• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haha :D

It's actually my fault because I wanted to release the version ASAP and didn't bother to delete the corresponding scenario files from the release. 1956 scenario is my contribution to Space Race Mod Redux and 1953 is an offshot, planned to be released within a couple of future versions.

Be prepared that while I made a couple of changes from 1950 scenario to suit later scenarios, you can consider them unsupported as of yet, there may be some dragons there, even more than in my usual "supported" scenarios ;)

Ok, so I'll focus my bughunting on the 1945 and 1950 scenarios :cool:

Bizon
what's about my help with correct soviet ministers, leaders and so on?
actually there are a lot of mistakes

Bizon, do you know that the DDR isn't a puppet of USSR in the 1950 scenario, but it should be?

Sure, I'll correct that.

Bizon
what's about my help with correct soviet ministers, leaders and so on?
actually there are a lot of mistakes

Can you remind me what was the deal? :) I remember that you offered to research Soviet ministers and leaders but at some point in the future. If you're still willing to help, I'm ready to include any input of yours. I tried to look for any downloads regarding USSR and I found only omega20's Soviet OOBs so I don't think you sent me any files, did you?

I quickly checked again what prerequisites I set for the event to fire and basically USA must have interventionism set to 3 and higher (the event file is referenced in events.txt so all the events should work). The event should fire anywhere during 1949. Maybe USA are too isolationist? I'll check this out.

Aahh, OK, it's another thing.

I see there's no persistent = yes setting. What a dull mistake :] It should be working now, there's no other obvious bug that I see.

I'm hotfixing the last release with the corrected version within 10 minutes.

EDIT: Both links in the first post point to the new version. Thanks for sharing the report!

Last edited:
This mod is Epic,three atualizations for week :D xD

Bizon,in Your opnion,if the Cold War Explodes in WW3 in the Year of 1954,who will win?

Thanks a lot, a bookmark added!

I can even give you the last version of the mod if the links for it don't work. It has quite a lot of content that you could use even if it was barely playable.

I can even give you the last version of the mod if the links for it don't work. It has quite a lot of content that you could use even if it was barely playable.

Yep, me too, i have even a last minute tweaked version in my laptop which i didn't release it...

is the chinese civil war meant to be quite so hard to win as the KMT? even when you're winning you still have events to lower your IC and take away units. couple that with the high dissent to begin with and the eventual need to mobilise and there isn't a lot of room to hold together your army.

Can you remind me what was the deal? :) I remember that you offered to research Soviet ministers and leaders but at some point in the future. If you're still willing to help, I'm ready to include any input of yours. I tried to look for any downloads regarding USSR and I found only omega20's Soviet OOBs so I don't think you sent me any files, did you?
ok
i can sent you correct .csv files with SOV ministers and leaders without killed in Great Purge and WWII
and add some new, if it nessesary

and give information about purges in 40-50s
for example about Leningrad Affair or against soviet generals in 1947-50

and that's about delete from these .csv inactive ministers - can be any problems?

Last edited:
Bizon,in Your opnion,if the Cold War Explodes in WW3 in the Year of 1954,who will win?

Seeing various reports about how the WW3 turns out in the mod, USA gains an upper hand quite soon, being able to use its atomic arsenal. Frankly, I suppose though, there may be many irregularities here with both powers not using nukes against themselves directly and having problems with stationing troops in Europe and generally finding it hard to move through liberated European countries.

If you ask me, how should it really turn out, I'd probably follow a popular belief that massive Soviet forces should get a quick upper hand using its conventional advantage to win Germany but then they could be nuked, invaded and beaten into submission. That's more or less the line of HoI2 Doomsday scenario, IIRC, and it should work good for 1946-1951 timeline. Then, 1950s is the time when Soviets get their bomb and probably their relative power is the highest during the Cold War. In 1954 I would really like to see USSR having a very high chance of conquering Europe and then pitting an equal fight against America, even if it would mean making AI build invasion fleets and having them used. I suppose that judging from sheer industrial output, USSR could possibly never successfully win against USA (bomb without retaliation, invade by sea, annex) without having both parties buried under fallout and debris. But I'll take other factors as well into account so the war would be interesting.

From about 1970 dynamic economy events bring Soviet power again down and American victory should be more and more probable.

But I'll analyze it more before 1.9.x version to balance it well enough from historical and gameplay PoV.

I'll check it today, I'm very interested, thanks!

is the chinese civil war meant to be quite so hard to win as the KMT? even when you're winning you still have events to lower your IC and take away units. couple that with the high dissent to begin with and the eventual need to mobilise and there isn't a lot of room to hold together your army.

The CCW is a tad easier than in NWO1 but still, I agree, horrendously hard to win as Chiang. I always wanted to make it more surprising but making KMT stronger (removing some of those punishing events) resulted in the front stalling well into 1950s. I could make some of the events random or make them dependable on early successes of either side. The former is easier, the latter probably better because you won't depend on the game's random number generator, but not so easy to achieve. I'll have it in my plans, though.

soviet ministers in mod
actual for 3th October 1945

http://www.sendspace.com/file/83yplz

Thanks a lot! I'll have it added for the next version.

Many of the ministers don't have traits. Will this be fixed in the next version?

Next version - surely not. Some distant one - possibly, with the most distinguishable persons having historical traits and the rest having them randomized. It's hardly a priority though.

Bug with USA Land Doctrines(1945 scenario), seem to be unable to abandon most doctrines in the default tree, resulting in this. http://i.imgur.com/tp6Gc.png

Also, Miniaturized Fission Bomb will not unlock, despite it being 1949 and Fission Bomb having been researched some time ago.

Interesting, I'll check it out when I'm at home.

If I could give an advice, change the techteam/IC ratio to 10 due to Dynamic Economy events.

I'll have to see what exactly does this ratio means :) I guess, it regulates how much IC is needed to get extra tech team (currently 20,40,60...)? Because the mod allows to play all the scenarios, 1914 and WW2 included, and the ratio is probably defined in misc.txt, I'm reluctant to change anything but I'll check it for sure before saying no :)