• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, thank you.

I still have them as Turkish (PDX changed them to Persian at some point) - would Tajik be better then?
Since the development team has separated Tajik culture from Persian culture, the expressions of those who were originally Eastern Persian culture should also be adjusted accordingly.

Since the development team has separated Tajik culture from Persian culture, the expressions of those who were originally Eastern Persian culture should also be adjusted accordingly.

See, this is why CK3 should have a "Turco-Iranian" culture like EUIV does.

"Formed from various Turkic and Iranian cultures in the year 1000"

This would encompass Tajiks, Oghuz, Persians, Karluks, Afghans, etc. with ease. Perhaps there could also be a decision to create this culture in the 867 start for Turks ruling over Iranians? Sort of like the Norman culture creating decision.

Reactions:
The dev team is right about the Ghaznavids. They might have been born from Turks originally, but culturally were Persian later on. It's like the Sultan of Egypt in 867 start, Egyptian cultured but from a Turkic family.

Culture =! Familial origins or how someone looks.

Reactions:
The dev team is right about the Ghaznavids. They might have been born from Turks originally, but culturally were Persian later on. It's like the Sultan of Egypt in 867 start, Egyptian cultured but from a Turkic family.

Now that each culture has racial caricatures to it, yes you are the origin. Is the ruler of Egypt in 867 an agricultural farmer or a slave that became a governor

• 1Like
Reactions:

Funnily enough Egypt is the example I had in mind as well.

Norse-Gael

Another culture that should probably already exist in 1066. The Norse-Gaels were fairly influential in the British Isles throughout the Medieval Period. Perhaps Norse Heritage but Goidelic language would be appropriate? I'm open to other combinations as well as I am not a big expert on Norse-Gael culture. I imagine the Isles, Mann, and perhaps a county in Ireland would be Norse-Gael in 1178.

English

This is a culture that already exists in the game, so I'd be surprised if they do not add it. Arguably, the King of England may still be French culture during this period. His vassals are a different story though. In CK2, English culture dynamically appeared starting in the year 1100.

In addition to English forming from the Conquest of England, Siculo-Norman already exists as a unique hybrid culture and should be present with the Norman conquest of southern Italy.

Also, in 1178 Cambro-Norman and Hiberno-Norman should be added similar to Norse-Gael with the continued Norman invasions that followed the Conquest of England. And there is also Scoto-Norman which the House of Bruce were. Like the Norse-Gaels these were celticized.

In addition to English forming from the Conquest of England, Siculo-Norman already exists as a unique hybrid culture and should be present with the Norman conquest of southern Italy.

Also, in 1178 Cambro-Norman and Hiberno-Norman should be added similar to Norse-Gael with the continued Norman invasions that followed the Conquest of England. And there is also Scoto-Norman which the House of Bruce were. Like the Norse-Gaels these were celticized.
English and Sicilian will certainly be in, yes - they're already in the history files for those regions.

Norse-Gaelic is a possibility in vanilla, but there's no way they will add any Norman/Gaelic hybrid cultures as well; it just seems very niche and with too few provinces for PDX to bother. They clearly aren't fans of adding very small provincial cultures which are prone to disappearing quickly - see also: Crimean Gothic, Albanian.

That said, they may well add some of these suggestions as dynamic hybrid culture names.