14.1 crashes. I delleted the suggested folders etc and I still crash. Unfortunately I'm on Arch so I'm not sure what my next step should be. Any help is appreciated.

I just re-installed CK3 from steam and unfortunately v2.2023.14.1 crashes. I delleted the suggested folders etc and I still crash. Unfortunately I'm on Arch so I'm not sure what my next step should be. Any help is appreciated.
When exactly does it crash for you? Does the launcher get far enough to show its version number? If it does, is it really 2023.14.1 or maybe just 2023.14?
Can you post your launcher log files?