• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All are avaliable; 1914, 1933 and 1936. If I start 1914 scenario, will it be OK to play to the 1990s?

Did you download the NWO mod and install it properly? Did you launch the mod using the game launcher? If so, you should see the NWO loading screen and the various start dates. The earliest for NWO is 1933 but I think optimally, you should use the NWO -1945 start date or any of the various post-war start dates. If you don't see any of these options then you did something wrong. Check the first page of this thread for an image of scenario start dates.

I checked scenario files. 1914 scenario has enddate = 1921, others have enddate = 9999
So, 1933 is the earliest scenario probably.

Yes, 1933 is the earliest start date. But if things go ahistoric, then a lot of the NWO events won't fire.

I started as UK in 1933. In 1934 Jamaica revolted and founded. While I was landing to annex it they spawned two 1945 model infantry. It seems starting before 1945 is not a good idea.

I started as UK in 1933. In 1934 Jamaica revolted and founded. While I was landing to annex it they spawned two 1945 model infantry. It seems starting before 1945 is not a good idea.
All countries founded from British Empire's territories have event "Create the army" that give new country 2 or 3 1945 model infantry.

For example, I play South Africa from 1933, joined Axis, captured some British colonies and found Rodesia state in 1943. They had this event that gave them 3 infantry divisions 1945 model.

PLEASE MY FELLOW ENTHUSIASTS HELP ME!!! I am trying to add the cheats mod to the events folder for new world order 2 and I cannot get the damn scenarios to work with the cheat text added! I followed the directions, added the 2 lines of text to the events folder in the db folder, but still it crashes every time i load a scenario. I had no problems with Darkest Hour Full...

Last edited:
Any chance of incorporating the E3 map project at some point? This mod looks very interesting, but it shares my biggest quibble with DH, the lack of provinces leading to the game being a bunch of doom stacks facing each other.

Are there any AARs for this mod that I could read through?

Is it possible to break off your status as puppet ??

For example if i start as a Poland in 1945 scenario ( NWO ) will i be able to renounce my status as puppet to USSR and to declare war on them if i feel strong enough ??

I yes then how - event, decision, simple diplomacy ??

Poland isn't a puppet at the start of the game
However you can't do a whole lot, you can have the referendum on communism be inconclusive or successful, and that's basically it until the 1980's I think

Oh, I guess I just didn't notice the puppetry then
But yes, the only eastern bloc nations worth playing are the USSR and Yugoslavia. Hungary might be if you want to try to break free in the 50's but they probably don't get many events after that point.

OMG I've been away from this mod a while. I downloaded latest version and loaded it up and when I heard CCR and Kennedy, I totally geeked out! Can't wait to continue seeing all the other great immersive changes. Awesome work!

Let me preface this post by saying that I really do like NWO2 and think it’s, overall, a very fun mod and certainly far, far, better than anything I could ever dream of making. Like anything, however, it’s not perfect and one of its admittedly more minor faults bugged me very recently and I thought it worth mentioning. I hope I don’t come across as too sharp – this is a genuine attempt to provide constructive feedback.

That said, I recently decided to play a round as the Democratic Republic of Greece, a country I hadn’t picked up for the better part of a year. After playing for a few hours, I remember why I hadn’t played them for the better part of a year.

The thing is after the Greek Civil War is triggered you are presented with an event which allows you to seek support from either the USSR or Tito. I went historical and chose Tito. This gives you a rather large influx of divisions (about eight as I recall, half infantry and half militia), with which you can begin a serious offensive against the Hellenic Army.

There are a few problems with this. The first is that the game puts you on a time limit, with two to four divisions disappearing every few months. This means that you’re essentially on the clock to deliver victory in the civil war. Now, I wouldn’t ordinarily mind such a system – after all, any revolutionary army which fails to produce tangible results is bound to lose support the longer a conflict drags on. The problem is that these events will trigger regardless of the actual progress of the war. I had at one point pushed the Hellenic Army off almost the entirety of the mainland, forcing their army onto Corfu and into the two provinces of the Peloponnese. I controlled Athens and Thessaloniki and had controlled them for so long that their IC had been completely repaired. True, absolute victory had not been achieved, but I was hardly in a position where mass desertion of division-sized formations seems merited.

The other problem I have with this is that things feel highly deterministic at times. The civil war must start in 1946 when, in truth, it could have begun as early as 1945, if the Treaty of Varkiza had not been signed, or perhaps never if the events at Litochoro had not taken had not taken place. What’s weirder is that, though the war begins in early 1946, the player doesn’t receive his influx of troops from Tito or the USSR until mid-1947, meaning that your first year of war is really just you sitting a lot and maybe taking Kozani if you feel daring.

In truth, it seems to me that the political situation in Greece would be better represented by a system similar to that which Kaiserreich employs with Russia. The actions of a Greek player or AI could guide the fate of the country and steer it towards or away from a civil war. And if the civil war does begin events could better simulate the rise in popular dissent and partisan activity that occurred prior to the efforts to engage in conventional warfare undertaken by the Greek Communist Party (KKE) in the autumn of 1947, which is when the ground war becomes interesting in-game anyway.

I admit that this would be a lot of work for a very small part of the overall game. And, indeed, It’s not an immediate priority, nor is it something that needs to be fixed right this second. But it is something that would be nice to see at some point in the future. Anyway, for what its worth, those are my thoughts.

Also, on an unrelated side note to all of this, I’ve noticed weird glitch a few times where the Comintern dissolves completely and then reforms with the Democratic Republic of Greece in it, which accidentally causes World War III once Greece is admitted to NATO. This happened while I was playing as Greece and another time, in another game, where I was playing as Nationalist China. I’m not really sure what triggered it but it seemed bizarre enough to be worth mentioning.

While playing as the soviet union I decided to intervene in the Greek civil war by event.The warsaw Pact immediately dissolved as a faction but immediately came back as an alliance.Is this intentional?

It's been a long time since I posted a new version last time so I almost forgot how to do it ;) Anyway, here's the few highlights:
- Eastern Europe is finally getting its 1963+ attention;
- event-driven army limits shouldn't bug anymore unless you amass a really huge army;
- USSR should be noticeably more active on nuclear playground;
- and there's a couple of fixes made for issues that really asked for taking care of.

Below is the detailed changelog:
Code:
[+] added historical ministers and events for Eastern European countries (U**)
[x] hugely relaxed army limits
[x] fixed descriptions regarding army limits
[x] added Soviet bloc coherence modifiers for 1963+ timeline
[x] integrated additional flags and names for Eastern European countries (by eeeex)
[x] USA and USSR get their proper submarine doctrines for all scenarios + USA gets CAS doctrines (reported by Kennelly)
[x] fixed Stalin's Note event chain for ahistorical early German unification (reported by Aquamenti)
[x] event "Hungarian Revolution aftermath" is no longer slept for 1956 scenario (reported by eeeex)
[+] added an event giving USSR free reactors in mid-50s to help them in arms race (AI only)
[x] fixed McCarthyism event for USA (reported by eeeex)
[x] fixed missing EVT_SELFRULE_MLY_NAME missing string (reported by Kennelly)
[x] slight alterations to USA OOB in 1945 (reported by Kennelly)
[x] fixes to Soviet nuclear techs for later scenarios (reported by Myrten)
[x] American communist revolution event (if dissent > 65) is turned off after 1945 (reported by Myrten)
[x] fixed divisions and brigade modifiers for CTWW (suggested by Stuka Ju87 D3)
[x] USA and USSR should now have access to post-1950s ICBM techs (reported by Myrten)
[x] fixes to Cuban Revolution event chain (reported by Myrten)
[x] raised neutrality AI factors for a couple of countries
[x] Korean War now ends with non-aggression pact being signed so the war shouldn't recommence later
[x] the game should try to take into account how much peacetime modifier USA already can have and prevent it from getting prohibitively high amount, like -99% (reported by Stuka Ju87 D3)
[x] Saud Arabia now has a possiblity to join war against Israel in 1948 (reported by warpedmind)
[x] now if Castro is caught by Batista, he is gone for good (reported by warpedmind)
[x] if Sino-Indian of 1962 ends once, peace events won't fire anymore (reported by warpedmind)
[x] countries will join Warsaw Pact / NATO only if they have at least -100 relation with the corresponding superpower and not more than 150 relation with opposing superpower (reported by warpedmind)
[+] added scenario description for Israel (suggested by FCZP)
[-] removed several Vichy France ministers/leaders from post-war scenarios from French pool (enddate set to 1944, suggested by FCZP)
[x] South Vietnam will receive now less units from USA not to make its army too big; they will receive slightly smaller dissent hits too (reported by FCZP) 
[x] Greek Civil War has now chance to fire with more variation in time, foreign help will also arrive sooner, closer to the war start (suggested by Julius Root)
[x] communists in Greece will no longer lose troops if they hold considerable part of the Greek territory (reported by Julius Root)
[x] fixed a major bug where USSR could leave Comintern, this often could happen under certain circumstances during Greek Civil War (reported by Julius Root)
[x] a lot of little fixes

You can download the file from the two usual locations at https://codeofwar.wordpress.com/2014/12/14/new-world-order-2-2-5/

awesome !!

and thanks for the credits :3

i will play the new version ASAP and post any relevant event/bug

ps: turkey will be a good comrade in the warsaw pact !!!

Last edited: